Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Oct 14, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #2,191 of 5,994
This may seem silly (in view of the 2 to 1 price difference) but does the Stealth absolutely trounce the Ether 2; or does anyone who's heard both prefer the Ether 2? I ask as as someone who doesn't need closed back isolation and prefers the sound of open backed headphones. For example I know many really rate the Ether Flow Closed headphones but when I auditioned them on release I thought the Flow Open far superior.

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #2,193 of 5,994
Based on some of your feedback I got a Hugo 2 to have a “portable” system with the Stealth, I’m happy to report that the Hugo 2 seems to have enough power for my regular listening volume. I like how it sounds, now I just need to figure out how to make the 2go work…
Try stealth on any amp with 5W+\channel @32ohms then please report back whether or not your amp has “enough”. 😉😉

The true depth of this HP is plumbed with sheer POWER (so long as it’s clean power).

Oct 14, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #2,194 of 5,994
Based on some of your feedback I got a Hugo 2 to have a “portable” system with the Stealth, I’m happy to report that the Hugo 2 seems to have enough power for my regular listening volume. I like how it sounds, now I just need to figure out how to make the 2go work…

Try stealth on any amp with 5W+\channel @32ohms then please report back whether or not your amp has “enough”. 😉😉

The true depth of this HP is plumbed with sheer POWER (so long as it’s clean power).
I have a Stealth on order and have a Hugo 2. Based on posts such as yours I am buying an iFi Diablo for use at work with the Stealth.

Oct 14, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #2,195 of 5,994

The only amp I have with that amount of power is a Jotunheim 2, I just tried it and it seems to add more body to the music but it loses clarity compared to plugging the Stealth directly into the Hugo 2. I feel it's more like a different flavor than a revelation.

Oct 14, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #2,196 of 5,994
The only amp I have with that amount of power is a Jotunheim 2, I just tried it and it seems to add more body to the music but it loses clarity compared to plugging the Stealth directly into the Hugo 2. I feel it's more like a different flavor than a revelation.
Hugo 2 is on the bright side of transparent

Oct 15, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #2,197 of 5,994
I'm sitting here upset with my metal playlists skipping many tracks since I don't want to use EQ yet and then comes Diana Krall crawling into the Stealth and performs just for me.

And I fall in love again with these headphones.

Vocals are magical in these.

Edit: Colour to the Moon - Allan Taylor started playing... Beautiful, beautiful guitar riffs.

Oct 15, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #2,198 of 5,994
I'm sitting here upset with my metal playlists skipping many tracks since I don't want to use EQ yet and then comes Diana Krall crawling into the Stealth and performs just for me.

And I fall in love again with these headphones.

Vocals are magical in these.

Edit: Colour to the Moon - Allan Taylor started playing... Beautiful, beautiful guitar riffs.
May I ask what kind of Metal do you listen to? I am looking for a headphone that is good for Dream Theater, Leprous, David Gilmour, Metallica etc, but nothing like black/death/etc metal with growling and double bass drum at 240 bpm.

Oct 15, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #2,199 of 5,994
May I ask what kind of Metal do you listen to? I am looking for a headphone that is good for Dream Theater, Leprous, David Gilmour, Metallica etc, but nothing like black/death/etc metal with growling and double bass drum at 240 bpm.
My playlist has some of the bands you've listed along many others that include symphonic metal such as Nightwish, Kamelot, Iced Earth, etc.

It's as @DarginMahkum mentioned a few posts back, the Stealth has alot of energy in the upper mids and with some EQ I don't think this will be an issue. I'm just trying to acclimate to the headphones with no EQ at the moment just to pin-point their strengths and weaknesses.

Also, the Stealth handles EQ well when I tried some of the settings that @DarginMahkum suggested. :)

Oct 15, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #2,200 of 5,994
My playlist has some of the bands you've listed along many others that include symphonic metal such as Nightwish, Kamelot, Iced Earth, etc.

It's as @DarginMahkum mentioned a few posts back, the Stealth has alot of energy in the upper mids and with some EQ I don't think this will be an issue. I'm just trying to acclimate to the headphones with no EQ at the moment just to pin-point their strengths and weaknesses.

Also, the Stealth handles EQ well when I tried some of the settings that @DarginMahkum suggested. :)

For metal only:
I am listening to Testament albums at the moment with these settings, for a fun W signature and it works quite good with those distorted eguitars. But this will break the natural sounds of vocals, pianos etc.:

1634299557710.png

1634300345068.png

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #2,201 of 5,994
For metal only:
I am listening to Testament albums at the moment with these settings, for a fun W signature and it works quite good with those distorted eguitars. But this will break the natural sounds of vocals, pianos etc.:

1634299557710.png
1634300345068.png
Thank you! I'll try it out! :)

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #2,202 of 5,994
Thank you! I'll try it out! :)
...you can try that with this (Qobuz) piece, especially the start and after 1:29. Hint: You can't break that bass no matter how high you push it via EQ!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #2,203 of 5,994
I am really glad people stopped talking about how to game Club DCA for the discount. That was really embarrassing to see.

Oct 15, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #2,204 of 5,994
In all honesty jotenheim 2 just barely reaches 3w/channel and at its price point, although i agree it does punch up, it’s no wells Milo/Headtrip, XI audio Formula S, or the big power tubes like ampsandsound/woo.

These get both the power and a quality detailed delivery to boot.

Oct 15, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #2,205 of 5,994
I am really glad people stopped talking about how to game Club DCA for the discount. That was really embarrassing to see.
Dan said he had fixed that loophole some time ago if I recall.

I feel lucky I'm already a member, although I had to resubmit all my paperwork due to it not being entered a year back due to an email issue at the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back