Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Sep 20, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #1,636 of 5,996
I recently got the Hifiman R10P, which I think is one of the best closed backs you can buy (and absolutely the best pair of Bluetooth headphones you can buy, when you use the BlueMini add on). You might want to take a look at those too. They are more expensive than the Stealth though.

I had the ZMF VCs in the past and didn’t like them, and I think the R10P is much better. Maybe Stellia might be another one to consider too

Sep 20, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #1,637 of 5,996
I get your point, but I think most of us are not looking for a collection, just the best possible all rounder. Tonality preferences are debatable and system dependent. I guess I'll just have to wait for more people to get their hands on them.
I don't think I'm in the minority here when I say a "collection" is what I currently have and enjoy. I don't know if I will ever find "one headphone to rule them all."

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #1,638 of 5,996
I recently got the Hifiman R10P, which I think is one of the best closed backs you can buy (and absolutely the best pair of Bluetooth headphones you can buy, when you use the BlueMini add on). You might want to take a look at those too. They are more expensive than the Stealth though.

I had the ZMF VCs in the past and didn’t like them, and I think the R10P is much better. Maybe Stellia might be another one to consider too
Save yourself the disappointment, skip the Stealth, go direct to STAX.

Skip the Z10, go direct to the DIY T2.

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #1,639 of 5,996
One more for the gallery - easily the most beautiful headphones I've owned!

stealth.jpg

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #1,640 of 5,996
Hey folks, if you're going to CanJam we'll have 6 headphones there...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 20, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #1,647 of 5,996
Any recommendations for amp/dac pairings for stealth? I'm trying to figure out my next step up from magnius/modius

Magnius/Modius are perfect for the Stealth. They are very transparent. At 750 mW/channel in balanced mode, they produce more than enough power to drive the headphone to extremely loud levels.

IMHO you won't gain anything from "upgrading."

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #1,648 of 5,996
Magnius/Modius are perfect for the Stealth. They are very transparent. At 750 mW/channel in balanced mode, they produce more than enough power to drive the headphone to extremely loud levels.

IMHO you won't gain anything from "upgrading."
Ok thanks.
Any other opinions?
I was considering moving to a bifrost2 dac at least. Or mabey looking at a burson conductor 3x reference.

Still unsure and will use the stealth on the schiit stack for a while to burn in and a/b with aeon2 opens. Then consider upgrading after I've listened for a while I guess

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #1,650 of 5,996

goes to show you how subjective this hobby is...I have heard several people I trust tell me to stay away from the r10p ...so it goes,interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back