Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Feb 17, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #1,321 of 1,910
Surely not as bad as the 19-21% VAT we have in Europe...
In Europe we pay 10-20% more than what the US pay for most things. It's the way it is. The solution : to make each purchase count ! No big deal. Europe is a great place to live in (and I include the UK in it, beat me).

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #1,322 of 1,910
Why are you always in a persistent state of negativity?
Because I don't like pump and dump - bad for hobbyists and bad for manufacturers; the only winners are the reviewers, YTbers, creators, shills, marketers, person doing the pumping and dumping. I have been here 20 years and I have seen everything.

anyway, it's off topic. Good luck with your sale; and hopefully you won't get low balled.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #1,324 of 1,910
Because I don't like pump and dump - bad for hobbyists and bad for manufacturers; the only winners are the reviewers, YTbers, creators, shills, marketers, person doing the pumping and dumping. I have been here 20 years and I have seen everything.

Yet absolutely nothing you say changes that. People have to develop their own self awareness and there is always new people coming into the hobby so it will continue. Your efforts are in vain.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #1,325 of 1,910
What’s the pump and dump? A person can’t sell gear when a situation changes? Or what’s the deal? Why not just focus on you. Let people buy and sell as they want.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #1,326 of 1,910
What’s the pump and dump? A person can’t sell gear when a situation changes? Or what’s the deal? Why not just focus on you. Let people buy and sell as they want.

This noble knight is protecting the peasants from hype and little do they know they have such an expert advocate in their corner. lol

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #1,327 of 1,910
I agree that our purchasing culture has promoted a system of returns with no financial repercussions. I often pick up Amazon orders at Whole Foods, and the lines of people returning items are pretty amazing. That has now filtered into the high-end tech and audiophile market too.

But, I've been guilty of it too. Buying high end gear and returning it within a week or before the return period is up with no penalties except maybe the cost of return shipping. However, I've been on a journey of evaluating as many high end brands as possible to find out what I exactly I enjoy. This does have the effect of me returning or selling pretty quickly because once I make a decision, right or wrong, I won't sit on it and debate.;

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #1,328 of 1,910
Because I don't like pump and dump - bad for hobbyists and bad for manufacturers; the only winners are the reviewers,
Aren't the Real winners those that get nearly new gear for cheap when others dump it?

I mean I fully agree with you on not liking people that hype things to heaven just to sell it few months after, but from personal history I profited greatly from that, since I could buy nearly new gear at ridiculously low prices

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #1,330 of 1,910
Aren't the Real winners those that get nearly new gear for cheap when others dump it?

I mean I fully agree with you on not liking people that hype things to heaven just to sell it few months after, but from personal history I profited greatly from that, since I could buy nearly new gear at ridiculously low prices
I have gotten items too that I would have NEVER paid full price for.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #1,331 of 1,910
Why are you always in a persistent state of negativity?

That's literally his normal behaviour in many other various threads. Dunno what had happened to him. Ignore button may come to rescue if you need it.

Anyway, to make it relate to the topic:
After have more time with E3, I think I still have same opinion about it like my very first impression. A more musical tuning than Stealth, a bit less spacious, but definitely more "natural sounding" headphone based on my preference. Heddphone Two with similar price range, become E3's hardest rival for now. Even though one is closed and the other on is open back.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #1,333 of 1,910

That‘s a good point.

Feb 17, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #1,334 of 1,910

Users who are viewing this thread

Back