Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Feb 14, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #1,261 of 1,907
I also initially experienced a pressure point at the very top of my head (my hair is very short), and overall, some discomfort here and there as I'm used to much lighter headphones. I could not wear them for more than an hour straight. A week later, I can't wait to put them on and listen to some music. They have adjusted to my head and vice versa, including the headband. I suggest first giving them some time before applying changes.

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #1,264 of 1,907
Hi,
I received recently my E3 used with my Shanling M9 Plus, and started straight away to listen to it with a Blue Dragon cable, my first impression was : "never heard such clarity and realism", then I found it to bright, I used the stock cable (vivo) it sounds warmer and less bright easier to listen to, but I still find it a bit too bright, I ordered from Forza their Noir HPC MK2 cable and hope to obtain the right balance, regarding the power, the M9 Plus is doing quiet a good job.

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #1,265 of 1,907
Hi,
I received recently my E3 used with my Shanling M9 Plus, and started straight away to listen to it with a Blue Dragon cable, my first impression was : "never heard such clarity and realism", then I found it to bright, I used the stock cable (vivo) it sounds warmer and less bright easier to listen to, but I still find it a bit too bright, I ordered from Forza their Noir HPC MK2 cable and hope to obtain the right balance, regarding the power, the M9 Plus is doing quiet a good job.
Don't worry about cables, they all sound the same (scientifically proven). Much better to spend your money on other components or better yet, music or a comfy chair to listen to it. 😉

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #1,267 of 1,907
Hi,
Cables do not sound the same. But don’t worry about cables until you have high end gear.

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #1,268 of 1,907
Cables do not sound the same. But don’t worry about cables until you have high end gear.
Please don't mislead people. It's pure placebo. Let's focus on the E3. 🙂

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #1,269 of 1,907
Don't worry about cables, they all sound the same (scientifically proven). Much better to spend your money on other components or better yet, music or a comfy chair to listen to it. 😉
Resistance, impedance, capacitance - if all equal per given length and the cable is not microphonic, and they reject EMI/RFI equally - I'd agree.

Any further comment belongs in Sound Science.

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #1,270 of 1,907
Please don't mislead people. It's pure placebo. Let's focus on the E3. 🙂
It’s absolutely not misleading. There are many factors in cable design that we have yet to be able to quantity the results using typical bench testing suite. However the easiest test you can do for yourself would be a pure copper cable vs pure silver cable. Silver has the highest conductivity of all metals and you can both measure the difference and hear it.

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #1,271 of 1,907
You do you. 🤷‍♂️

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #1,272 of 1,907
Much better to spend your money on other components or better yet, music or a comfy chair to listen to it. 😉
I can't Stress the importance of a comfy chair enough.

My Stressless Mayfair was the biggest upgrade to the experience im years.

I do believe in cables altering the sound and recommend Norne Audio to check out, but the chair should come first

Users who are viewing this thread

• Patu
Back