Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Apr 21, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #1,862 of 1,874
It's just so perfect size I want it to be the best sounding headphone that suitable to walk around with and not look silly
If you really dig the look, go ahead and take it. It is one of the most beautiful portable headphone out there. They sound ok, just don't expect amazing sound. Personally I don't think wear DCA aeon noire is silly.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:09 AM Post #1,863 of 1,874
Checking back in with the E3 as my only music-listening headphone. It's totally broken my yearning for new headphones. I just haven't really found that it's missing anything that I'd truly need from another headphone. Love this dang thing!

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #1,864 of 1,874
Checking back in with the E3 as my only music-listening headphone. It's totally broken my yearning for new headphones. I just haven't really found that it's missing anything that I'd truly need from another headphone. Love this dang thing!
Did you still have your AC when you got the E3 (sorry if you mentioned that before)?
Would be interested in how they compare. I found the ZMF fit to be utterly perfect (as it’s also easily adjustable), but I do love the sound of the E3…

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #1,866 of 1,874
Did you still have your AC when you got the E3 (sorry if you mentioned that before)?
Would be interested in how they compare. I found the ZMF fit to be utterly perfect (as it’s also easily adjustable), but I do love the sound of the E3…
I did have the AC, ya. Also a great headphone and has some awesome bass in it. Ended up preferring the more neutral tone of the E3 so I kept them instead

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #1,870 of 1,874
Not sure if it was an amp thing (I have a Pass Labs HPA-1). ZMF VCs just sounded fuller to me. Ended up selling the DCAs. Buyer's very happy though.
Same here, but for now I’m enjoying that difference between these two and have been rotating them and the Bokeh for the last week. Jury’s still out on the permanent collection piece which is also why I’m eyeing the AC 😉

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #1,871 of 1,874
AC & E3 are very good complimentary headphones if you're good to keep both. They're very different tunings - same with VC + E3. E3 is going to be more straight-up neutral, very revealing, etc. while the AC/VC have their own unique/fun tunings that mix it up quite a bit from the E3

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #1,873 of 1,874
Apr 26, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #1,874 of 1,874
Anyone tried V222 vs MJ3 on the E3? Using BF2/64 as the DAC. Looking for the least fatigue and spacious presentation. My concern is the V222 will be bright/forward like the G111 MK2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back