Dallas, TX - Sunday, September 29th, 2013 - "Big Tex Wears Headphones Too" meetup
Sep 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #166 of 227
Speaking of speaker taps, I need to invest in some good banana plugs. Have any recommendations/extras Morbid? I only need 8.

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #167 of 227
I use bare wire atm so no pluggy bits to speak of at my place.

Also...KUZMA HAS LANDED (at the shop). I'll be unboxing it for literally the first time the day of the meet. If anyone with TT setup tools and stuff could bring 'em and help me it'd be much appreciated.

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #169 of 227
You know, this sounds really exciting - I have ben following the thread and would love to demo (most) of the equipment everyone is bringing. It sounds like an excellent time and I would be extremely stoked except for one thing: NFL. That is my only sports vice - I don't watch NBA, NBL, NHL, anything NCAA - you get the gist. I just love the NFL and, unfortunately, the Cowboys are my favorite team. Now, the 'Pokes don't play until 3:30 and I can record the early game, if it is a good match-up. Now, fellow Head-Fi'ers - here is my dilemma: I have equipment I would like to share and some (lots, actually) I would like to hear. this is what I can bring to the meet:

Head gear I can bring:
Focal Spirit One
V Moda M-100
V-Moda M-80
Skullcrusher Aviator
InCase Sonic
Velodyne V-Pulse

Sources I can bring:
Asus Vivo Tab RT - I am totally surprised by this tablet's output (made better with the HRT, of course - but it is a fun way to have a mobile computer with 96GB for on the cheap and Media Monkey)
Sandisk Clip +
Nuforce Udac (I believe the Udac II w/out the preamp outputs)
HRT MicroSrtreamer

Plus, of course, some(non-audiofile approved) music. If anyone wants to take a listen to anything above, please, please let me know and I will be there for the early shift. Also, if anyone is brining a Q701 or X1, please let me know!\

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #171 of 227
The HE-60 has been sold and shipped, so not much for me to contribute.

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #173 of 227
Oh, and now that the kuzma is confirmed my list is as follows.

Kuzma Stabi/Stogi (w/ Dynavector 10X5)
Leben 300XS Amp
Sony 200 Series CDP (1980s)
Vincent PHO-8 Phono Stage

Box of records. Box of CDs.

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #174 of 227
What's the procedure for selling things at the meet? Anything that's frowned upon? I am going to have my T90 and my Magni for sale at the meet and I was planning on just putting sticky notes on their boxes with the price on them. Is that alright?

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #175 of 227

Never thought I'd see the day. What's next?

What's the procedure for selling things at the meet? Anything that's frowned upon? I am going to have my T90 and my Magni for sale at the meet and I was planning on just putting sticky notes on their boxes with the price on them. Is that alright?

That works fine!

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #176 of 227

But your seasoned advice for the savvy listener is the shiz! Always good to have your 2c in the opinion bucket. :)

Woooooooow.

Ditto. What's to replace 'em?!?

Fine by me. As long as it's headphone/audio/geek/tech related, go for it. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #177 of 227
  I got my Rega RP3 at Audio Concepts.  The setup that they had was the RP3 into the Brio with a pair of RS3's.  I could live very happily with that combo.  My dad has a pair of Heresy's that I grew up with.  I think that's why I'm leaning towards those.  I've got a line on a pair for $300.  I've also been considering just upgrading the phono stage for now and eventually upgrading my amp

I used to own a set of Rega r3's (bought used from the same place). I'm sure the RS3's would make most people happy.
Running through the DFW craigslist turns up a lot of great speakers. It's hard to pick just one set.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #178 of 227
the tinnitus now keeps me from even using a headset at work, so.... a nearfield 2.1 system through my computer and a Xonar card. Decidedly a step down. I'll give this a few months until I get sorted in Portland, and see what the new mancave layout looks like before getting serious. Oh, and I haven't yet figured out how to incorporate the Ayon, so it is listed as well.

Sadly, with the funding uncertainty of my employer, I have a bunch of stuff to do this weekend to be on call to go mobile Monday afternoon.

Not to worry - keeping busy on other fronts:

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #180 of 227
Yeah... it CAN be all yours...  
beerchug.gif

Not sure what is sadder - disassembling the system, or no longer being able to enjoy it as it sat idle. Oh, well, Gibsom & Martin are helping me recover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back