Dallas, TX - Sunday, September 29th, 2013 - "Big Tex Wears Headphones Too" meetup
Sep 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #196 of 227
  Can anyone bring an extra laptop? My laptop (little brothers) can't make it, but I do have all my music on an external drive, i just need some way to transfer the FLAC to the Modi.

I'll have one.

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #197 of 227
edit to delete

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #198 of 227
Okay guys. I have the Kuzma dialed in as close as I can get it. No distortion that I can hear from my crappy Uptowns.

I'd love for someone with more setup knowledge than I to fiddle with the protractors tomorrow and see how I did. I didn't even touch 'em as it seems okay to me. Need to borrow an HD800 asap tomorrow for fine tuning.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #199 of 227
Unfortunately I cannot come tomorrow. I would really want to go but it's a long drive from Houston and it's gonna rain there 
frown.gif

Hope you guys have fun in the meet! Looking forward to join when the venue is a lot more convenient.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #200 of 227
Unfortunately I cannot come tomorrow. I would really want to go but it's a long drive from Houston and it's gonna rain there :frowning2:  

Hope you guys have fun in the meet! Looking forward to join when the venue is a lot more convenient.

Sorry to hear it man. It would have been nice to meet a fellow OCN'er and Head-Fi'er.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #202 of 227
Looks like I'll get there around 11, dad still is saying 1.5 to 2 hours stay, but I'm going to say "If you're not enjoying yourself after 1.5 hours, we can go." because I don't think he really understands what goes on at meets. He thinks it's just a bunch of older men sitting in a room with headphones on just listening to their own equipment, occasionally saying hello.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #203 of 227
  Looks like I'll get there around 11, dad still is saying 1.5 to 2 hours stay, but I'm going to say "If you're not enjoying yourself after 1.5 hours, we can go." because I don't think he really understands what goes on at meets. He thinks it's just a bunch of older men sitting in a room with headphones on just listening to their own equipment, occasionally saying hello.

I'm not sure why this is the first image that popped into my head after reading this paragraph: 
http://www.nambla.org/

I need to lay off the South Park.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #204 of 227
I'm not even going to quote that it's so strange... all I could say is "what the....."

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #207 of 227
The NAMBLA episode is a classic.

I lol everytime at "I think these men mean to have sexual encounters with us."

To get back on topic, I don't think I'll make it. My fiery Latina friend who would have accompanied me to make the trip lighter, ended up having to go to the hospital yesterday. She's my friend and all, but the smell of puke is hard to get out of a car.

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #208 of 227

I lol everytime at "I think these men mean to have sexual encounters with us."

To get back on topic, I don't think I'll make it. My fiery Latina friend who would have accompanied me to make the trip lighter, ended up having to go to the hospital yesterday. She's my friend and all, but the smell of puke is hard to get out of a car.

Fashion some kind of strap where her body stays in the car, but her head sticks out the window to evacuate the vomit.

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #209 of 227
The NAMBLA episode is a classic.

I'll have to go back and watch that one.  It's been a long time.  10 points to whoever knows this reference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back