Dallas, TX - Sunday, September 29th, 2013 - "Big Tex Wears Headphones Too" meetup
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 227

Nick Dangerous

Mr. Tuberrific
Is it already time for Round 2 in 2013? It sure is, pardner!

Sunday, September 29th, 2013 - "Big Tex Wears Headphones Too" - 10am to 7pm

Location is Preston Tower Condominiums at 6211 W Northwest Highway. It's the 29-story curved high-rise building w/bird sculpture fountain in front:

No need to sign in at the front desk. C'mon in the front door, turn right at the desk, and left at the hallway. Can't miss it. 

Mark your calendars and spread the word! 

Reply if you are thinking of coming & if you will be bringing any gear.

I will have the Decware CSP+ w/Resonesssence Concero and HD800 present... as well as some brand new gear from Resonessence!

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 227
Hoorah! Bit too early to confirm as I have a TBD somewhere-in-Asia business trip in September, but hopefully will be able to make this one! Lugging the Fostex TH-900/HP-A8C combo to Nick's last time was a bit of a chore, so I'll opt to bring a more portable setup this time. If I make it, I'll have with me: AK100 + Whatever TOTL IEM I end up keeping until end of Sep. (Fitear 334, Parterre, Ocharaku Kaede) + Sennheiser 598

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 227
I'll be there of course. We'll see if the GS-X is ready this time.

Also, those interested in Austin early next year, check out http://www.head-fi.org/t/678382/austin-spring-2014.

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 227
Quote:
Anybody bringing the Concero HD?

*cough cough* erm, ah, I'm planning to bring lots of Resonessence gear, yep... some very new hinted-at stuff too... *ahem* *can't talk* *cough*

Aug 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #7 of 227
Callendar has been marked :D
Bigjohn1 will probably also be coming with me. Ill be able to drive myself to this one :D

Ill be bringing a laptop feeding FLAC to my E7, or if Bigjohn1 comes, it'll feed his modi which will in turn feed either his Magni or my Kenwood KR-V7750. I might bring my turntable as well, if Goldtuba either cant make it or cant bring his new Rega. Headphones will of course be my Grado RS-1/80i, and if John comes, his HD518. If the turntable comes with me ill bring a fairly large chunk of vinyl too.

I'm thinking about bribing my Sony bookshelf speakers, any word on whether that's an OK thing to do?

Aug 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #8 of 227
Also, if anybody wants to plug anything into my reciever, I'm okay with that so long as you bring your own RCA cables.

Sorry for double post, as always, mobile is acting up.

Aug 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #9 of 227
Quote:
Callendar has been marked
biggrin.gif

Bigjohn1 will probably also be coming with me. Ill be able to drive myself to this one
biggrin.gif

Ill be bringing a laptop feeding FLAC to my E7, or if Bigjohn1 comes, it'll feed his modi which will in turn feed either his Magni or my Kenwood KR-V7750. I might bring my turntable as well, if Goldtuba either cant make it or cant bring his new Rega. Headphones will of course be my Grado RS-1/80i, and if John comes, his HD518. If the turntable comes with me ill bring a fairly large chunk of vinyl too.

I'm thinking about bribing my Sony bookshelf speakers, any word on whether that's an OK thing to do?

Hey there! Glad you can make it. 

I don't advise bringing speakers as this is a community room with residential units above and across the hall. But vinyl? Bring it!

Aug 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 227
Callendar has been marked :D

Bigjohn1 will probably also be coming with me. Ill be able to drive myself to this one :D

Hey there! Glad you can make it. 

I don't advise bringing speakers as this is a community room with residential units above and across the hall. But vinyl? Bring it!
Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to bring at least 20 good LPs.

Aug 26, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #11 of 227
I'll try to make it.  If I do come, I will bring my RP3 and some of my better vinyl.  Most of my best stuff is classical, but I do have some good jazz and classic rock.  I may have family obligations, but the date for that hasn't been decided yet

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #14 of 227
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to bring at least 20 good LPs.

Uh oh!   You're bringing "20 good LPs?"  

Let me guess...

-------

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

A Saucerful of Secrets

More

Ummagumma

Atom Heart Mother

Meddle

Obscured by Clouds

The Dark Side of the Moon

Wish You Were Here

Animals

The Wall

The Final Cut

A Momentary Lapse of Reason

The Division Bell

Delicate Sound of Thunder

Pulse

Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81

The Best of the Pink Floyd

Relics

A Nice Pair

-------

I bet I got at least two of them, right?   
biggrin.gif

Mike

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #15 of 227
Quote:

Uh oh!   You're bringing "20 good LPs?"  

Let me guess...

-------

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

A Saucerful of Secrets

More

Ummagumma

Atom Heart Mother

Meddle

Obscured by Clouds

The Dark Side of the Moon

Wish You Were Here

Animals

The Wall

The Final Cut

A Momentary Lapse of Reason

The Division Bell

Delicate Sound of Thunder

Pulse

Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81

The Best of the Pink Floyd

Relics

A Nice Pair

-------

I bet I got at least two of them, right?   
biggrin.gif

Mike

i was planning on bringing two of those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back