Dali Headphones
Jun 11, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #796 of 1,056
I got the Master & dynamic MW65 today and for this price I am disappointed. The sound clarity is much better on the Dali I06, the midrange sounds better to me also on the IO6, it is more in the front than on the MW65. The bass sounds better on MW65, but this is not a colossal difference. However, what disappoints the most is the MW65 volume, this one is very low, in addition they have a huge sound leakage. The build quality is not bad, but despite the fact that they are made of leather, the skin used in Sennheiser Momentum 3 is several levels better.

So far I'm extremely disappointed, because in the end MW65 cost ~ 480 € in Europe

Hi,

I've recently purchased a pair of Master & Dynamic MW65 ( after 8 months of deliberating ), and although the sound quality is very good, I've heard from multiple sources, including your post, that the Dali IO6 is virtually better in every category. Do the Dalis have a similar sound signature than the M&D's? I'm close to selling the MW65, & purchasing the IO6.

Chris

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #797 of 1,056
I have io-6. In bluetooth mode, at low volume or in the absence of a signal from the source, there is small noise in the left channel of the headphones. Sometimes a slight crackle. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? I changed the headphones at the distributor, but the new headphones have the same problem.

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #798 of 1,056
Some of them have this defect and its always the left channel. Go change again and try them there until you find the ones that are not defect. When i was buying mine 2 of them had the hiss and 2 didnt. Its a known problem with these headphones. The hiss never appears after some use. Its a factory defect i think.

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #799 of 1,056
I have io-6. In bluetooth mode, at low volume or in the absence of a signal from the source, there is small noise in the left channel of the headphones. Sometimes a slight crackle. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? I changed the headphones at the distributor, but the new headphones have the same problem.
this is factory defect from a specific batch (mostly black ones) and dali did a callback on those. seems like ur distributor sucks xd
just send them back until they send u a good one

Jun 13, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #800 of 1,056
Hi,

I've recently purchased a pair of Master & Dynamic MW65 ( after 8 months of deliberating ), and although the sound quality is very good, I've heard from multiple sources, including your post, that the Dali IO6 is virtually better in every category. Do the Dalis have a similar sound signature than the M&D's? I'm close to selling the MW65, & purchasing the IO6.

Chris

I owning before m&d mw65 and dali io-6. I returning both headphones for different reasons but the sound of both isn't sufficient good for me. My suggestion is you look to the new shure aonic 50 (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shure-aonic-50.931134/), it's having reference sound and other aspects that in my opinion is better than mw65 and io-6. The shure aonic 50 is the best (anc) wireless headphone in my experience and I owning many (anc) wireless headphones and earphones in the past.

Jun 18, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #803 of 1,056
Mine has started doing the same as fishinn. It's not just that problem. Mine can be off for the last 3 days and will take 7 attempts to turn back on. They just shouldn't have made this junk in China.
Mine's developed an issue too where I have to toggle the switch (slowly, as per @Currawong's comment of soft vs hard switches). It didn't have that problem before....I wonder what's caused it? Initially I thought of corrosion however flicking it off/on a couple of times should "clean" it, but hasn't.

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #804 of 1,056
20200629_185420.jpg

😭

Jul 5, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #810 of 1,056
That might be due to the on/off switch being a soft-switch.

Excellent IO-4 sounding. But I need to turn phones on and off and on again few times to turn them on. Pity..
Same problem with my Dali io-4... Then i've tried to turn on and wait 2-3 seconds and then push the button further to the 2nd position and until now it's connecting again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back