Dali Headphones
Jan 13, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #661 of 1,056
Hi, could you tell me how was the BeyerDynamic compared to the io-6 please ? Thank you
I couldn't compare them directly, when the io6 arrived i had already sent back the lagoon. I would say, from memory, that i missed with them a fuller sound and a bigger soundstage... music with them was well reproduced, but dry, without soul, like if the different frequencies weren't integrated as a totality. The Dali's exhibit the same precise, not exaggerated reproduction of frequencies but with fuller sound in a bigger, better integrated and coherent soundstage.

Curiously i found them Lagoon's similarly tuned to my beloved B&w p7W, but with less bass and musicality. It's difficult to explain for me, everything was correct but something was missing. I wanted to love them but i couldn't (build construction was the other factor). Mw65 arrived and i clearly preferred them (similar but more impactful, smooth, detailed, integrated and musical sound). Then the Dali's arrived and i preferred them to the mw65... With the Dali io6 i always want to put another song and another, they put my attention on music. With the more clinical tuning of the Lagoons my attention was directed towards the sound. That's the final conclusion i can achieve about my personal experience, hope it helps.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #662 of 1,056
I couldn't compare them directly, when the io6 arrived i had already sent back the lagoon. I would say, from memory, that i missed with them a fuller sound and a bigger soundstage... music with them was well reproduced, but dry, without soul, like if the different frequencies weren't integrated as a totality. The Dali's exhibit the same precise, not exaggerated reproduction of frequencies but with fuller sound in a bigger, better integrated and coherent soundstage.

Curiously i found them Lagoon's similarly tuned to my beloved B&w p7W, but with less bass and musicality. It's difficult to explain for me, everything was correct but something was missing. I wanted to love them but i couldn't (build construction was the other factor). Mw65 arrived and i clearly preferred them (similar but more impactful, smooth, detailed, integrated and musical sound). Then the Dali's arrived and i preferred them to the mw65... With the Dali io6 i always want to put another song and another, they put my attention on music. With the more clinical tuning of the Lagoons my attention was directed towards the sound. That's the final conclusion i can achieve about my personal experience, hope it helps.
I read it wrong, I thought that was the Amiron Wireless from Beyerdynamic, but thank you very much for the information about the Lagoon.
Like you I already tested many headphones like mw65, momentum 3, px7 and io-6. I kept the io-6 and I will receive my Amiron tomorrow and make my final choice.

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #663 of 1,056
My on-off button got a bit crazy over the last 2 weeks, so I have returned them for a new pair. Suddenly it wouldn't turn on on the first try any more, and today it needed between 3-5 tries to turn on. So now I have to play in these new IO-6...
Anyone else had any similar problems?

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #664 of 1,056
My on-off button got a bit crazy over the last 2 weeks, so I have returned them for a new pair. Suddenly it wouldn't turn on on the first try any more, and today it needed between 3-5 tries to turn on. So now I have to play in these new IO-6...
I have the exact same problem with the on off button not working sometimes.

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #666 of 1,056
I’ve had a pair of iO-6 since late Oct. I’ve not had any problems with the on/off button not working. Are you flicking them on/off quickly? How often do you use the iO-6? Admittedly I use mine maybe only 3-4 times a week.

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #667 of 1,056
I’ve had a pair of iO-6 since late Oct. I’ve not had any problems with the on/off button not working. Are you flicking them on/off quickly? How often do you use the iO-6? Admittedly I use mine maybe only 3-4 times a week.
I got mine late October as well, and I use them for about 1-2 hours every day in 2-3 sessions. I don't believe that I am flicking the button quickly :)

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #668 of 1,056
I got mine late October as well, and I use them for about 1-2 hours every day in 2-3 sessions. I don't believe that I am flicking the button quickly :)
Not to worry, not implying abuse. It’s just a query as a unscientific approach to assess durability too.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #669 of 1,056

I have had something similar happening to me once (no steps to reproduce) and bought my pair last week. I was unable to open it after flicking the button multiple times and no led would turn on. I think it 'fixed' itself after I switched it off and left it for a while before trying again. Not happened since though. I noticed that these pair of headphones are not without defects:

I had situations where the connection from my phone was jumpy (read: music plays for a few seconds, then stops for a few seconds after it resumes again - music is not paused) and would only play normally if I disconnect the headphones, turn them off then turn them on and reconnect. This happens from time to time. Might be my phone not liking bluetooth 5 APIs, lol.
I continue to have a situation where I can hear a hissing sound whenever you switch from different players available (happened less on the device, but more frequent on laptop) via the 'Play/Pause' button on the headphones.
I continue to have an issue where 'play/pause' has no effect on youtube running in a chrome browser on laptop (not a big deal but I wouldn't have expected this to happen in 2020).

I think my biggest problem is the hissing sound and the connection being jumpy. The hissing sound can be reproduced only in certain situations, so I can live with it, but the connection being interrupted every second is annoying when it happens.

Even so, I am still loving my pair.

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #670 of 1,056
Some interesting news from Dali for those of you with iO-4s. If you've purchased the Dali iO-4 and aren't thrilled about the cloth case, Dali is now selling the travel case that comes with the iO-6 on its own on the Dali website. At the moment it appears to only be available in Europe (I'm in the U.S.), but hopefully that will change.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #673 of 1,056
Some interesting news from Dali for those of you with iO-4s. If you've purchased the Dali iO-4 and aren't thrilled about the cloth case, Dali is now selling the travel case that comes with the iO-6 on its own on the Dali website. At the moment it appears to only be available in Europe (I'm in the U.S.), but hopefully that will change.

Not to sound ungrateful about the travel case (I will eventually buy one when going abroad with the io-4s but £50 for the thing? That's 5/8ths of the difference between the io-4s and io6s. Are we to believe a travel case costs more than ANC? Lol

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #674 of 1,056
Not to sound ungrateful about the travel case (I will eventually buy one when going abroad with the io-4s but £50 for the thing? That's 5/8ths of the difference between the io-4s and io6s. Are we to believe a travel case costs more than ANC? Lol
The other 3/8ths being the ANC technology then? Well you know what they say, technology is cheap :).

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #675 of 1,056
Hi!

A week ago have got IO-4. I have limited experience in using headphones worth to be mentioned. Last two years I have used Focal Listen Wireless. As well as IO-4, Listen has got more or less neutral signature, without that awful V-like SPL. The reason I have decided to go further was rather noticeable feeling of pressure of Listen headphones: I just avoided to listen to music last months! Here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/over-ear-bt-phones-with-not-colored-sound.922298/ I have got recommendation to look at IO-4 (as well other models). After long digging in, IO-4 were ordered. The thing is, there isn't audio salon near me to compare many phones by ears.

Now I'm happy :) In comparison with Listen, IO-4:

- are much more comfortable
- has more clarity (live music is more live)
- has very handy controls (Listen has got almost unusable ones)
- well, battery! Just unbelievable!

I'd want to say big thanks to @Chris Kaoss for his recommendation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back