Dali Headphones
Nov 18, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #451 of 1,056
So I have been flip-flopping between the PX7s and the IO6s for the last couple of days. The interesting thing is that these sound to me completely different. The Dali's are amazing in the fact that you hear every little sound in the song crystal clear. On the other hand to me they also sound a little reserved as in I like a little more punch, especially in the bass. Now the PX7s provide the punch I am looking for, but are not as clear as the IO6s. Now the one big difference for me is the fit. The Dali's are a little too big for my head and they tend to slip off. The PX7s fit perfect.

I know what you mean I kept the Dali as I prefer the sound to compared to px7 & returned the px7 but Have you tried momentum 3 they have amazing sound excellent detail like Dali but with serious punch but do have a completely different signature.

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #452 of 1,056
I had the PX7’s alongside the IO-6’s for a while and decided to go for the Dali’s. To me, the sound of the Dali’s are far superior compared to the PX7’s. I did, however, like the fit of the PX7’s slightly better than the Dali’s, they sat more securely on my head. Has anyone else noticed the kind of thin plastic pieces within the headband of the IO-6 occasionally causing some pressure at the top of the head?

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #453 of 1,056
That's what i wanted to hear, but not my wallet. Momentums bass is also very false to me. But how would you compare it with the px7's bass? Is there a big difference in quantity (i suppose quality will favor dali's) and punch? I hear very diverse musics through the day, from Mingus to Shackleton, from Can to Satie, King Tubby, Autechre or Cesária Évora. I'm now using the mw65 and and find them "dry" sometimes, missing some bass response on some songs and a bigger soundstage (or maybe not bigger, but i miss more air, a little reverberation that shines on my Sines or my hd600), although i find them really satisfying with some others.

So i'm just looking for a good all terrain headphone capable of singing great any genre with a controlled emphasis on bass. My fear, attending to some reviews, is to find the Dali's bass lacking despite to their fidelity to the original source. I didn't know it because i hate artificial inflated bass (like the one mentioned form the momentums), but i'm discovering that maybe i'm a shy basshead. Maybe i prefer lies that sound like truth than the "real" truth...
I listened to the Dalis the other day and I must say, although the sound was crystal clear and very detailed, I found myself disappointed with the bass on some songs. For example I listened to "Vitamin C" and "Moonshake" by Can and I didn't find the songs as exciting rhythmically as I would've hoped. Some other examples of this were when listening to "The Number Song" by DJ Shadow or "Accordion" by Madvillain. It's a shame, cause I also like to listen to a wide variety of genres and some less punchy songs like "Alone Again Or" by Love and "Tell Me Why" by Neil Young did sound truly great. I found out though, that I had to push the volume almost to the max on my iPhone SE, so that I could truly immerse myself in the music. Just wanted to let you know my experience with about 45 mins of testing them. Hope this helps.

Nov 18, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #454 of 1,056
I had the PX7’s alongside the IO-6’s for a while and decided to go for the Dali’s. To me, the sound of the Dali’s are far superior compared to the PX7’s. I did, however, like the fit of the PX7’s slightly better than the Dali’s, they sat more securely on my head. Has anyone else noticed the kind of thin plastic pieces within the headband of the IO-6 occasionally causing some pressure at the top of the head?

Yup, those pieces proven to be causing quite a bit of discomfort to my head, so I am forced to sell mine even though I love the sound.

Nov 18, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #455 of 1,056
I've had my IO-4's for about a week now and just loving how they sound. For any glasses wearers out there wondering about comfort, I've found that the DALI's have been pretty comfortable. The arms of my glasses are around 3mm thick and the foam they use in the earcups conform over them pretty well. I've been able to listen to music for 4+ hours still feeling fine.

On another note, have any of you experienced any creaking/clicking sounds coming from the headband? I'm experiencing like of like an adhesive sticking noise everytime I don them on and off. With further inspection, I can see a bit of separation from the headband happening where the plastic and foam headband inserts connect.

Nov 18, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #456 of 1,056
I sent my IO6 back for that reason. Any time I slightly flexed them open to put on my head the foam padded headband insert would pop out on one side. Looks like the plastic tabs holding it in place are not long enough?

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #459 of 1,056
So I am not an audiophile, so I have a dumb question. Do you think Deezer Hifi FLAC would sound any better over Bluetooth then say Spotify high quality? I have a OnePlus 7t which supports Atpx HD. I know it's not going to handle the full nitrate, but supposedly Atpx HD can go higher than the 320 for Spotify.

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #460 of 1,056
I've had my IO-4's for about a week now and just loving how they sound. For any glasses wearers out there wondering about comfort, I've found that the DALI's have been pretty comfortable. The arms of my glasses are around 3mm thick and the foam they use in the earcups conform over them pretty well. I've been able to listen to music for 4+ hours still feeling fine.

On another note, have any of you experienced any creaking/clicking sounds coming from the headband? I'm experiencing like of like an adhesive sticking noise everytime I don them on and off. With further inspection, I can see a bit of separation from the headband happening where the plastic and foam headband inserts connect.

That must be a production error. Mine are fine. Just have them exchanged under warranty ...

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #461 of 1,056
So I am not an audiophile, so I have a dumb question. Do you think Deezer Hifi FLAC would sound any better over Bluetooth then say Spotify high quality? I have a OnePlus 7t which supports Atpx HD. I know it's not going to handle the full nitrate, but supposedly Atpx HD can go higher than the 320 for Spotify.

I cannot judge the quality of your hearing but I do hear the difference between 16/44 FLAC and 320kbps Spotify over APTX-HD. But that's based on Tidal Hifi and Qobuz Hifi:)

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #463 of 1,056
Would it be OK to talk again a bit more again about the DALI's? OK, for sure measurements and burn in must be an interesting topic, but let's just stick with this lovely product that DALI has created and talk about how much we love it or positively criticize what we like to see improved. :wink:

Fully agree :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #464 of 1,056
PB190006.jpg

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #465 of 1,056
They will. As you will avoid "double" compression. Spotify source is compressed already, streamed over Bluetooth, you're compressing already compressed music, introducing more artefacts. For this reason I'm going to use Tidal.
Whether you perceive the difference is another story, though that's more likely than hearing difference between wired Spotify vs Tidal. I'm not sure I do myself, I just prefer to use Tidal so I know if there's something that doesn't sound right to me (wired), it's in the source and not caused my compression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back