Dali Headphones
Oct 29, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #106 of 1,056
Angelom I look forward to you testing the Dalis as you clearly have similar tastes to mine. I have tried more than half a dozen so called top wireless headphones and I still cannot better my p7w, a 4 year old non anc headphone but I really am intrigued by what people on here are saying about the Io6 and I was going to order some tonight and decide between them and my new m3’s as to which one I keep but if your receiving yours in the next couple of days I’ll hold off because if you say that the Dalis are really good then surely I will think the same with us both being massive p7w fans and both happy but not ecstatic with the m3’s. I really do need competition to the p7w because as you know that as good as they sound they are not the most comfortable to wear. I look forward to your opinions of the Dalis

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #107 of 1,056
Angelom I look forward to you testing the Dalis as you clearly have similar tastes to mine. I have tried more than half a dozen so called top wireless headphones and I still cannot better my p7w, a 4 year old non anc headphone but I really am intrigued by what people on here are saying about the Io6 and I was going to order some tonight and decide between them and my new m3’s as to which one I keep but if your receiving yours in the next couple of days I’ll hold off because if you say that the Dalis are really good then surely I will think the same with us both being massive p7w fans and both happy but not ecstatic with the m3’s. I really do need competition to the p7w because as you know that as good as they sound they are not the most comfortable to wear. I look forward to your opinions of the Dalis

Little correction: the p7 wireless is 3 years in the market not 4. Is curious too you mention not good comfort of the p7 wireless. I remember when I buying it in january 2017 first I thinking the comfort isn't very good but I think maybe 2 weeks or 3 later is really very good. For long time until today p7 wireless is very very comfortable (break in is quickly in this headphone for the comfort I think) and I can wearing for 2 or 3 or 6 or more hours and I never having uncomfortable feeling and the leather ear cups are fantastic, never my ears heating or sweating.

Is difficult knowing the sound because the people if they liking one headphone they saying is the best and the others sounding very bad. Saying neutral is too not exact because in expert headphone target curves is long time years discussion of what is accurate. This is reason I mentioning diffuse field and Harman target curves for sound. Some people thinking diffuse field is better accurate and some (more recent) saying Harman is better more realistic. I think Harman target is more similar with speaker sound. p7 wireless and m3 wireless are similar in Harman target. I am not sure fo Dali impressions because opinions saying is neutral and other headphones boosted bass, etc. I want to seeing if Dali is maybe not very bass light like h9i, h9 3g and mw65. Is true too that good mids and specially good treble isn't easy to make real in headphones. The peaks and the dips is very normal in the wrong parts of the frequency curve in a lot of headphones and iems for long time, and today too.

I listening to many different music of different genres and with a lot albums with very good master recording and bad loudness wars recording too because also is good music sometimes in this bad master albums too.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #108 of 1,056
Little correction: the p7 wireless is 3 years in the market not 4. Is curious too you mention not good comfort of the p7 wireless. I remember when I buying it in january 2017 first I thinking the comfort isn't very good but I think maybe 2 weeks or 3 later is really very good. For long time until today p7 wireless is very very comfortable (break in is quickly in this headphone for the comfort I think) and I can wearing for 2 or 3 or 6 or more hours and I never having uncomfortable feeling and the leather ear cups are fantastic, never my ears heating or sweating.

Is difficult knowing the sound because the people if they liking one headphone they saying is the best and the others sounding very bad. Saying neutral is too not exact because in expert headphone target curves is long time years discussion of what is accurate. This is reason I mentioning diffuse field and Harman target curves for sound. Some people thinking diffuse field is better accurate and some (more recent) saying Harman is better more realistic. I think Harman target is more similar with speaker sound. p7 wireless and m3 wireless are similar in Harman target. I am not sure fo Dali impressions because opinions saying is neutral and other headphones boosted bass, etc. I want to seeing if Dali is maybe not very bass light like h9i, h9 3g and mw65. Is true too that good mids and specially good treble isn't easy to make real in headphones. The peaks and the dips is very normal in the wrong parts of the frequency curve in a lot of headphones and iems for long time, and today too.

I listening to many different music of different genres and with a lot albums with very good master recording and bad loudness wars recording too because also is good music sometimes in this bad master albums too.
P7 wireless are not uncomfortable but I’m on my 2nd pair and wear them for the best part of 8 hours a day at work and they do lose a bit of comfort throughout the day and the ear pads do seem to get firmer with time and for me at least could be a little larger and the rectangular shape doesn’t help in this regard. You are correct about them being 3 years old

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #109 of 1,056
Any idea which USA dealers will be carrying these? I spoke to a few well known ones (Music Direct, Turntable Lab) and both, regardless of the fact they are Dali dealers, will not be carrying the headphones line.

Oct 29, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #110 of 1,056
After trying out the B&O H9 3rd gen I am even more interested in the Dali IO-6. Similar design, but the Dali headband is hopefully a lot more comfortable. The H9 3rd gen headband gives me headaches. I found the circular pads much better than the XM3, QC35ii, and NCH700 with my glasses. Assuming the IO-6 sounds decent it could easily become my favorite if the headband is on the level of the QC35ii, 700, or XM3. Anyone have any idea how the size of the pads compare to the H9 3rd gen?

Oct 29, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #111 of 1,056
Oct 30, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #113 of 1,056
Brintkiks
These seem to be difficult to find in the USA. I contacted two online retailers who are Dali dealers and both said they had no plans to carry them.

I telephoned Lenbrook Canada who gave me the telephone number of the Northeast rep for NY and Boston area. I left him a voicemail last week. No reply received.

These are getting good reviews and US based customers On this forum are anxious to try them however finding dealers who plan on carrying them is difficult. Lenbrook USA needs to do a better job getting information out. There is a lot of competition in the market and lack and difficulty of finding information does no bode well for having a successful launch.

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #114 of 1,056
Oct 30, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #115 of 1,056
Both of those dealers are in Canada.
They will not ship into the US.

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #116 of 1,056
Both of those dealers are in Canada.
They will not ship into the US.

Ah, I thought first one was us, thought price seemed a little high. Why won't they post to USA? Your next door.

I suppose it's depends how much you want them. I shop in USA a lot being from UK has its often half the price. I usually find someone who is willing send stuff with 'refurb' so posting is cheaper. Plenty of places in UK and EU that have them stocked now. Germany is usually a good choice for this too I found. With the £ been dragged to the gutter, I don't think you'd be paying too much difference tbh. Well, all fiat currencies are being dragged to the gutter but that's another subject. I look at £, $, € as 1:1:1 these days tbh. 349£ Inc tax will work out about 400$ + whatever your posting is. I believe USA don't Inc tax in any of your pricing and they say $599 without tax. I bet it would be cheaper UK to USA now lol. Long gone are the 1:2 £:$ days

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #117 of 1,056
received Dali IO6 this morning and after 2 hours I can safely say that I like the sound signature much more than in the PX7. The headphones are very comfortable, more comfortable than PX7 and Momentum 3. They have much smaller clamping force. So when it comes to comfort
1. IO6
2. M3
3. PX7

However, let's get back to the sound, because here I personally think it is a level higher than the Px7, although the Px7 sound good, but this is not my "taste". IO6 is definitely closer to M3, but with much less bass.
For a deeper experience far too early, but I am very pleasantly surprised and IO6 will probably stay with me.

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #118 of 1,056
received Dali IO6 this morning and after 2 hours I can safely say that I like the sound signature much more than in the PX7. The headphones are very comfortable, more comfortable than PX7 and Momentum 3. They have much smaller clamping force. So when it comes to comfort
1. IO6
2. M3
3. PX7

However, let's get back to the sound, because here I personally think it is a level higher than the Px7, although the Px7 sound good, but this is not my "taste". IO6 is definitely closer to M3, but with much less bass.
For a deeper experience far too early, but I am very pleasantly surprised and IO6 will probably stay with me.
I look forward to your full review, I certainly except that the m3 will have too much bass for some indeed it has a little too much for me but is an exciting listen. My hopes for the Dali is that it is cleaner but still a dynamic sound and hopefully not a dull sound like m+d m60 and the b+o’s. Of course it’s all a matter of opinions which is why we are all on this forum

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #120 of 1,056
Some say, that these are bass light. I wonder how drum'n'bass sounds..

Ah, you just reminded me that a friend that produces jungle (junglecat) sent me a load of mastered wavs of his stuff that I've not listened to. I'll have a good listen through them and get back to you on that.

Off hand, like someone said earlier, when the bass is supposed to be there they don't let you down while still keeping it natural but I'll have a good listen and get back to you. If you like over emphasised bass though, I don't think dali (bar the Oberon speakers with their new bass drivers) will be for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back