Dali Headphones
Oct 29, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #93 of 1,056
Nice of you to kick around the thread Brintkiks.

I am currently in two minds between the Sennheiser Momentum 3 and Dali IO-6 as a set of wireless headphones.

One of my uses for the headphones would be watching TV and an odd game or two; I understand that the Dali IO-6 has aptX & aptX HD but cannot see that they have aptX low latency as the Momentum 3's are listed as having.

Is the spec's sheet accurate in the aptX LL not being available?
Yes, that is correct. They don't feature aptX LL.

Oct 29, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #94 of 1,056
Tried my new m3’s yesterday and to my surprise I have to say I quite enjoyed their sound. Yes the bass was a bit much at times but they were still pretty clear and there can be no denying that they are an exciting listen. I am now wandering if someone like me who enjoys the sound of the m3’s can also get as much satisfaction from the sound of the Dalis. I’m not saying that the m3’s are the best headphones I’ve ever had because they are not as good sounding as my old B+W p7 wireless but on similar lines sound wise to them if not quite as clear. They are certainly better and I mean much better than the px7 that were terribly underwhelming for me. Volume wise these are good with my iPhone so if jager46 is still on the thread could you please tell me how the 2 sets compare in volume. Thanks

Oct 29, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #95 of 1,056
I just compared the ANC on my IO 6 to a co-workers Sony WH-1000XM3 and to my surprise there wasn't that much difference. From all of the ANC headphones I tried the Sony's always had the best (and most comfortable) ANC, but the IO 6 isn't far behind. Still very happy with my IO 6's. Soundwise they are miles better in my opinion, and very, very comfortable to wear.

If Dali is reading this (Brintkiks) - in your next iteration, make the carry case bigger so that you don't need to slide in the ear cups while putting it in the case - and a real hard case would suit these $400 headphone better ...

So to summarize, best thing I've bought in many years

What would make them even better
- aptX LL
- multi point blue tooth
- better case

Oct 29, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #96 of 1,056
Just read what I think is a fair review of the Dali’s, they tested the IO-4 but SQ is the same on both.
https://www.stereonet.co.uk/reviews/review-dali-io-4-headphones-first-time-lucky

Not actually tested. As was mentioned earlier, the io6's ANC is also an Amp which is not present in the io4s. Brintkiks said they have tuned them to be the same but this as not been tested outside of dali.

I'm finding the volume not as high as I would like on the io6's for example and am using Equalizer FX Pro to boost the volume combined with USB media player on my phone, highly recommended BTW, to get it to where I prefer it without clipping or distortion/muffling.

The io4s may just be quiet without the ANC/Amp of the io6's or may just be louder because they don't have the ANC in the first place and don't need the amp.

It could just be my phone as someone with a S10 has said its too loud or that may be our different preferences.

My point is, the io4s can not be directly compared to io6's as been 'the same'. I don't think anyone here has io4s here?

I'm not saying anything bad about these BTW, I absolutely love my io6's and can't praise them enough, just that they are different enough that they need to be compared against each other and you can't just think that the io4s are just io6's without ANC and 2x battery no matter how much dali have tried to tune them to be the same.

Without testing, we don't know.

Oct 29, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #97 of 1,056
I just compared the ANC on my IO 6 to a co-workers Sony WH-1000XM3 and to my surprise there wasn't that much difference. From all of the ANC headphones I tried the Sony's always had the best (and most comfortable) ANC, but the IO 6 isn't far behind

They use sonys ANC so they should be pretty much the same

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #98 of 1,056

Mine must be a faulty pair because they are not as good at noise canceling as the PX7,s I have or the Momentum’s that I had before. If it’s like the camera industry, Sony will only allow the competitors to get the inferior chip or the one that they use on their lower products.

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #99 of 1,056
Not actually tested. As was mentioned earlier, the io6's ANC is also an Amp which is not present in the io4s. Brintkiks said they have tuned them to be the same but this as not been tested outside of dali.

I'm finding the volume not as high as I would like on the io6's for example and am using Equalizer FX Pro to boost the volume combined with USB media player on my phone, highly recommended BTW, to get it to where I prefer it without clipping or distortion/muffling.

The io4s may just be quiet without the ANC/Amp of the io6's or may just be louder because they don't have the ANC in the first place and don't need the amp.

It could just be my phone as someone with a S10 has said its too loud or that may be our different preferences.

My point is, the io4s can not be directly compared to io6's as been 'the same'. I don't think anyone here has io4s here?

I'm not saying anything bad about these BTW, I absolutely love my io6's and can't praise them enough, just that they are different enough that they need to be compared against each other and you can't just think that the io4s are just io6's without ANC and 2x battery no matter how much dali have tried to tune them to be the same.

Without testing, we don't know.

Yeah must be the phone, my pair go loud on the S10 plus, I tried Equalizer FX Pro as you suggested but my phone must be stoping it working properly because it completely destroys the sound, and actually lowers it, If I toggle the button at the top right, off sounds louder and better.

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #100 of 1,056

Personally I don't think they are the same, even though they share the same components. The Sony appears to be a more effective on higher frequencies and overall a bit as well - but as I said, was pleasantly surprised that the IO 6 wasn't far behind.
I think the Bose QC 35 II are still the best - especially for office chatter and such, but I can't stand the 'cabin pressure' feeling (not even mentioning the sound compared to the IO 6)

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #102 of 1,056
Is anyone using this with an LG Quad DAC phone in wired mode? When I use the Sony with my G7 in wired mode with ANC turned on, the headphones trigger the high impedance mode resulting in much better volume. Just curious to see if the Dali are the same as I am seriously considering them to improve SQ.

Oct 29, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #104 of 1,056
Tried my new m3’s yesterday and to my surprise I have to say I quite enjoyed their sound. Yes the bass was a bit much at times but they were still pretty clear and there can be no denying that they are an exciting listen. I am now wandering if someone like me who enjoys the sound of the m3’s can also get as much satisfaction from the sound of the Dalis. I’m not saying that the m3’s are the best headphones I’ve ever had because they are not as good sounding as my old B+W p7 wireless but on similar lines sound wise to them if not quite as clear. They are certainly better and I mean much better than the px7 that were terribly underwhelming for me. Volume wise these are good with my iPhone so if jager46 is still on the thread could you please tell me how the 2 sets compare in volume. Thanks

Tomorrow or thursday I receiving dali io-6. I think you knowing my opinion is p7 wireless is best wireless sound, and I think px is very bad sound quality and px7 is better than px but is still not good (the hollow mids and the peaky treble is problem for me). Probably you remenber from px7 thread that for the anc headphone the best sound for me is sennheiser m3 wireless but isn't good like my favourite wireless p7 wireless but is close sufficient and having leather ear cups too.

I think long time and worry dali having similar sound of h9i or h9 3g or mw65 that is like more close with diffuse field curve, nice but not realistic and the artificial leather maybe isn't good for my ears. I prefer Harman curve of sound that I thinking is more close to speakers sound than diffuse field.

Now I have with me p7 wireless, m3 wireless, m&d mw65 and px7 and tomorrow I also receiving beats solo pro (solo pro is onears not overears and artificial leather but I want testing the sound, the new comfort comparing with previous model, and the new anc is first time in this model).

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #105 of 1,056
Tomorrow or thursday I receiving dali io-6. I think you knowing my opinion is p7 wireless is best wireless sound, and I think px is very bad sound quality and px7 is better than px but is still not good (the hollow mids and the peaky treble is problem for me). Probably you remenber from px7 thread that for the anc headphone the best sound for me is sennheiser m3 wireless but isn't good like my favourite wireless p7 wireless but is close sufficient and having leather ear cups too.

I think long time and worry dali having similar sound of h9i or h9 3g or mw65 that is like more close with diffuse field curve, nice but not realistic and the artificial leather maybe isn't good for my ears. I prefer Harman curve of sound that I thinking is more close to speakers sound than diffuse field.

Now I have with me p7 wireless, m3 wireless, m&d mw65 and px7 and tomorrow I also receiving beats solo pro (solo pro is onears not overears and artificial leather but I want testing the sound, the new comfort comparing with previous model, and the new anc is first time in this model).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back