Dali Headphones
Nov 5, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #241 of 1,056
I'm not sure what returns would be like, but it appears that you can order either the iO-4 or iO-6 (or both!) from the U.S. from https://www.amazon.co.uk/. I've just initiated a return of my very recently purchased B&W PX7s and placed an order for an iO-4. I listen primarily to classical music and after reading a lot, I think that these may be the headphones with the SQ that I've been searching for (at least in my budgeted sub-$500 price range).
Thanks a bunch. Just ordered the last Black iO-6 on Amazon.uk. I'm in the States and nobody around me carries them. I'm eager to try them out and see how they compare to my Senn M3, Bose NC700, and Beats Solo Pro. Safe to say I won't be keeping all of these. The good news for Headfi members, if I don't like them, I would most likely sell them on here as opposed to hassling with returning them to the UK. My total came to $406.92 in USD. The only concern I have at the moment is rather or not I should've got the iO-4. Seems to be the better value. I currently have the Bose, Airpods Pro, Beats Solo Pro, and M3, all of which offer ANC. I will at the very least keep the AirPods Pro and one other even if I like the Dali. Sooooo....not sure. I guess a part of me wants to get the the ANC and better case in case I like them so much that i want to travel with them sometimes. Well, I have a few hours to decide and swap my order for the iO-4. There's currently more iO-4 in stock where as it was the last iO-6 that ships to the US. Decisions...Decisions. Any thoughts?

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #242 of 1,056
I'd go for the IO-6 .... The difference between 30h and 60h autonomy for me seems trivial... I rarely see myself in need for that kind of battery life ... And ANC could potentially be handy to be able to switch on whenever needed...

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #243 of 1,056
Thanks a bunch. Just ordered the last Black iO-6 on Amazon.uk. I'm in the States and nobody around me carries them. I'm eager to try them out and see how they compare to my Senn M3, Bose NC700, and Beats Solo Pro. Safe to say I won't be keeping all of these. The good news for Headfi members, if I don't like them, I would most likely sell them on here as opposed to hassling with returning them to the UK. My total came to $406.92 in USD. The only concern I have at the moment is rather or not I should've got the iO-4. Seems to be the better value. I currently have the Bose, Airpods Pro, Beats Solo Pro, and M3, all of which offer ANC. I will at the very least keep the AirPods Pro and one other even if I like the Dali. Sooooo....not sure. I guess a part of me wants to get the the ANC and better case in case I like them so much that i want to travel with them sometimes. Well, I have a few hours to decide and swap my order for the iO-4. There's currently more iO-4 in stock where as it was the last iO-6 that ships to the US. Decisions...Decisions. Any thoughts?

I think it comes out to be even cheaper if you pay in GBP and have your credit card company convert to USD. Amazon charges a lot more in FX rate, based on my experience. I paid less than $390 all in.
Good that Dali's warranty is global. It also looks like HifiHut has good reputation...

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #244 of 1,056
Sorry to chime in on the Dali thread, but how do you find the M3s compare to the P7 Wireless? P7W are my top wireless headphones (I was underwhelmed by the PX7s, sadly), and I've also been hugely impressed by the Airpod Pros, so would be great to hear your thoughts. I don't plan to get rid of my P7s, but wondering what I'd gain from owning the M3s as well.
Hello alchemical. I trying answering your questions.

The p7w is my favourite wireless headphone, but isn't only favourite wireless, p7w I preferring more than my wired very expensive top of the line sennheiser hd800 and the hd600 too.

The sound of the p7w for me is very real like with good speakers. The sennheiser m3w is the more close with p7w sound than many anc headphones I trying in the past. I prefer more p7w than m3w but m3w is sufficient close. The only reason for me is m3w having anc and ambient mode, the two things are very important for me. p7w having 14 hours of battery and m3w 17 so I'm happy, isn't perfect for 2019 but is good for me after I hear the very good sound and the excellent construction and the design.

The difference is m3w is having little elevated sub bass and p7w little elevated mid bass. The 2 giving different flavour in music but isn't far. But the combination of mids and treble I preferring in p7w. The m3w is having very good treble but for me I hearing more reality in mids and treble combination, with little more body in p7w, maybe because mid bass helping a little bringing with in the voices and instrumentation with sounds in midrange.

I'm loving the AirPods pro. Is interesting reading in head-fi for me how some of the persons in main airpods pro thread immediately saying APP isn't audiophile sound, but is very good for this or for that, etc, etc. AirPods isn't audiophile sound maybe, only maybe, but is having one of the more best correct sound in the frequency response. I have for 6 days and I respecting this product more and more, the researching that's doing Apple for producing this product is serious.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #245 of 1,056
Another option is to use an Audioquest Dragontail and use Usb Audio Player PRO on your Android device to drive the DALI internal 32/96 dac (similar to what @Brintkiks suggests in the previous post) ... in UAPP you can drive the DALI volume via the hardware volume option ... (certain USB-C male to male cables also do work, I have a Belkin Duratek one that works)

(Or buy an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC, the Cobalt one is awesome and comes with a free USB-C Dragontail)
Unfortunately I’m on iPhone 11 pro max so nothing like that really. The B&W px7 were on the low side for the but the senn m3’s were plent loud enough. I work in a noisy working environment and anc headphones don’t block out the machine noises. My B&W p7 wireless headphones with no anc go loud and are perfect but I need and want a 2nd pair for a change

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #246 of 1,056
Unfortunately I’m on iPhone 11 pro max so nothing like that really. The B&W px7 were on the low side for the but the senn m3’s were plent loud enough. I work in a noisy working environment and anc headphones don’t block out the machine noises. My B&W p7 wireless headphones with no anc go loud and are perfect but I need and want a 2nd pair for a change

The Audioquest Dragonfly actually allows itself to be connected to an iPhone via the Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter so you could also benefit from higher volume as well as a higher SQ (albeit wired)

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #247 of 1,056

Hello Steelydanman. Maybe this post isn't appropriate for you so please don't thinking bad and please paying attention.

I don't know how old are you but you must protecting your hearing because in future you will regretting music so much very loud.

The p7w is going very loud very easy. For me the dali io6 is going very loud sufficient, not like p7w but very sufficient. I forgetting that mw65 isn't go loud for some of the classical music I listening (the old recordings of orchestras) but even mw65 is good for me, but I think this is problem for mw65 for the people that listening much old masterings of quiet music of 60s, 70s and 80s.

My very big advice for you is you must getting Sony or Bose anc headphone for the best anc and in this way you playing the music in more low volume and your ears will saying you big big thank you now and in the future.

I'm sorry if this isn't good place for this advice, but this is serious health topic.

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #248 of 1,056
Another option is to use an Audioquest Dragontail and use Usb Audio Player PRO on your Android device to drive the DALI internal 32/96 dac (similar to what @Brintkiks suggests in the previous post) ... in UAPP you can drive the DALI volume via the hardware volume option ... (certain USB-C male to male cables also do work, I have a Belkin Duratek one that works)

(Or buy an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC, the Cobalt one is awesome and comes with a free USB-C Dragontail)
I have the hrt audiostreamer but the problem is USB connection don't last and break. Reason I went wireless is I'm sick of breaking £100s worth of cables lol

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #249 of 1,056
I have the hrt audiostreamer but the problem is USB connection don't last and break. Reason I went wireless is I'm sick of breaking £100s worth of cables lol

I agree that any wired connection has the potential to eventually break (if no proper caution is observed) . The Dali IO-6 however has even greater sonic capabilities than what APTX HD can bring out ..

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #250 of 1,056
Hello Steelydanman. Maybe this post isn't appropriate for you so please don't thinking bad and please paying attention.

I don't know how old are you but you must protecting your hearing because in future you will regretting music so much very loud.

The p7w is going very loud very easy. For me the dali io6 is going very loud sufficient, not like p7w but very sufficient. I forgetting that mw65 isn't go loud for some of the classical music I listening (the old recordings of orchestras) but even mw65 is good for me, but I think this is problem for mw65 for the people that listening much old masterings of quiet music of 60s, 70s and 80s.

My very big advice for you is you must getting Sony or Bose anc headphone for the best anc and in this way you playing the music in more low volume and your ears will saying you big big thank you now and in the future.

I'm sorry if this isn't good place for this advice, but this is serious health topic.
The problem is angelom that I am in my mid 50s and 35 years of working in the weaving industry has made my earring what it is so I do require a loud headphone. The mw65’s I have tried and are too low for me. The Sony’s are ok volume wise but don’t sound very good. The m3’s I have just returned are about perfect volume and the p7w I listen too very rarely on full volume, only on poorly mastered tracks on Apple Music. Would you say that the volume on the Dali’s is about the same as the m3’s my friend, if it is I will give them a try. It’s not that I listen to music on full volume all the time but it’s nice to have it when needed but thanks for the advice and I know that you are correct in what you are saying

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #252 of 1,056
Looks like these just hit Amazon in the US. The io-6 is $499 and the io-4 is $399.
Good info. Just cancelled my iO-6 order on Amazon.uk. What can I say, I'm impatient. It was going to take over a week to get it. I'd rather pay the extra $100 to get it sooner and have a more convenient way to return if needed.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #253 of 1,056
Wondering which to order from. There's HiDEF Lifestyle which has a guaranteed delivery date of this Friday. But the shipping is $25 more expensive. Looks like Dali just launched an Amazon account called Dali US. Their shipping is cheaper but it gives a wide delivery range of this Thursday all the way into next week. No guarantee. I wish I knew their shipping policies, meaning how long they require for handling, and where they ship from to see how close it is to me. I know, I'm overthinking

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #254 of 1,056
I've have a review set of the iO-6 headphones, courtesy of Dali. I've not spent enough time with it to perform an in-depth review however have a few initial straight out of the box thoughts.

In terms of aesthetics, construction and ergonomics, I like it's presentation with it's carry case....rather chic with it's semi-hardshell case in denim-like material. The inside is felt-like which is soft on the headphone itself, and the zippers are far away enough to ensure it doesn't scratch the headphones. There's only one internal pouch to hold the charging and analogue cables.

As for the headphone itself, it's more delicate and smooth expressing a more sophisticated classy headphone (note I come from a primarily V-Moda portable headphone which has gone for a more rugged style). The synthetic leather of the earpads and headphone band also oozes finesse. The cups swivel and the earpads rock smoothly in perpendicular axes to each other which makes it easily adjustable. As for the arms that hold the cups, the slide is a little more stiff to adjust but once adjusted, it wouldn't slip accidentally. As the cups swivel, it hangs comfortably around the neck without any discomfort.

Around the head though, comfort is probably my biggest issue ergonomically. It clamps around my cranium rather hard so I can't listen to it long despite the flexibility of the earcups and earpads. I hope that over time though with gentle flexing of the headphone band, that it'll improve over time. The cups are circumaural and whilst I've read that some other reviewers state it's not deep enough, I don't have an issue with the depth for my ears. It is actually deeper than the V-Moda M-100 Master and Crossfade Wireless Codex (and these are the V-Modas with the deeper cups). I should be more specific that with the iO-6 cups, that the dust protector mesh to the top of the earpads are about the same as the V-Moda's however, the iO-6 dust protector mesh still sits a few more millimetres above the driver, whereas the V-Moda dust protector mesh rests right on top of the driver.

All the controls are on the right cup with physical clickable buttons rather than the Sony 1000XM series touch capacitive approach. Call me old school but I like the physical buttons more (and I used to own the Sony 1000XM2 before selling it off MDR-1000X before giving them to my nephew). The iO-6 button clicks are feel definitive like how buttons should be; folks would know in my V-Moda reviews (as much as I like V-Moda), their buttons are one of their weakest points feeling cheap/flimsy.

Whilst these days a lot of wireless headphones recommend having accompanying iOS/Android apps for greater control, the iO-6 has gone for just a more traditional straight wireless approach.

Sonically, my first thoughts were "these are like closed HD800s" (but no, not like the HD820s). The presentation is light and airy and sets the listener far from the stage. Attending many Tokyo International Audio Shows in the past few years, I'm familiar with Dali speakers and get the impression their headphone tuning comes from their experience with their speakers. The sound signature lends well to the classical genre where finesse in presentation is needed for the listener to subtle details complex orchestral piece. At least in my opinion, this is akin to the HD800 (and to a certain extent to the HD800S which I used to own too). Where I do wish more out of the iO-6 however is more bass slam, so listening to rock vocals (e.g. Billy Joel), or Dance, EDM, it's not as engaging. However with certain genre, it's exuberates a classy presentation for a wireless headphone.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #255 of 1,056
Thanks for your impressions AnakChan. How would you rank the Dalis when compared to wired headphones in the same price class? How good is the layering and vocal projection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back