DAC/AMP for Beyer DT990 (watching movies and TV)
Sep 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

yogibeezwax

New Head-Fier
Actually I need some help..I'm totally new to audiophile sound but I now own a couple of "fairly" High-end headphone.
Here is my setup:
Shure 535 IEM
Sennheiser IE8
Beyerdynamics DT900 edition (600Ohms)
NuForce uDac2

I want to be able to power the Beyer dt990's from my desktop computer but I only have a integrated soundcard...that's why I've been using the Nuforce DAC for my iem's... and it's been working OK (better chanel balance on the shure 535's but still a bit of "hissing" on the sennheiser's) Now,  I recently got the dt990 because I want something for watching movies with for a larger soundstage and atmosphere. Clarity is important as well as bass for those action movies; ) but I don't want the bass to be overpowering. Because the dt990 leak quite a bit of sound I want to be able to drive them without sound getting distorted.
So mainly for movies with a bit of music listening as well with a neutral an still slightly warm soundimage. Also I would like the option of upgrading in the future..as you can read I really don't know that much about sound at this level but what I have read on the internet makes me think that either a yulong d100 or a u100 would be a good fit. Then again mabe a surround reciver would do the job better ?(enough power for the headphones with the added benefits of surrond sound through Yamaha's silent cinema mode for example).
I would really appreciate some advice as I don't have that much knowledge yet in this area.

How does the Asus Xonar Essence One compare to the Yulong D100II? 
Thanks in advance!
cleardot.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back