DAC+AMP combo ~1000GBP
Sep 24, 2023 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SalemKotSabriny

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking for DAC/AMP combo to setup with my laptop + headphones. I am currently using Ibasso DX220 MAX as an external DAC and results are preety good especially with HIFIMAN HE1000v2, but I would rather have something that don't need charging from time to time.

To sum up, I am looking for DAC+AMP stack for about 1000GBP to setup with my laptop and HIFIMAN HE1000v2 headphones. I am looking for good synergy and neutral sound.

Thanks

Sep 27, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 5
RME ADI DAC/AMP as your headphone is not very difficult to drive. And save up for a better amp in the future with the money left.

Sep 27, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Great choice…being used may mean it’s burn in already.

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Personally, id get cayin iha6 for the amp, and if youre cool with vintage gear, try to source a sony das703es. Ive picked one up about a year ago... and having tried a great number of extremely high end dac's both at canjam's and at posh friends places, i think das703es holds up against literally any dac you put it up against.
And IHA6 is one of the best amps under 1k. Its a very nice fit for hek (adds some warmth, a bit of low end and ever so slightly taims the highs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back