D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions
Feb 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #346 of 680

Well got mine but having a lot of problems getting the driver installed on Win7 64-bit  Keep getting unknown device.

Make sure you're getting the driver from the iBasso website.  Windows won't find it on its own.  I also tried to disable and re-enable the USB ports.  Not sure what combination of things worked but it's working now.  

Haven't had the problem of it stopping tonight but I also can't find how to set it as priority.  

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #347 of 680
Best way to install the driver is to plug it in then the new hardware pops up then install the driver thru  the window installer. But the easiest usb/spdif converter I've encountered was the fiio e10. Pretty much just plug n play

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #348 of 680

Quote:
Have you installed the driver? If you did try plugging it into a different port after you restarted your computer

Yes I have, and tried different ports also, no luck

Quote:
Foxjam seemed to have a similar issue (using Win 7 64bit) and mentioned that uninstalling/reinstalling the driver finally did the trick.

Tried that also, no luck.

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #349 of 680
I have no idea here, sometimes it will show up as unsupported device, then sometimes as XMOS XS1-L1 but will say device cannot start (Error 10)

It's not the D7 because it works on my mac

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #351 of 680

Quote:
But the easiest usb/spdif converter I've encountered was the fiio e10. Pretty much just plug n play

Fiio E10 is not a USB Class 2.0 Audio device.

Starfire: Have you tried powering up the D7 and leave it on all the way before you even boot up your Windows? Windows seems to be able to work better with devices that is connected to it prior to booting.

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #352 of 680

Quote:
You need to know that Mac is different. =)
The error message will appear even when there is nothing else plugged to all the other USB ports

i was replying to foxjam, which I believe using windows.

Quote:

Make sure you're getting the driver from the iBasso website.  Windows won't find it on its own.  I also tried to disable and re-enable the USB ports.  Not sure what combination of things worked but it's working now.  

Haven't had the problem of it stopping tonight but I also can't find how to set it as priority.  

may I ask what app you're using as music player?

Quote:
Fiio E10 is not a USB Class 2.0 Audio device.

Starfire: Have you tried powering up the D7 and leave it on all the way before you even boot up your Windows? Windows seems to be able to work better with devices that is connected to it prior to booting.

IME installing hardware on windows usually install the driver 1st, before connecting the hardware. in D7 case install the driver, then connect the D7 when it ask you to connect it.

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #354 of 680

Quote:
What's the difference between the front Line Out and the rear Analog out?
Which one of those is controlled by the volume?
which one turns off when you plug an headphone in?

both line out are not controlled by volume. its line level

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #355 of 680

Quote:
i was replying to foxjam, which I believe using windows.

may I ask what app you're using as music player?

IME installing hardware on windows usually install the driver 1st, before connecting the hardware. in D7 case install the driver, then connect the D7 when it ask you to connect it.

I've only been using Spotify and iTunes thus far.  Mostly Spotify.  Haven't tried Windows Media Player.  Didn't really like Foobar.  Thinking about trying JRiver. 

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #356 of 680
JRiver is a nice "full featured" player - I especially like the Theater View with a remote control and a 50" display.

For a simpler player I like XMPLAY.  This is what I used on my PC when I am using the PC for other tasks while listening.

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #357 of 680
Well I figured out my problem, it was the cable.  I have a nice gold plated thick USB cable I use for about everything, but I guess not the D7, as soon as I used the supplied cable it was recognized.  First time I've ever had that happen to me with USB.

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #358 of 680

Quote:
Well I figured out my problem, it was the cable.  I have a nice gold plated thick USB cable I use for about everything, but I guess not the D7, as soon as I used the supplied cable it was recognized.  First time I've ever had that happen to me with USB.

Glad to hear it's resolved! Time to enjoy the music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back