D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions
Feb 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #331 of 680

Quote:
Anyone else getting this message on Mac? Plugged directly in—no hub. It works just fine but I'm puzzled as to why the message pops up.

I did, on a MacBook Pro running on 10.6.8. Like you said, does not affect any way. I running iTunes (w/ BitPerfect 1.0.1), or Fidelia beta, or Decibel. Must say, I'm enjoying it. Main setup is MacBook Pro->Optical out->V-DAC->X-Can v8->HD650 and it is keeping up. 
I'm using D7 as my portable system using some HD448 or NuForce NE-700m.

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #332 of 680

Quote:
That finish looks kind of like Nextel to me.  I've had Nextel finished audio gear in the past and it does show rubs pretty easily.  I prefer a traditional anodized finish personally. 

Does anyone know if the silver finish is like this too or is it anodized?

Hmm...am I the only one who got the silver one?

In any case, it appears to be anodized, although I'm no expert in that area.  I didn't go to the point of scraping it with a coin, but I did scrape it with my fingernail with a decent amount of pressure, and all marks easily disappeared after rubbing the marks with my finger.  At the very least, it's a decent quality finish that appears fairly durable and stays clean for me after handling it quite a bit.  For a comparison, the finish is slightly lighter and more dull than my Mac Book Air's silver/grey.

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #333 of 680

Quote:
Anyone else getting this message on Mac? Plugged directly in—no hub. It works just fine but I'm puzzled as to why the message pops up.

I mentioned this and discussed it a bit with others starting on page 14 of this thread.  One follow-up is that I had said that the issue more or less went away after I updated my system to 10.7.3, which was true for about three days, but then started to come back again.  It isn't 100% of the time that I turn it on, like it was before I updated to 10.7.3, but it still occurs.  I had also emailed iBasso beforehand, and they said that the message is "normal" on Macs and is just a warning that you can ignore.

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #334 of 680

Quote:

I mentioned this and discussed it a bit with others starting on page 14 of this thread.  One follow-up is that I had said that the issue more or less went away after I updated my system to 10.7.3, which was true for about three days, but then started to come back again.  It isn't 100% of the time that I turn it on, like it was before I updated to 10.7.3, but it still occurs.  I had also emailed iBasso beforehand, and they said that the message is "normal" on Macs and is just a warning that you can ignore.

Thanks guys

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #336 of 680
The message is perfectly fine.

It will appear be it you run your macbook off the wall power or from the battery.

What I am curious to know is whether this error message affect those using iMac/Mac Mini/Mac Pro.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #337 of 680
Is anybody else having the problem of it just stop working for no reason until you turn it off and then back on again?  Last night it did it 3 times within the first half hour of listening and then after about an hour it didn't do it for the rest of the night.  It did the same the first night I had it as well.  I've only put about 5 hours of listening on it.  Maybe it works itself out after more use?

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #338 of 680

Quote:
Is anybody else having the problem of it just stop working for no reason until you turn it off and then back on again?  Last night it did it 3 times within the first half hour of listening and then after about an hour it didn't do it for the rest of the night.  It did the same the first night I had it as well.  I've only put about 5 hours of listening on it.  Maybe it works itself out after more use?

that sounds like other application with higher priority using it and not giving the right back to your music app.
you should try to activated exclusive mode on property>advanced. or use a music app that can use wasapi like foobar.

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #339 of 680

Quote:
@jchandler3 are you on battery power when this happens?

No, it's running into an iMac plugged into a surge protector/ UPS backup. Maybe the surge protector has something to do with it?

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #340 of 680

Quote:
that sounds like other application with higher priority using it and not giving the right back to your music app.
you should try to activated exclusive mode on property>advanced. or use a music app that can use wasapi like foobar.

You need to know that Mac is different. =)
The error message will appear even when there is nothing else plugged to all the other USB ports

Quote:
No, it's running into an iMac plugged into a surge protector/ UPS backup. Maybe the surge protector has something to do with it?

No. Nothing to do with surge protector.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #345 of 680
I had a lot of trouble with Audio-GD Digital Interface on Windows as well in the past.

Most of the USB/SPDIF converters just don't play nice on Windows. You will either need to install drivers to get them recognized or to have the device turned on before booting up Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back