D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions
Jan 21, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #113 of 680
Here is a qick review of the D7

I have use the D7 for a good 8 to 10 hours now mostly with my Klipsh Image One and my M-Audio AV-40 and I can tell that the DAC perform very well and the sound quality is a large step up for any internal DaC I have listen too an can be favorably compare to ANY external DAC in it's price range. 

I would say that If you only need a DAC, and that you are willing to send $100 more the DACport LX perform a little bit better.

As for the Amp, It is quite good in my opinion, I found the soundstage to be a little bit narrow in a few occasions but the imaging is really realy good. (Note that I have easy to drive headphone)

I am very please with my purchase and for $175 I would recommend it to anyone looking for a DAC or DAC/Amp combo.  Awesome performance for the price!

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #114 of 680
D7 is very versatile imo.

dont have amp/dac? use it as one
have new amp? use it as dac
have new dac and have an amp? use it as digital transport

considering how a digital transport usually priced about the same or higher I'd say D7 is really a steal.

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #115 of 680

Quote:
Here is a qick review of the D7

I have use the D7 for a good 8 to 10 hours now mostly with my Klipsh Image One and my M-Audio AV-40 and I can tell that the DAC perform very well and the sound quality is a large step up for any internal DaC I have listen too an can be favorably compare to ANY external DAC in it's price range. 

I would say that If you only need a DAC, and that you are willing to send $100 more the DACport LX perform a little bit better.

As for the Amp, It is quite good in my opinion, I found the soundstage to be a little bit narrow in a few occasions but the imaging is really realy good. (Note that I have easy to drive headphone)

I am very please with my purchase and for $175 I would recommend it to anyone looking for a DAC or DAC/Amp combo.  Awesome performance for the price!

Very helpful review. thanks

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #116 of 680

Quote:

The soundstage will improve drastically after 60hours. Give it more time.

Out of the box it sounds congested but that is expected from a device that has so many caps.

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #117 of 680

Quote:
The soundstage will improve drastically after 60hours. Give it more time.

Out of the box it sounds congested but that is expected from a device that has so many caps.

Agree here. Almost all iBasso portable amps improve with burn-in. Some can hear improvements even after 200 hours of play time. A lot of caps means a lot of burn-in. 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back