D2000/5000/7000 as fullbodied & tight as M50 / HD600 ?
Oct 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #16 of 17

Quote:
... heard the stock D2000 D5000 and D7000, actually nothing special compared to my M50.

i will stick to the M50 for fun and PRaT, and the more refined less fun HD600 as classic/jazz alternative. after all the phones that i have heard recently, the M50 and HD600 are the Bestbuys under 1000$ to me.

Will try the LCD2 - if possible in europe

Myself and Shane had the same discussion.  Does the D7000 sound better in every possible way?  Pretty much.  It's awesome.  Is it worth the price differential?  That is another question.  A personal one at that.  I can easily see your argument and accept it completely.  I personally am leaning a smidge to the other side because, despite the premium, it really is hard for me to pass up on that extra degree of performance and refinement.  With no disrespect meant to anyone, you may have the HIV but many of us Head-Fiers have full blown AIDS.  
eek.gif
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #17 of 17
Heh, heh...

As with so much here, the more it costs, the more the law of diminishing returns kicks in. I got an amazing deal on my D7000 and for me it's worth every cent. I honestly don't think it would be worth full list ($1k), but few would pay that for this can anyway.

No doubt... Anaxilus is right the D7k is outstanding, especially when paired with the right tube or SS amp, and it far outshines the M50. And when you hear things done so well, they are hard to resist.

shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back