D12 Arrives!
Oct 6, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #16 of 32
congratulation for you massax, I am still waiting for the local distributor to have stocks of this D12, hopefully they come in soon
regular_smile .gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #19 of 32
Oct 10, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #21 of 32

Quote:
is the amp section of the d12 better or on par with the one on d4?

With the stock opamps, IMO the D12 amplifier section is improved over the stock D4.  The choice of opamps will largely determine which amplifier sounds "best".  Different ears will have different opinions.   The opamps used in the stock D12 are not the same ones used in the stock D4 and have not been previously used by iBasso in their amplifiers.

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #22 of 32
Ron can the D12 op-amps be used on the D4? If so, does the amp section sound closer? How does the stock D12 amp section compare with the D4 amp section with the TopKit?

I imagine that if the units are fed via USB the D4 dac still has the advantage, is this correct?

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #23 of 32

Quote:
Ron can the D12 op-amps be used on the D4? If so, does the amp section sound closer? How does the stock D12 amp section compare with the D4 amp section with the TopKit?

I imagine that if the units are fed via USB the D4 dac still has the advantage, is this correct?

Do NOT use the stock D12 opamps in the D4.  Both the D12 L/R opamps and buffer opamps are rated for 6v maximum and will be destroyed if the 9v voltage in the D4 is applied to them.  You can, however, safely use the D10 or D4 Topkits in the D12. 

Ron

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #24 of 32
if im going to stay single ended and use it with an itouch & s:flo, would the pico slim, d12, or pb1 be a better choice? 

i know if i were to use optical the d12 would be best; if i were gonna go balanced, the pb1 would be best.  but if im not using optical and just using a mini to mini or LOD, would the d12 or pb1 be better than the slim?  now that i have my desktop setup, i wont be using it iwth muy computer any more and im not interested in getting a player with optical out.  any help woudl be great

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #25 of 32

Quote:
if im going to stay single ended and use it with an itouch & s:flo, would the pico slim, d12, or pb1 be a better choice? 

i know if i were to use optical the d12 would be best; if i were gonna go balanced, the pb1 would be best.  but if im not using optical and just using a mini to mini or LOD, would the d12 or pb1 be better than the slim?  now that i have my desktop setup, i wont be using it iwth muy computer any more and im not interested in getting a player with optical out.  any help woudl be great

Maybe a T3 would do the job??   It has been kind of under the radar for awhile, but it is still an excellent performer and has the benefit of 4 gain settings. 

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #26 of 32
The T3 small size and great sound make it a very nice option for those who want to keep the size to a minimum. I enjoyed its sound a lot, I have since sent it to another forum in Great Britain for them to test.

Oct 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #27 of 32

Quote:
Maybe a T3 would do the job??   It has been kind of under the radar for awhile, but it is still an excellent performer and has the benefit of 4 gain settings. 

Quote:
The T3 small size and great sound make it a very nice option for those who want to keep the size to a minimum. I enjoyed its sound a lot, I have since sent it to another forum in Great Britain for them to test.

are you two really suggesting the T3 over the pico slim? do u guys work for ibasso! haha

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #28 of 32
I can not comment on the Pico Slim because I have not listened to it. My point was that the T3 at about $120 sounds superb and it is well worth its price and then some. As far as working for iBasso, don't we all? Just kidding.

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #30 of 32

Quote:
I can not comment on the Pico Slim because I have not listened to it. My point was that the T3 at about $120 sounds superb and it is well worth its price and then some. As far as working for iBasso, don't we all? Just kidding.

lol seriously i love ibasso stuff but my first was the pb1. i always look at those 100$ amps and think that theyre not that good although thats just my assumption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back