1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2015

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. gandhisfist

Not sure if you saw it earlier in the thread, but use the phrase "Amar sent me" at the ticket table to get entrance for $10.

2. kayan

Welcome to the forums.

I can't wait to hear your Alphas!

3. TimeLord

Thanks for the heads up.

4. TimeLord

Thanks kayan, glad to be here.

5. gandhisfist
    Just got shipping notification for my LISST tubes.  Fingers crossed, I should have them before the meet this weekend.

6. BigTerminator
    So it looks like I will be bringing all my gear. 

DT990 Premium 600ohm
    DT990 Pro 250ohm

Musical Fidelity V90 DAC
    Yulong A800 Amp

7. coletrain104
    I'd be willing to sell my HE-400 and/or Beyerdynamic DT-880 here if someone else digs them, but I just wanted to make sure it was considered acceptable practice at meets. Anyone know?

8. gandhisfist

I don't anticipate there being any issues if people want to privately sell gear at the meet. I have seen other stuff for sale at previous meets with no objection.

As a side note, which dt880? :wink:

9. coletrain104
    Its a new model, hardly used, both black and silver velour pads (they are different in terms of sound) and they are the all-black Manufaktur/Massdrop edition.

10. gandhisfist

So the Manufaktur Pro 250? I look forward to hearing them and maybe I will make an offer.

11. coletrain104
    oh yeah, forgot to mention it is the 600 Ohms model. It really doesn't take that much to drive though, and my Vali easily gets it to a good volume level for me. 

12. gandhisfist

Even better, I have never had a chance to check out the 600ohm model. I have plenty of amps, so I'm not worried about being able to drive them properly.

13. Barry S
    Thanks to @Asr, we're going to have an ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 elctrostatic/dynamic headphone at our meet. Even as I write this, the Dharma is winging it's way from Colorado to Maryland. Asr organized the recent Denver meet and arranged with ENIGMAcoustics to pass it along for the DC meet, and ENIGMAcoustics is happy to have it at CAF. The Dharma is an interesting hybrid headphone and will be nice to have at the meet.

14. nojwe

I'm so excited to hear this!!

15. gandhisfist

Excellent.  Will the Athena amp be there as well?

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last