1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2015

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. sevensteps
    Hi all, looking forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts! I will be present Sunday noon through early afternoon and am bringing:

FiiO E12

Vorzuge VorzAMP Pure II and Pure II+

FiiO E17, E18

Chord Hugo

Resonessence Labs HERUS

iFi iDSD micro

Astell & Kern AK120II Red Wine Audio mod

OPPO PM-2, PM-3

Audeze LCD-XC

assorted AudioQuest and Moon Audio interconnects

some SACD rips from my PS3 and assorted "hi-res" purchases. See y'all!

2. Barry S

Unfortunately not--it's in use at another location. We're going to have some great systems to audition it on, though. See you at 9 am on Sunday!

3. Barry S

Wow, that's some amazing gear.

4. TimeLord

Thanks for acquiring the Dharma. It looks very interesting.

5. TimeLord

Wow! Highly interested in hearing the Chord. See you Sunday.

6. gandhisfist
    So these just arrived [​IMG]

wOklhuV.jpg

7. Japheel
    aww yeah

8. gandhisfist
    Initial impression is slightly better clarity over tubes.  I really like how this amp is sounding with these, and I have a Lyr 2 so no issues with noise floor, not even on high gain.  Whatever fuzzyness there was to the sound with tubes is totally gone, everything sounds just a little bit more precise and tight compared to listening with tubes in and I'm really digging it.

9. TimeLord
    That's interesting. Do you detect any differences in bass depth or decay rates?

10. gandhisfist

No so much in depth, as that was never really an issue for me with the Lyr 2 in the first place, even with tubes (I was using a pair of NOS Amperex Orange Globes).  Decay does seem just a bit quicker, which may be what I am describing as that cleaner, tighter sound.

11. Asr

If possible, someone should try the Dharma on the MicroZOTL 2 that will be at CAF courtesy of Urban HiFi. That should be really interesting.... [​IMG] 

Or even better, maybe someone could ask Urban HiFi if they'd consider moving their MicroZOTL 2 to the Head-Fi meet where it would likely get way more attention.....

12. markm1
    Do you all know if there will be a HP room Saturday like there was last year in addition to the meet? Saturday may be the only day I can come :frowning2:

13. sheldaze
    I think the main issue is headphone vendors are heading to London this coming weekend. So we locals are simply hosting our own meet on Sunday. So no, I don't think there will be a headphone room like last year. I read that Woo Audio would still be participating, and (just conjecture on my part) they may have a couple of headphone amps.

14. sheldaze
    Gotta say this is really turning out to be an expensive hobby - replacement of one component drives the desire to replace another. The first headphone I plugged into the Multibit (Denon AH-D2000) sounds absolutely fantastic. It really opens up. The other three headphones I've been using (HiFiMan HE-400S, NAD VISO HP50, and Sennheiser HD650) really aren't registering anything sonically new for me. I guess those three were built to "tame" harsh digital sound.

I'll bring the whole kit, but really recommend you plug in your own headphones, via 1/4" jack or your own amplifier, to hear for yourself.

15. bigman18

Don't they need breaking ?

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16
Next

Last