Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Picollo Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #31 of 86
I've put my CLAP review up :-

http://www.head-fi.org/products/cypher-labs-algorhythm-picollo/reviews/11252

I have to admit that writing it is somewhat difficult since I'm coming from higher ended fully featured/balanced amps. Even compared to the Apex Glacier I find that the soundstage is smaller by comparison. Unfortunately I don't have any more amps that's closer to the CLAP price where I can compare fairly.

Anyhow, the  CLAP will be sent to @shigzeo next for him to do his listening and review, and hopefully to @SoupRKnowva in Korea next.

Jul 13, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #32 of 86
The comparison I'm looking for would be against the Pico Slim, similar price range, mostly for IEMs and easier to drive headphones, neutral-ish sound signature. Hopefully those with a Pico Slim would get a taste of the Picollo

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #33 of 86
Would also like to hear a comparison between the Slim and Picollo. I've been considering a small amp for hiking and walks...have heard a mixed bag for the Slim. Love my Pico Power. Love my CLAS so waiting to see how the Picollo shakes out...

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #34 of 86
If I'd known, I would have sent both over to Anakchan. One way or the other, I'll organise a chance for us to compare. We might be due for another Tokyo mini-meet.

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #35 of 86
I just pulled the trigger on a silver one. I can't wait until it arrives. I have to decide on a DAP and since this is going to be a walking/hiking set-up, I am leaning towards an iPod Nano 7g. Needs to be small and light enough to comfortably fit in my pocket. I think this is going to be really great. Will post some impressions once it is all assembled...

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #36 of 86
Just got the Picollo and what a beauty. Fits perfectly with the new iPod nano. Been only catching short time to listen. Plan on going for some decent outdoor stuff tomorrow so will post some more detailed impressions later.

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #37 of 86
Another

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #38 of 86
One more

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #39 of 86
I just ordered a Silver CLAP online, local stores only stock the black ones citing black as the most popular color.......
It will be at least a week or 2 before I receive it, hope to receive it soon!

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #40 of 86
The Headfonia review has just been published http://www.headfonia.com/cypherlabs-algorhytm-picollo-old-school-analog/

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #42 of 86
The Picollo battery life is simply amazing! I have left it running plugged to my AK120 continuously for 36 hours and it is still running and I am listening to it while I type this.

Over these 36 hours, I have noted some subtle differences, the sound stage has widened abit and starts to sound smoother and less sharp than in the beginning. I found it sounded overly bright in the beginning but now it feels much smoother. Mmmm frankly was very disappointed with the sound out of the box and I found the Fiio E11K way better than the Picollo but now it has improved quite a fair bit. Will continue burning in and share my tots on this amp.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #43 of 86
The Picollo battery life is simply amazing! I have left it running plugged to my AK120 continuously for 36 hours and it is still running and I am listening to it while I type this.

Over these 36 hours, I have noted some subtle differences, the sound stage has widened abit and starts to sound smoother and less sharp than in the beginning. I found it sounded overly bright in the beginning but now it feels much smoother. Mmmm frankly was very disappointed with the sound out of the box and I found the Fiio E11K way better than the Picollo but now it has improved quite a fair bit. Will continue burning in and share my tots on this amp.

How are the differences now that you (i assume) have it running for sometime? Did you get it directly from CL themselves?

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #44 of 86

How are the differences now that you (i assume) have it running for sometime? Did you get it directly from CL themselves?

In the end I got it from the local distributor due to territorial distributorship rights. My online order from CL was cancelled.

When I first got it, there was no bass, soundstage very very narrow and congested. After 100+ hours of burn in, soundstage opened up and bass is now significantly more punchy and frankly Im not a true believer of burn in but my experience with the Picollo is that, burn in is absolutely necessary and the sound will improve significantly.

Sep 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #45 of 86
At the moment, this is one of my favorite amps. Small enough to hide in my pocket, enough power to provide really wonderful dynamics. Fit and finish is spectacular. Feels like a solid block of magic aluminum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back