Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jul 21, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #241 of 1,793

Quote:
I do like the HE-4 but will tomorrow be receiving a HE-500 to replace it. To me the HE-500 betters the HE-4 in all aspects. Have never heard the LCD-2 so can't comment. All my cable work is done by either Whiplash or qusp and neither are what you would call inexpensive.

I too bought the HE-500 to replace the HE-4 but can't bare to part with it now the HE-500 are here. Yes the HE-500 is a better phone (and much easier to drive) but there is something in the HE-4 that flicks my switch. Don't quite know if this is the right way to say it but with the right genre it seems more airy, snappier. As of now I have them both hanging in my listening area but before the HE-500 arrived I believed the HE-4 was all I would ever need in a phone.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #243 of 1,793
Jazzyfi - looks great and also give us your impressions!!!

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #244 of 1,793
Jul 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #246 of 1,793
An update about the CLAS. Its an amazing device. I can hear what I paid for clearly. I love it. I don't need to concentrate or do a critical listening, first time I heard it I was like.. WOW, what a resolution. And the RX2 is also great especially with low volume listening, absolutely no channel imbalance. My other amps cannot compete with it in low volume though I still like my protector more when I listen with normal listening level.

My only complain is the nano... awesome little device but the battery was gone after 3-4 hours. I think I need to buy a classic or touch... Any idea how long a touch battery can last with the CLAS?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read previous page mentioning iTouch. 10 hours sounds great! 3 times more than what I have right now..

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #247 of 1,793

Quote:
An update about the CLAS. Its an amazing device. I can hear what I paid for clearly. I love it. I don't need to concentrate or do a critical listening, first time I heard it I was like.. WOW, what a resolution. And the RX2 is also great especially with low volume listening, absolutely no channel imbalance. My other amps cannot compete with it in low volume though I still like my protector more when I listen with normal listening level.

My only complain is the nano... awesome little device but the battery was gone after 3-4 hours. I think I need to buy a classic or touch... Any idea how long a touch battery can last with the CLAS?

I'm a little behind on my acronyms.  What is CLAS?  Thanks.

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #249 of 1,793
Quote:

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read previous page mentioning iTouch. 10 hours sounds great! 3 times more than what I have right now..

Jazzyfi, glad that you like it. I spent the afternoon in a coffee shop listening to music and reading on my Kindle. That I can carry that quality of sound with me still blows me away.

BTW my Classic's battery was only mildly dented by the afternoon. Once you get a ful-size iPod, I think that you will be fine with battery life. Charge both the ipod and CLAS often; the batteries love it.

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #250 of 1,793
My itouch 3G with CLAS can last me up to 12hours. But that is, of course, purely listening to music and doing nothing else =)

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #251 of 1,793
Good to know. My plan would be to use a Touch and turn off everything like wifi, keyboard noises, auto-brightness and have the screen dim/sleep quickly and just use it as a player, so hopefully that'd approach about 12 hours too.

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #252 of 1,793
usually CLAS is the first to die off with my touch with 20% battery left...

i can still use wifi for streaming radio for about 10hours... :)

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #253 of 1,793
Hey all, putting together a desktop system and trying to figure out how best to hook up my iPhone to desktop DAC and amp.  Was looking at a Cambridge Audio iD100 dock, but then found reviews for CLAS claiming desktop quality audio.  I know it would be cheaper to just run a cable from my PC to the DAC, but have a really loud computer and don't think that would work too well with open cans.  Anyway, do you guys think the CLAS would improve the sound coming from an iPod as opposed to a straight dock?  I also like the fact that it can double as portable.  Here's what I'm running for reference:

iPhone4 -> CLAS -> Schiit Biforst -> Schiit Lyr -> Beyerdynamic T1 / DT1350

Thanks!

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #254 of 1,793

Quote:
Hey all, putting together a desktop system and trying to figure out how best to hook up my iPhone to desktop DAC and amp.  Was looking at a Cambridge Audio iD100 dock, but then found reviews for CLAS claiming desktop quality audio.  I know it would be cheaper to just run a cable from my PC to the DAC, but have a really loud computer and don't think that would work too well with open cans.  Anyway, do you guys think the CLAS would improve the sound coming from an iPod as opposed to a straight dock?  I also like the fact that it can double as portable.  Here's what I'm running for reference:

iPhone4 -> CLAS -> Schiit Biforst -> Schiit Lyr -> Beyerdynamic T1 / DT1350

Thanks!

I'm running both the Wadia i170 and CLAS.  From a transport perspective to my ears, the audio of each is equivalent.  I like that the Wadia will charge my iPhone while it plays and CLAS will not.  However, CLAS takes it one step further than the Wadia i170 in that CLAS has a DAC and the Wadia i170 does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back