Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 3, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #256 of 1,793
its my experience that lipo cells are pretty indifferent to how often, or how deep, or not they are charged. they dont like overcharging and deep discharging cycles the battery, in that respect its better to not wait till you run it all the way down, but the cycle life on these things is in the thousands of charges, so i can bet you'll upgrade before battery becomes an issue.

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #259 of 1,793
There seems to be a fair bit of talk about the SR-71B and the CLAS is in this thread, and it was a strong contributor to my choice to pick them up. So just wanted to say thanks for all the input, and also especially to nc8000, mikemalter and cooperpwc. After reading all your comments a few pages back, it pretty much answer all my question and helped me understand all this gear a lot better.

And it really does sound everybit as awesome as it looks. Just need to get a 160gb Classic to finish it off, but the iPhone will do for now.

Some pics. :D

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #260 of 1,793
I think I've lost my charger for the CLAS, did this happen to any of you guys? Where can I get another one ? 

Thanks 

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #261 of 1,793
Yuceka, It's a pretty standard product. AC input. DC output is 5 volts, 2A or greater, centre positive plug. The only thing I can't tell you is the size of that plug. I would contact ALO. They can tell you the plug size and/or sell you a replacement.

(if you do find out the plug size, please let us know.)

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #263 of 1,793
Agree, thanks to guys here for poisoning us with the CLAS. It is really amazing how much detail in can retrieve from the ipod. My SM3x6 with the Pico slim all day now. The CLAS just gives the right amount of warmness to that set-up with the bass not as obtrusive anymore.

Just bought a second hand classic last night to ensure aural pleasure of at least 8 hours. 
wink_face.gif
 I just felt bad for my 6G nano.

I sense that the Classic sounds better than the 6G nano on the CLAS. Maybe it was just my brain. I don't want to use my 6G nano again on the CLAS though, so that's the end of the comparison.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #264 of 1,793

Quote:
There seems to be a fair bit of talk about the SR-71B and the CLAS is in this thread, and it was a strong contributor to my choice to pick them up. So just wanted to say thanks for all the input, and also especially to nc8000, mikemalter and cooperpwc. After reading all your comments a few pages back, it pretty much answer all my question and helped me understand all this gear a lot better.

And it really does sound everybit as awesome as it looks. Just need to get a 160gb Classic to finish it off, but the iPhone will do for now.

Some pics. :D

Love your photos.  I did the same thing you did at first.  Put the rubber feet at the bottom of the SR71-B.  Then I realized that it was upside down and removed them and put them on the other side.  However I should have left them as it took me a while to clean off the smutz.

I think you're going to love your setup.  I see you have a balanced output and I really like how that sounds.

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #265 of 1,793

Quote:
Very cool, Acesi7!

Thanks mate!
I'm really impressed with it. Got it burning away on my desk now, I've listened to it for about 4 hours total in 2 days, but had it burning for around 12+ hours. But it really does just bring out the pinnacle of portable sound from what I've heard. Very happy with this setup.
Quote:
Love your photos.  I did the same thing you did at first.  Put the rubber feet at the bottom of the SR71-B.  Then I realized that it was upside down and removed them and put them on the other side.  However I should have left them as it took me a while to clean off the smutz.

I think you're going to love your setup.  I see you have a balanced output and I really like how that sounds.

Haha, yeah I've already flipped it. Got the Solo on the bottom and the SR-71B on the top. Can't see the CypherLabs logo anymore, but just the clean black under carriage. Very appealling in my opinion.

And have yet to do the A/B compare with the Balanced vs. Singled ended with this amp. I've got a Female > Mini cable made up from TWag v2 also, so will do some compares once it's all got 100+ hours on it. By that stage I should have a fair grasp of the sound in Balanced and should pickup any differences in Single Ended.

Really is a lovely bit of kit though. Cheers for your input!

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #266 of 1,793

Very nice. Now you just need qusp's ra low profile usb cable. However those pictures confirm that the bulk is more than I could live with

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #267 of 1,793

Quote:
Very nice. Now you just need qusp's ra low profile usb cable. However those pictures confirm that the bulk is more than I could live with

Yeah it isn't what I would call 'pocket friendly'. But fits very nicely in my messenger bag which I have to take to work either way.
And the low profile USB cable you speak of sounds perfect... will PM qusp now... I was under the impression the one I was getting was low profile... It appears not :frowning2:

Can I please see a photo of the qusp Piccolino low profile lod you have?

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #270 of 1,793
Its your brain. No matter the iDevice you are using CLAS will always sound the same. They give a digital output and CLAS convert it to analog that is why it is called "digital to analog converter".

Quote:
Agree, thanks to guys here for poisoning us with the CLAS. It is really amazing how much detail in can retrieve from the ipod. My SM3x6 with the Pico slim all day now. The CLAS just gives the right amount of warmness to that set-up with the bass not as obtrusive anymore.

Just bought a second hand classic last night to ensure aural pleasure of at least 8 hours. 
wink_face.gif
 I just felt bad for my 6G nano.

I sense that the Classic sounds better than the 6G nano on the CLAS. Maybe it was just my brain. I don't want to use my 6G nano again on the CLAS though, so that's the end of the comparison.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back