Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 5, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #271 of 1,793
Qusp molds his cable connectors by hand so they can get very low profile and judging from the picture of his usb cable it is even lower profile than the one show in the previous post.

This is my low profile Piccolino dock that he made me, only 2 wires as the Piccolino is a coax cable

Quote:
Yeah it isn't what I would call 'pocket friendly'. But fits very nicely in my messenger bag which I have to take to work either way.
And the low profile USB cable you speak of sounds perfect... will PM qusp now... I was under the impression the one I was getting was low profile... It appears not :frowning2:

Can I please see a photo of the qusp Piccolino low profile lod you have?

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #273 of 1,793
Quote:
Cheers Paul. It was a swine to work with though, literally no room in there what so ever. You know what the nice thing is though? That cost me £4.50 for the donor left handed cable and about £2 for the Riddax dock connector. Oh and about 40 mins of my time....

Talented time....

(Actually qusp and I briefly discussed the possibility of a similar design but I determined that it would interfere with how I place my Pico Slim in the stack so we didn't pursue it further.)

Aug 5, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #276 of 1,793
Quote:
Hi, guys, how long does it take to get the clas fully charged? mine has been charged for over 6 hrs and the led thing is still flashing in red.

That doesn't sound healthy at all, as if you are stuck on a dying battery. My CLAS is green when charging and then flashing green when fully charged. Is your CLAS turned off while charging? Given your situation; it should be. 

Otherwise check with CL or ALO.

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #280 of 1,793

Quote:
Its your brain. No matter the iDevice you are using CLAS will always sound the same. They give a digital output and CLAS convert it to analog that is why it is called "digital to analog converter".

Conceptually, yes.  Practically, no.

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #281 of 1,793
Can you explain to me why "practically, no"? I thought iPod nano and iPod classic uses the same chip to put out their digital signal? From Electronics Engineer point of view both will give the same output and it will be converted into analog through the same device (CLAS) so both of them will sound the same. Conceptually or practically it will sound the same.

There is no way that it will sound different except one of them is broken and is not transferring bit perfect digital signal. And you can hear it clearly when the data is corrupt. You don't need a golden ear for this. It will just give garbage to your ear.

Quote:
Conceptually, yes.  Practically, no.

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #282 of 1,793
Quote:
Agree, thanks to guys here for poisoning us with the CLAS. It is really amazing how much detail in can retrieve from the ipod. My SM3x6 with the Pico slim all day now. The CLAS just gives the right amount of warmness to that set-up with the bass not as obtrusive anymore.

Just bought a second hand classic last night to ensure aural pleasure of at least 8 hours. 
wink_face.gif
 I just felt bad for my 6G nano.

I sense that the Classic sounds better than the 6G nano on the CLAS. Maybe it was just my brain. I don't want to use my 6G nano again on the CLAS though, so that's the end of the comparison.
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Its your brain. No matter the iDevice you are using CLAS will always sound the same. They give a digital output and CLAS convert it to analog that is why it is called "digital to analog converter".

Due to different devices or different audio output circuitries (different clocks, different sizes of internal buffers, different transmitters…), different digital audio output data flows with different levels of jitter supply different more or less pure waveforms and different more or less perfectly timed data to the CLAS.

About jitter:
[size=small][size=12.0pt]http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/jitter1_e.html[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=12.0pt]http://www.lessloss.com/page.html?id=40[/size][/size]

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #283 of 1,793
The CLAS is asynchronius and reclocks so that should not matter (in my understanding anyway)

Aug 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #284 of 1,793

In the asynchronous transfer mode, the digital audio output data are still transmitted by the iDevice or rhythmed by the transmitter clock of the iDevice.
And there are many asynchronous transfer modes: which one is the best, which one is the worst?

Malformed waveforms and imperfectly time-aligned data cannot be read properly by the CLAS, and reclocking cannot transmute incoming garbage data: garbage in, garbage out.

In a proper asynchronous transfer mode implementation, usually there are (almost) no imperfectly time-aligned data.

(in my understanding anyway :) ).

Aug 5, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #285 of 1,793

Quote:
Can you explain to me why "practically, no"? I thought iPod nano and iPod classic uses the same chip to put out their digital signal? From Electronics Engineer point of view both will give the same output and it will be converted into analog through the same device (CLAS) so both of them will sound the same. Conceptually or practically it will sound the same.

There is no way that it will sound different except one of them is broken and is not transferring bit perfect digital signal. And you can hear it clearly when the data is corrupt. You don't need a golden ear for this. It will just give garbage to your ear.

Software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back