Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #1,546 of 1,788
"I am about to order CLAS -dB with ALO balanced interconnect but looks like it's bit short to me.
I emailed ALO, and they told me that the cable length is 2 inches, I want to place sr71b side by side not on top of CLAS, would that work with ALO balanced cable ?"

Yes but you have to put the SR71B upside down.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #1,547 of 1,788
"I am about to order CLAS -dB with ALO balanced interconnect but looks like it's bit short to me.

I emailed ALO, and they told me that the cable length is 2 inches, I want to place sr71b side by side not on top of CLAS, would that work with ALO balanced cable ?"

Ya I figured out from the picture, I guess that balanced cable is ONLY designed for ALO amps.
Going to look for an alternative like Whiplash, BTG, Plussound Audio, Moon Audio, DoubleHelix, etc.

Many thanks !

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #1,548 of 1,788

Ya I figured out from the picture, I guess that balanced cable is ONLY designed for ALO amps.
Going to look for an alternative like Whiplash, BTG, Plussound Audio, Moon Audio, DoubleHelix, etc.

Many thanks !

Actually, in the picture it's the right side up if you lay it side by side. It's upside down in the picture.

I've long forgotten this embarrassing review I wrote :p.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #1,549 of 1,788

Many thanks !

Drew at Moon Audio is having a 10% off sale right now on the Cypher Labs Solo db, r, 720 DAC.  And he can make you a cable in whatever length you want.  I have not heard the Cypher Labs products, but I can attest to the quality of Moon Audio's cable work and quality.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #1,550 of 1,788
Drew at Moon Audio is having a 10% off sale right now on the Cypher Labs Solo db, r, 720 DAC.  And he can make you a cable in whatever length you want.  I have not heard the Cypher Labs products, but I can attest to the quality of Moon Audio's cable work and quality.

I just ordered Cypher Solo -dB from TTVJ for $509.00 :) Special of the day :)
Thanks for the info !
D.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #1,551 of 1,788
http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/interconnect.html

So many choices on wire types and I have to admit I am a noob when it comes to technical details :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,552 of 1,788
FYI, just emailed plusaudio and exact ALO Copper 22awg can be made with EXO serie 26/75 trans clear, any size from 4 to 12 inches is only $74.99. :)

ALO is 2 inches by the way.

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #1,553 of 1,788
I just bought a Solo R and Duet that I am using with my iPod touch.  Currently I am using a Cypher Labs single ended right angled mini to mini plug and the stock 30 pin to USB that came from CL.  I really love the sound I am experiencing, but was wondering about cables.  Copper vs silver on the mini to mini and if I should change the stock 30 pin cable.  Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #1,554 of 1,788
Save your money enjoy the unit as is. Although this my opinion .

Al

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #1,555 of 1,788
I don't get this. Can someone help me sort it out, please?

I have the following rig: “iPod Classic gen. 7” + “CLAS –dB” + “ALO Rx MK3-B”. As far as I understand I have now turned my iPod into a streaming hard disk with a fancy (the original) interface, right? Well, why then is the sound coming out of the amp affected by the EQ setting on the iPod. Is the EQ applied before the bits reach the DAC? How do we know the iPod DAC is bypassed? Maybe all this is just a hoax to rip us of our money, no?

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #1,556 of 1,788
  I just bought a Solo R and Duet that I am using with my iPod touch.  Currently I am using a Cypher Labs single ended right angled mini to mini plug and the stock 30 pin to USB that came from CL.  I really love the sound I am experiencing, but was wondering about cables.  Copper vs silver on the mini to mini and if I should change the stock 30 pin cable.  Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Considering the extremely short lengths of the cables and provided you use them in a normal environment without interference from strong electric currents and powerful radio waves, I would guess it doesn't matter what material they are. I'm sure few, very few would be able to hear any difference between balanced pure gold cables and single-ended common electric wire.

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #1,557 of 1,788
Good question and one only apple knows.
If the EQ is working and it does use the DSP
TO DO IT. And further more according to Dave
Of cypher labs. The bit rate is not more than
16/88.2. Either. Meaning the goodness of hibrez is not there
As I have the same setup as you.
It does sound great. I would pose the question to david directly
And post what he says here.
Al

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #1,559 of 1,788
  I have 2 Cypherlabs setups, on neither does the EQ on the ipods influence the sound (2 nanos of different generation)

Why so secretive?
confused_face_2.gif
 It doesn’t matter which one of my iDevices I connect to my "CLAS –dB", the EQ on all my iPods very palpably affects the sound coming out. These are the iPods that I have:

iPod Classic generation 7
iPod Video generation 5.5 (Doesn’t work with the CLAS at all, and I don’t expect it to either!)
iPod Touch generation 4
iPod nano generation 3

So, care to share your CLAS and iPod nano versions? Is there an official (or unofficial) list of CLAS compatible iDevices? Anyone else running CLAS with an iPod where the EQ affects the sound?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back