Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet
May 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #166 of 353
Who doesn't know that...? :wink: 

My question was to do with this situation:
- Where your source only outputs to single ended (e.g. ALO The Key)
- You want to connect your headphones to it through an RSA (even though you won't get the fully balanced sound improvements this way). 

So, single ended input to balanced output. My main concern was whether the balanced output would be active if the balanced input wasn't also being used. 

From my understanding, I think it wont be active just like you connect your iPod to solo r instead if solo db, then connect your duet through 3.5 with solo r,then connect your headphone to your amp though balanced you still don't get balanced.do you mean that? Or I get your question wrong?nvm :)

May 9, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #167 of 353
WOW!!!!!!!!! I'm very lucky to just getting cotnijoe's Duet, my I simply say, holy shiitzus,

it is a great marriage along with an -R, and my ASG-2s, in scientific terms it is magical,
atsmile.gif

May 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #172 of 353
You enjoy urself now my brotha
wink.gif

hey Cotnijoe, Thanks for my one more place! the Duets world that is,

Ipc(all wav from cd uncompressed) and solo db, in balanced mode.I just dont find it that good but this setup isnt bad.

for me it has alot to do with the synergy of components, and atm my synergy centers around my adorable and magically diliciously ASG-2s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I wish I had the tech speak to descride the synergy that the ASG-2 shares with the Duet

cuz I've been everywhere man, I've been everywhere man, across the W4s man, back thru the MDR's man,

most recent amp was Decwares Zen Head, what a bute she was, now can't hold a candle to this Duet, another graduation day for me!

my Digiziod ZOv1 has gotten me alot of that synergy, what an awesome little thumping  piece of gear it is! but now with the Duet there is NO more need for that little go getter? because the Duet does an amazing job controlling the ASG's monster bass and mids, and now the Duet is more then able to bring some ever so slight sparkle into the treble, making my ASGs sound spot on (well most of the time, well with some of my poorer recordings and all, but over all I am in bliss) and opening up the soundstage in an, I am in the third row hearing it all, if that's right, or more like I am there and hearing it in person effect?

anywho, my audio therapy is progressing even more nicely now thanks to the Duet!

and to some very very very very very very very very very great SYNERGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace!

Happy Listening!

May 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #177 of 353
Got my solo db with duet paired to he 500. Completely enjoying the rig.

is there any low battery status indicator in duet ?

Impressions? How's the pairing with the -dB? I'm unsure whether buying the -dB is the next step for me.

In my experience, the sound coming out fluctuates as well as its volume… then it dies. Unless there's an update, the blue light that indicates it's on doesn't change.

May 15, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #179 of 353
Haven't anything other than db for direct comparison. IMO its superior than my prev dacport lx.
pairing is one of the cleanest ouput u will get with neutral sound signature.

Lovely. It's another (previous) owner of the LX. Were you able to use your DACport LX with the Duet? Even if the comparison wouldn't be direct, what are the improvements of the -dB over the LX in terms of performance and not features?

May 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #180 of 353
a saturday report,

ggrrrr, wow what an amp!

this is an eerie sounding amp! I am reengaged with the music in the best of ways,

when I was first getting into audio, I started with a set of the morray razors and an Archos 704 player? and how I thought that that was the sh!t? I was just tickled pink with being able to listen to my music on the go, I was a huge dummy, I got into the audio world on a fluke, a friend of mine bought an older ipod, and I was amazed that you could listen on the run(iPods had been out for a loooong time, classic iPods where out at that time, lol) and that's what led me to the Archos? and so as if it where my first time again, I am just blown away but now starting out with awesome gear!!?? lol, this thing is an amazing amp!!! I though my first posting was going to be a fanboy post? but I am still just as blown away and amazed at the sound this beast has along with the ASG-2s,

the volume controler reminds me of Graham Slees Voyager, where increasing the the volume increases the amping aswell? if that makes sense, well whatever it's doing, it is increasing more then just the volume?!!!

"the Duet has an ultra low deep and clean background, with POWERFUL, BOLD, AUTHORATIVE, UBER EXPANSIVE BASS!!!" taken from the included manuel, but the bass doesn't cover up the mids or treble, those have benn included along with the bass, the treble seems to get a little hot on certain songs(poor recordings), but only a little, the soundstage is awesome, not the biggest but has ALOT of seperation and details! I am sure it has to do with the deep and cleen background, a front to back effect, not so much tall and wide, so more intimate, the Zenhead has a wide and very expansive SS, harder to fill up?

and so this little beastie is having an eerie effect on what I am hearing,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back