Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet
Mar 16, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #346 of 353
A new Duet owner here, and this thing drives my LCD X on balance to a level I've never heard before on portables. It satisfies my craving ear for that perfect sound stage that has a excellent imaging, placements, depth and layering. Simply musical amp 
L3000.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #347 of 353
  A new Duet owner here, and this thing drives my LCD X on balance to a level I've never heard before on portables. It satisfies my craving ear for that perfect sound stage that has a excellent imaging, placements, depth and layering. Simply musical amp 
L3000.gif

Yes it's hard to fault. I strongly compare it to my Aun1 B1 which cost A LOT less, and is hard to tell apart and was released after the Duet. The Duet used to be my best portable amp but the Aune B1 has replaced it being smaller and lighter. The battery life is not even close to the Duet only.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #348 of 353
I have B1. I'm gonna take a listen to them tonight..

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #349 of 353
  Yes it's hard to fault. I strongly compare it to my Aun1 B1 which cost A LOT less, and is hard to tell apart and was released after the Duet. The Duet used to be my best portable amp but the Aune B1 has replaced it being smaller and lighter. The battery life is not even close to the Duet only.

Sounds interesting. How does it perform with big cans like the Audezes? I was quite surprised how well the Duet can handle the LCD2...still waiting on my balanced cables but I was pleasantly surprised when i plugged my LCD-dap-Duet for the first time sans the Mojo in the stack.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #350 of 353
  Sounds interesting. How does it perform with big cans like the Audezes? I was quite surprised how well the Duet can handle the LCD2...still waiting on my balanced cables but I was pleasantly surprised when i plugged my LCD-dap-Duet for the first time sans the Mojo in the stack.

Don't have the Audezes, sorry.

May 14, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #351 of 353

The LCD2's great balanced out from the Duet.  Much better than single ended out.  

So do the HD800's and the HD650's sound great along with my Westone IEM's.     

For its size, battery life and cost the Duet is hard to beat.  Connect it balanced to its sister DAC and you have a great on the go or desktop rig.   Only downside I have with it is the weight especially when travelling short journeys on the plane and you only have 10kg hand luggage limit.   The amount of times I have also had to show Security at the airport that it plays music has also been an interesting experience.  When you see passengers next to you staring when you take it out and then you let them hear a song or two and see the look on their faces is most rewarding of all :)  

May 18, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #352 of 353
I'm letting go of my Duet if anyone is interested 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back