Customs that best matches the LCD2
Aug 21, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #17 of 30
Ok, thanks for the reply. You write some really amazing reviews, thanks for those as well.

Aug 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #18 of 30
How about Westone ES5 compared to LCD2 Rev2 , love the sound on the LCD2 but need a good IEM for isolation and very very good sound quality 

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #19 of 30
Hmmm... this thread makes wonder what IEMs can hold its weight with some of the technicalities and sound signature of the stax 007 or 009. (I'm aware the 007 and 009 are going to be technically proficient than any custom IEM). This is basically just for kicks

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread OP, but curiosity got the better of me 
wink_face.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
Hmmm... this thread makes wonder what IEMs can hold its weight with some of the technicalities and sound signature of the stax 007 or 009. (I'm aware the 007 and 009 are going to be technically proficient than any custom IEM). This is basically just for kicks

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread OP, but curiosity got the better of me 
wink_face.gif

What about the UE studio customs? They actually may be a little too clear, neutral though. Not sure...

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #21 of 30
No IEMs will sound in the level of performance to LCD 2 rev.1. But I can sort of see where that SE535 sounds similar to rev.1 comes from since I got the same feeling too when I first tired it on. I really did. Especially the mids.

Quote:
To my ears the SE535 isn't really close in level of performance nor in sound signature/presentation to the LCD-2 v1.

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #24 of 30

Quote:
What about the SE535 as compared to the rev.1? I haven't heard them but from what I have read they could be similar, with an emphasis on mids, loads of well defined mid-bass, mellowed out but clear highs. The LCD probably goes deeper though.

They are not similar at all in my opinion. The 535 doesn't have anything close to resembling the bass of the R1.  As for the mids, while both have an emphasis on the mids, the quality and timber is completely different. The 535 doesn't have the thick, rich sound of the LCD2s, and the timber is completely different as well.

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #25 of 30
The custom that has similar bass to the LCD2 R1 is the Merlins. However the mids and highs are different.

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
The custom that has similar bass to the LCD2 R1 is the Merlins. However the mids and highs are different.

could you elaborate on that more.. I'm in the midst of considering cancelling my JH3A order and I'm trying to decide what to get instead, and the merlin's are still on the list of candidates..

I'm an LCD-2 r2 owner, and like the rest of you, would love to shoot them with a shrink ray and stick them in my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back