CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #1,098 of 2,468
Did anyone ever get chance to pair f3 with nw-zx300? And howcan I get a custom design for f3, and how much will it cost?
Depends on how custom you want to get with your design. So far the most elaborate designs we made stay within +€75 extra range, and shouldn't exceed €100

Jun 1, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #1,101 of 2,468
I've been away on business for close to 3 weeks and had talked to Piotr at one point in time about a couple designs for the ME and one of those was because I'm a huge
NFL fan and my favorite team is the New Orleans Saints thus the design you see below. I think it looks great, thanks so much Piotr. I have to assume it's the first personalized sports team you've done?
20180601_134900~2.jpg20180601_135005~2.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #1,102 of 2,468
I've been away on business for close to 3 weeks and had talked to Piotr at one point in time about a couple designs for the ME and one of those was because I'm a huge
NFL fan and my favorite team is the New Orleans Saints thus the design you see below. I think it looks great, thanks so much Piotr. I have to assume it's the first personalized sports team you've done?
Really cool design!!!

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #1,103 of 2,468
Yes, I was also surprised. It is not bad and track-dependent, but the reason I chose FIBAE 2 instead of 3 was to have as calm top end as possible, I generally do not like bright sound head/earphones. and I generally do not use EQ in any setup, Fiio X5 has almost non-functioning EQ in the default app. And none of my headphone amps do have it as well.

I'm pairing my Fibae 2 with this cable and the Cayin N5II.

Yesterday, I listened to (old)rock/metal for about 3 hours, not noticing the time flying. On acoustic songs and well recorded live it is delightful. I've noticed a few times the sibilance fairly close but it didn't kill my funny musical experience.

Try Dire Straits - Your latest trick :)

Jun 2, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #1,104 of 2,468
That's really strange. I haven't heard my FIBAE 2 even come close to sibilant period. I wonder if you might have longer than average nozzles on yours?
Hmm, no, I would not say they are longer than usual. Hopefully this will disappear after a burn-in and with better cable.

I'm pairing my Fibae 2 with this cable and the Cayin N5II.

Yesterday, I listened to (old)rock/metal for about 3 hours, not noticing the time flying. On acoustic songs and well recorded live it is delightful. I've noticed a few times the sibilance fairly close but it didn't kill my funny musical experience.

Try Dire Straits - Your latest trick :)

Is this cable an improvement over the stock one? I have an eye on Cayin N5II also, wonder if this would be a huge improvement over Fiio X5 III with a modded software? I found stock sound of this DAP very slow and inarticulate, Fidelizer ROM was a good improvement. Did you audition other DAPs? Opus 1S, Ibasso DX90, Aune M1S, Xduoo X20 or any similarly priced ones? I had a pleasure of listening to Opus #2 with CA Andromeda, hadn't listened anything so impressive before or since.

Jun 2, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #1,105 of 2,468
Not that difficult to get something with better output than X5iii, since it has a very bland signature (as you said).
Opus #1/#1S are already a huge improvement if you can live without BT/WiFi but you'll get an awesome UI and excellent autonomy. Opus #1 can be bought for a miserable 200-250$ right now...
X20 doesn't have very good press (unlike X10) but I couldn't demo one.

Jun 3, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #1,106 of 2,468
Has anyone been able to compare Etymotic ER3XR/ER4XR with any of the Custom Art CIEMs? I really love how the Etymotic's sound but they are so damn uncomfortable. (I got me some custom tips for them but they are too shallow, makes them sibilant. Also get some bad occlusion effect with them.)

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #1,107 of 2,468
The ME clearly carries on the proud FIBAE tradition... it will be a while before a review but I like what I hear so far. I have three of the newest bass giants. If I feel inspired I might go for a mini roundup.

Attachments

• 20180603_071208.jpg
    20180603_071208.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #1,108 of 2,468
Is this cable an improvement over the stock one? I have an eye on Cayin N5II also, wonder if this would be a huge improvement over Fiio X5 III with a modded software? I found stock sound of this DAP very slow and inarticulate, Fidelizer ROM was a good improvement. Did you audition other DAPs? Opus 1S, Ibasso DX90, Aune M1S, Xduoo X20 or any similarly priced ones? I had a pleasure of listening to Opus #2 with CA Andromeda, hadn't listened anything so impressive before or since.

Honestly I don't know. I don't see much differences. However, when I used the stock cable with my Galaxy S5 today, I noticed the sound to be more fatiguing.

Jun 3, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #1,109 of 2,468
For those who don't follow American Football - this design is based on the helmet of the team:
new-orleans-saints-helmet.jpg

I don't think we've ever don't that much personalization based on a sports team - surely we've done some red IEMs with Manchester United logo, but this one is another tier indeed.

Has anyone been able to compare Etymotic ER3XR/ER4XR with any of the Custom Art CIEMs? I really love how the Etymotic's sound but they are so damn uncomfortable. (I got me some custom tips for them but they are too shallow, makes them sibilant. Also get some bad occlusion effect with them.)
Honestly, maybe FIBAE1, but it's still more bass heavy and fun. According to one customer FIBAE3 doesn't sound close to ER3XR (it was too dark for him) according to other customer FIBAE3 is good substitution for ER4XR. In other words, I don't think we have something that sounds exactly like Etymotics. You can also look up some second hand older models like Music One or Music Two - they might fit your preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back