CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #1,126 of 2,466
FIBAE3 sounds quite interesting. Do they respond well to EQ-ing?
The F3 is very interesting, as are all of the FIBAE models. I am not an EQ user but I am pondering what frequencies someone would want lift on with the F3.

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #1,127 of 2,466
I don't wrote about impedance, only output power and cable no change signature a day to night,
Guys let's don't misinform people here the signature of FIBAE IEMs won't change much on the sound source - the effects of sound sources are measurable. There might be small differences between source that have very very low and very very high impedance but nothing that would make a night and day difference like with old designs which can result in >5dB output differences. If you take the sources with output impedance that are close to each other the difference should be negligible.
Finally please note that because FIBAE IEMs have relatively low impedance they might not be suitable for some amplifiers designed for high impedance load - like tube amps - in that case the distortions would increase affecting the IEMs performance.
Cables - as proved pages ago do make a difference due to noticeable changes in cross-talk. It has been measured and confirmed.

I don't wrote about impedance in source, only for output power in source, in more power FIBAE3 have more treble. Change cables different very signature on Forza Claire Hybrid FIBAE3 is very dark, no brightness, no sparkle treble, on EA Eros II I have sparkle treble, forward vocals, very controlled bass, on stock cable FIBAE3 are flat. On DAP Cayin N5 II FIBAE3 are very dark, bass "bloated", on Fiio X7 dark, smooth, on AK1000SS very flat and analytics, on Shozy Alien+ are brightness, sparkle, with extended punch.

I now use EQ in Neutron Player Meizu Pro5, I have a little add 0,30dB to 3kHz, and 0.4 to 7kHz, because this smartphone not enough power to drive properly F3.

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #1,128 of 2,466
I don't wrote about impedance in source, only for output power in source, in more power FIBAE3 have more treble.
I would like to know calculations to support this theory
On DAP Cayin N5 II FIBAE3 are very dark, bass "bloated", on Fiio X7 dark, smooth, on AK1000SS very flat and analytics, on Shozy Alien+ are brightness, sparkle, with extended punch.
Plausible explanation is that each player has native EQ coded inside the software, which might be the case especially for Andro-based players - I remember some time ago there were revisions of software for example for X5 and some iBasso DAPs that changed how the player sounded. FIBAE won't work against actual EQ - which is fairly obvious.

Jun 4, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #1,129 of 2,466
For first quote. In higher power output than more treble, FIBAE3 get more sparkly. Check this on DAP/AMP with power output above 200mW and change gain. If player or amplifier have 5-50mW treble not expressive, not clear, a low presence.

For secondary quote I agree. In FIBAE3 everything depends of source and cable.

Jun 5, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #1,130 of 2,466
What is your experience with Fibae3 hiss? I'm using it with iBasso DX200 AMP 4 and Cowon Plenue R (both SE and balanced out) and original or aftermarket Forza Audio cables and my Fibae3 hisses quite a lot. This is slowly starting to drive me crazy as Piotr told me they never had any hiss issues reports...

Jun 5, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #1,131 of 2,466
What is your experience with Fibae3 hiss? I'm using it with iBasso DX200 AMP 4 and Cowon Plenue R (both SE and balanced out) and original or aftermarket Forza Audio cables and my Fibae3 hisses quite a lot. This is slowly starting to drive me crazy as Piotr told me they never had any hiss issues reports...
I haven't heard any hiss with FIBAE 3 but have only used it with AR-M20 so far. I've heard hiss with the AMP 4 is common but can't verify that as I don't have it.

Jun 5, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #1,132 of 2,466
I haven't heard any hiss with FIBAE 3 but have only used it with AR-M20 so far. I've heard hiss with the AMP 4 is common but can't verify that as I don't have it.
Never heard anything about AMP4 hiss (I know DX200 thread quite well). Anyway, the hiss is almost at the same level with AMP1 and 3 and even on Plenue R which is supposed to be very quiet... My Harmony 8.2 is almost dead silent on these two DAPs. I wonder where is the problem...

Jun 5, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #1,133 of 2,466
Never heard anything about AMP4 hiss (I know DX200 thread quite well). Anyway, the hiss is almost at the same level with AMP1 and 3 and even on Plenue R which is supposed to be very quiet... My Harmony 8.2 is almost dead silent on these two DAPs. I wonder where is the problem...
Time to admit that you have tinnitus? (I'm kidding!) :p

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #1,134 of 2,466

I only have Amp1 and Amp3, but I have never had issues with hiss and the F3... it could be a faulty amp module?

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #1,135 of 2,466

I have the F3 paired with the AMP4s, and no hiss whatsoever. AMP 1 is fine as well

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #1,136 of 2,466
Hi @piotrus-g, I'm a bit new here, but could I ask if there are any limitations to what you and your team can pull off with regards to CIEM design? I'm quite likely to pick up a FIBAE 2 for my next IEM, and after seeing some of the stuff CA has done, I've come up with quite an interesting design (or so it feels to me).

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #1,137 of 2,466
Hi @piotrus-g, I'm a bit new here, but could I ask if there are any limitations to what you and your team can pull off with regards to CIEM design? I'm quite likely to pick up a FIBAE 2 for my next IEM, and after seeing some of the stuff CA has done, I've come up with quite an interesting design (or so it feels to me).

Good question, man. I've often contemplated getting custom shells forged of walrus semen. Curious what the Polish sentiment is on that.

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #1,139 of 2,466
There's plenty for everyone.

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #1,140 of 2,466
Send us email with your design specs and we will let you know. If you are looking for extra customization just keep in mind that acrylic offers more than silicone.
Good question, man. I've often contemplated getting custom shells forged of walrus semen. Curious what the Polish sentiment is on that.
No experience in that department, walrus is not a species native to Poland.

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back