CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Nov 6, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #256 of 2,466
Well, I ended up ordering the Ei.3. This is my first foray into CIEM and the Ei.3 seems to do what I want and has a price point that suits me, if I get on with CIEMs I'll probably order something better next time. Though I'm sure these will be great. I've let Piotr go free with the design within the standard colours so hope for something cool but not TOO crazy :p I guess I'll see you guys over on the other threads. Cheers for your help and maybe I'll be back some day for some FIBAE action :D
Excellent choice, you'll love them! They were my first venture into higher end IEMs too and I still love them dearly. It is really nice to see that while I have slowly been building up experience with (much) more expensive IEMs, I never mind going back to my trusty Ei.3. They consistently impress me, often in ways that aren't obvious until you have listened to them for a long time, and are amazing value for money. Mine are not going to be replaced! :D

Now you just have the long agonising wait to deal with. :p

Nov 6, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #257 of 2,466
Well, I ended up ordering the Ei.3. This is my first foray into CIEM and the Ei.3 seems to do what I want and has a price point that suits me, if I get on with CIEMs I'll probably order something better next time. Though I'm sure these will be great. I've let Piotr go free with the design within the standard colours so hope for something cool but not TOO crazy :p I guess I'll see you guys over on the other threads. Cheers for your help and maybe I'll be back some day for some FIBAE action :D
Enjoy...let us know how your experience is

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #258 of 2,466
Thanks! :)

Yeah, dude. Whenever I write (whether it be impressions or reviews), I try to be as honest and unbiased as I can and weigh an IEM's pros against its cons in equal measure. With the FIBAE 2 - and especially taking into consideration its price and driver count - it doesn't really do anything wrong. It has its weak spots here and there, but - I have to admit - it is one banger of a product. :D

I haven't heard the SE846 in a while, but from what I can remember, they actually share a fair bit in common. They both carry darker tonalities and are slightly v-shaped in presentation. I remember the SE846 having more sub-bass rumble, but it lacks authority, leading to midrange bleed. The SE846's vocal presentation is lean, lacking naturalness and resolution, and the FIBAE 2 has a smoother treble too. I can give it another demo if you'd like, but if my memory serves me well, the FIBAE 2 is the better bang for the buck.
It will be great if you can help demo them :blush:

Nov 8, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #261 of 2,466
Nov 8, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #262 of 2,466
Considering the amount of cosmetic flair you have now with both my and Marcus's FIBAE IEMs, I can't wait to absolutely crumble your design team when the time comes. :wink:
Haha!
tumblr_myh0a6y4rX1sqdjd0o1_500.gif

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #263 of 2,466
Nov 9, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #267 of 2,466
Yeah man, eagerly awaiting the new FIBAE stuff.
Me too! I am sure there is some really exciting stuff coming, although that FIBAE Harmony I have been hoping for is still a long way out. (Not that the H8.2 is making my life easy at the moment. I just don't know where to source all the puppies from to bribe my wife! :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back