CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Nov 5, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #241 of 2,466
If you are coming from IE80 class headphones I think you will find the bass lacking, but I guess this means they are for massive bass heads? I never really thought of myself as a huge bass head until I tried the F2 and felt letdown by the bass... But I guess this is the difference dynamic drivers give?

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #242 of 2,466
That is a bit of a worry as I mainly listen to DnB. In particular the liquid funk variety. This is the kind I mostly like.

Do you think they’d be ok?

You may be better off with the ei3 which has apparently been tuned with that sort of music in mind.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #243 of 2,466
That is a bit of a worry as I mainly listen to DnB. In particular the liquid funk variety. This is the kind I mostly like.

Thanks for turning me on to that. Nice choice of music. Would you get a custom or universal? The bass is not the type of bass that will rattle your back teeth. I didn't hear a lot of bass in the track you posted. The bass is present in quality. It does create a nice overall warmth and knows it's place, no bleed, or boom that interferes with the mids.

Nov 6, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #244 of 2,466

Listening to the track on my F2's right now, and the bass is definitely present and perfectly level with the rest of the song; it's not overbearing, but it doesn't lag behind either. Rumble is awesome on this track. Like @shonik mentioned, if your reference is an IE80/IE800, then it won't have the hugeness of a dynamic driver, but those IEMs have ridiculous amounts of sub-bass anyways, so that's understandable. :) I may be hearing more bass on this track than @subguy812, but that could be attributed to our personal preferences, listening levels, and the fact that his is an acrylic universal and mine is a silicone custom. But yeah, this kind of music would work great on the F2's. But, if you want, I can demo the Ei.XX and the Ei.3 in a month's time and get back to you with a comparison.

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #246 of 2,466
Thanks for turning me on to that. Nice choice of music. Would you get a custom or universal? The bass is not the type of bass that will rattle your back teeth. I didn't hear a lot of bass in the track you posted. The bass is present in quality. It does create a nice overall warmth and knows it's place, no bleed, or boom that interferes with the mids.
I changed tips and gave another listen. This is part of the reason if I asked if you were interested in custom or universal. With the Final Audio tips the song has a nice even bass presence throughout the song. It sounds as if it blends very nicely with the rest of the music. When the bass first kicks in I did get a nice amount of rumble. In my opinion you could be very happy with this genre of music and the F2.

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #247 of 2,466
I changed tips and gave another listen. This is part of the reason if I asked if you were interested in custom or universal. With the Final Audio tips the song has a nice even bass presence throughout the song. It sounds as if it blends very nicely with the rest of the music. When the bass first kicks in I did get a nice amount of rumble. In my opinion you could be very happy with this genre of music and the F2.
I'm getting customs. I'm just wondering if i'd be better off with the EI.3 as they're not only cheaper which is beneficial with it being my first CIEM but also made for that kind of music.

It's so hard to pick!

Nov 6, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #251 of 2,466
I'm getting customs. I'm just wondering if i'd be better off with the EI.3 as they're not only cheaper which is beneficial with it being my first CIEM but also made for that kind of music.

It's so hard to pick!
I have the Ei.3 and I love them to bits. FIBAE-2 I demoed only briefly a few weeks ago at the Indulgence Show (not ideal conditions) and I was very impressed by them. On the website they are described as: "merging energetic and full-bodied bass of Ei.3 with high resolution and detail retrieval of Music Two". Now I never heard the Music Two, but I could readily recognise the low end that was very similar to my Ei.3 and on top of that some added clarity and sparkle. With the stock cable the FIBAE-2 sounded quite similar to my Ei.3 with Ares II and the sparkle they had was really very nice (nothing sharp or brittle at all).

There is a very short comparison between the FIBAE-2 and Ei.3 in the Headfonia review (page 3):
https://www.headfonia.com/review-customart-fibae-2-surprising/

To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with either and it will depend on your preferences. Certainly discuss it with Piotr, he is great in helping you decide!

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #252 of 2,466
I have the Ei.3 and I love them to bits. FIBAE-2 I demoed only briefly a few weeks ago at the Indulgence Show (not ideal conditions) and I was very impressed by them. On the website they are described as: "merging energetic and full-bodied bass of Ei.3 with high resolution and detail retrieval of Music Two". Now I never heard the Music Two, but I could readily recognise the low end that was very similar to my Ei.3 and on top of that some added clarity and sparkle. With the stock cable the FIBAE-2 sounded quite similar to my Ei.3 with Ares II and the sparkle they had was really very nice (nothing sharp or brittle at all).

There is a very short comparison between the FIBAE-2 and Ei.3 in the Headfonia review (page 3):
https://www.headfonia.com/review-customart-fibae-2-surprising/

To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with either and it will depend on your preferences. Certainly discuss it with Piotr, he is great in helping you decide!

Comparing their hollow acrylic demos, I can confirm that the FIBAE 2 and the Music Two sound very much alike from the midrange up; the former has more bass by a significant margin, while the Music Two is closer to neutral down low.

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #253 of 2,466
Comparing their hollow acrylic demos, I can confirm that the FIBAE 2 and the Music Two sound very much alike from the midrange up; the former has more bass by a significant margin, while the Music Two is closer to neutral down low.
Thanks! Seems pretty spot on then! :D

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #254 of 2,466
He'll be greatly helping me on Facebook chat but I'm just so indecisive I imagine he can't wait to see the back of me haha
Haha, don't worry. My patience can take a lot :wink: especially since we are typically first choice for customers entering cIEMs realms.
Haha :D Has he heard the song you linked? Usually that's what helps most when deciding between models.
For D&B, ambient, EDM in general etc Ei.3 will be more than enough, especially for the first cIEMs. FIBAE 2 would only be better if the spectrum of music was more demanding and ranging say from rock to jazz, to EDM. If it's only EDM => Ei.3

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #255 of 2,466
Well, I ended up ordering the Ei.3. This is my first foray into CIEM and the Ei.3 seems to do what I want and has a price point that suits me, if I get on with CIEMs I'll probably order something better next time. Though I'm sure these will be great. I've let Piotr go free with the design within the standard colours so hope for something cool but not TOO crazy :p I guess I'll see you guys over on the other threads. Cheers for your help and maybe I'll be back some day for some FIBAE action :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back