CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Aug 10, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #91 of 2,471
these Fun, Insanely Bad-Ass Earphones

Bravo @piotrus-g! Bravo! :D :D

Oh so that's what FIBAE stands for is it? Did wonder :):)

All these positive impressions isn't making the wait for mine any easier you know. Still about 2-3 weeks away apparently.

Duude prog-metal and djenty stuff is where it's at!

More into prog rock than metal, though I do dabble a little here and there.

Was wondering if the impressions I sent in this time were any easier to work with than the last couple btw?

Cheers

Aug 11, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #92 of 2,471
You know, they say the only colour you're allowed to layer on top of gold... is gold itself...

They're here... and they're BEAUTIFUL!

Gold-leaf-adorned black cut-out faceplates with my signature on the right, and a home-made F2 logo on the left.

The gold engravings may be difficult to tell apart from the gold leaf in the photo, but they sparkle differently and contrast beautifully in real life. The shell is also black infused with gold mica powder that's undetectable on certain angles, and only visible when struck by light. I both love and hate how my FIBAE 2's most stunning features are literally impossible to capture on camera, but I guess it only adds to the allure.

In terms of fit, these gems are nothing short of perfect. Putting them in my ears for the very first time was a struggle to say the least, having never worn a silicone-shelled IEM before. Once I mustered up the courage (and arm grease) to really push them in though, they popped right in and fit like a proper pair of gloves. Even pressure everywhere, and having enough flex to eliminate any gaps or air pockets that may form with my acrylic monitors. Awesome!

And, they don't sound half-bad either :wink: Jokes aside, the FIBAE 2 have a clear, open, and buttery smooth sound that's capable of being both lively and fun, and seductive and gossomer. From bottom-to-top they have a warmth and energy that's pleasant, exciting, and addictive from first listen. Bass notes are rounded, thick, and punch very naturally, mids are warm, neutrally placed, yet exceptionally layered (especially for an IEM at this price), and the treble is natural, linear, open, and clear, with neither the general amount nor sharpness to induce any shrillness or harshness.

Soundstage and separation is where I've noticed the largest difference between the CanJam demo unit I tried months ago and my custom unit. I don't know if it's a custom-vs-universal difference, or if it's simply my memory, but the unit I'm hearing now has a significantly larger soundstage and has greater layering, depth-wise especially. Although it may not have the imaging, ultimate resolution, or rumble of my H8.2, the FIBAE 2 is, IMO, more open-sounding, more lively, and just a crap ton of fun to listen to.

I'm 100% sure New Toy Syndrome has at least a tiny part in this but I am totally in love with my FIBAE 2. It's so very refreshing to know that I can listen to my SGD 3.5k EE Zeus-XR and to these SGD 1k FIBAE 2's and receive the same amount of joy. I can't analyze a recording with these like I can with the XR, but the XR has never made me head bang to Animals as Leaders the way I'm doing now. They're fun, unapologetic, and, from top to bottom (and to the budget CIEM world :p), they pack one hell of a punch!

I hope all of you have 475 Euros to spare, 'cus you'll wanna get yourself a pair of these Fun, Insanely Bad-Ass Earphones :wink:

Blimey! That is indeed a very beautiful design @Deezel177! I was wondering what it would look like and did not expect this, but even on the pictures it looks stunning. I can't imagine what they look like in real life. Another amazing job by @piotrus-g!

Enjoy! :)

Aug 11, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #93 of 2,471
Was wondering if the impressions I sent in this time were any easier to work with than the last couple btw?
Umm I would say there's not much difference really. Your impressions were always well made (all bends, full concha, no dents) so they are easy to work with.

Blimey! That is indeed a very beautiful design @Deezel177! I was wondering what it would look like and did not expect this, but even on the pictures it looks stunning. I can't imagine what they look like in real life. Another amazing job by @piotrus-g!

Enjoy! :)
Thank you!

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #94 of 2,471
Oh so that's what FIBAE stands for is it? Did wonder :):)

All these positive impressions isn't making the wait for mine any easier you know. Still about 2-3 weeks away apparently.

More into prog rock than metal, though I do dabble a little here and there.

Cheers

i myself am a prog head too i hope fibae's won't do any bad things with older records :p

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #95 of 2,471
i myself am a prog head too i hope fibae's won't do any bad things with older records :p

The FIBAE 2 is super smooth and will treat older recordings with kindness. The Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix soundtrack sounds as awesome as ever on them :D

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #96 of 2,471
You know, they say the only colour you're allowed to layer on top of gold... is gold itself...

They're here... and they're BEAUTIFUL!

Gold-leaf-adorned black cut-out faceplates with my signature on the right, and a home-made F2 logo on the left.

The gold engravings may be difficult to tell apart from the gold leaf in the photo, but they sparkle differently and contrast beautifully in real life. The shell is also black infused with gold mica powder that's undetectable on certain angles, and only visible when struck by light. I both love and hate how my FIBAE 2's most stunning features are literally impossible to capture on camera, but I guess it only adds to the allure.

In terms of fit, these gems are nothing short of perfect. Putting them in my ears for the very first time was a struggle to say the least, having never worn a silicone-shelled IEM before. Once I mustered up the courage (and arm grease) to really push them in though, they popped right in and fit like a proper pair of gloves. Even pressure everywhere, and having enough flex to eliminate any gaps or air pockets that may form with my acrylic monitors. Awesome!

And, they don't sound half-bad either :wink: Jokes aside, the FIBAE 2 have a clear, open, and buttery smooth sound that's capable of being both lively and fun, and seductive and gossomer. From bottom-to-top they have a warmth and energy that's pleasant, exciting, and addictive from first listen. Bass notes are rounded, thick, and punch very naturally, mids are warm, neutrally placed, yet exceptionally layered (especially for an IEM at this price), and the treble is natural, linear, open, and clear, with neither the general amount nor sharpness to induce any shrillness or harshness.

Soundstage and separation is where I've noticed the largest difference between the CanJam demo unit I tried months ago and my custom unit. I don't know if it's a custom-vs-universal difference, or if it's simply my memory, but the unit I'm hearing now has a significantly larger soundstage and has greater layering, depth-wise especially. Although it may not have the imaging, ultimate resolution, or rumble of my H8.2, the FIBAE 2 is, IMO, more open-sounding, more lively, and just a crap ton of fun to listen to.

I'm 100% sure New Toy Syndrome has at least a tiny part in this but I am totally in love with my FIBAE 2. It's so very refreshing to know that I can listen to my SGD 3.5k EE Zeus-XR and to these SGD 1k FIBAE 2's and receive the same amount of joy. I can't analyze a recording with these like I can with the XR, but the XR has never made me head bang to Animals as Leaders the way I'm doing now. They're fun, unapologetic, and, from top to bottom (and to the budget CIEM world :p), they pack one hell of a punch!

I hope all of you have 475 Euros to spare, 'cus you'll wanna get yourself a pair of these Fun, Insanely Bad-Ass Earphones :wink:

Hey Deezel - how are you getting on with the FIBAE 2 since you last posted? Now that the 'new toy syndrome' has had time to wear off, are you still in love with them? Any updated thoughts on how they are sounding after a bit of burn in? :ksc75smile:

I'm waiting on mine - it's 4/5 weeks in now so I'm getting a bit restless, as I can't wait to get them (hopefully before my holiday comes round, so I can put some serious listening time in!) :grinning: :fingers_crossed:

:beerchug:

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #97 of 2,471
Hey Deezel - how are you getting on with the FIBAE 2 since you last posted? Now that the 'new toy syndrome' has had time to wear off, are you still in love with them? Any updated thoughts on how they are sounding after a bit of burn in? :ksc75smile:

I'm waiting on mine - it's 4/5 weeks in now so I'm getting a bit restless, as I can't wait to get them (hopefully before my holiday comes round, so I can put some serious listening time in!) :grinning: :fingers_crossed:

:beerchug:

Well, unfortunately, I haven't had the time to listen to them as much as I'd like due to some recording and mixing work I've had to do for the past couple weeks. But, I have spent probably 8-10ish hours with them and I still enjoy them immensely. I haven't found any bugging flaws, nor has it failed to continually excite and engage me with its wholly fun signature. I don't know if they've really changed with break-in, but comfort-wise, they're now fitting better (less tight) and pop in and out without any difficulty. I think the next step in enjoying these FIBAE 2's is an upgrade cable. I'm currently looking at the Music Sanctuary x Effect Audio collaboration, Eos, which will hopefully give me a boost in resolution and air. Who knows, I might even go for a different cable to bring that midrange forward a bit :D Suffice to say, the FIBAE 2 is an instantly lovable IEM, and will be an absolute joy to listen to, as long as you know what you're getting yourself into. I still can't mix or analyse on them, which is why I've been using my Zeus-XR's for the past few days at work, but for general listening, I'd say they're definitely on par enjoyment-wise. Hopefully yours come in soon man, cheers!

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #98 of 2,471
Well, unfortunately, I haven't had the time to listen to them as much as I'd like due to some recording and mixing work I've had to do for the past couple weeks. But, I have spent probably 8-10ish hours with them and I still enjoy them immensely. I haven't found any bugging flaws, nor has it failed to continually excite and engage me with its wholly fun signature. I don't know if they've really changed with break-in, but comfort-wise, they're now fitting better (less tight) and pop in and out without any difficulty. I think the next step in enjoying these FIBAE 2's is an upgrade cable. I'm currently looking at the Music Sanctuary x Effect Audio collaboration, Eos, which will hopefully give me a boost in resolution and air. Who knows, I might even go for a different cable to bring that midrange forward a bit :D Suffice to say, the FIBAE 2 is an instantly lovable IEM, and will be an absolute joy to listen to, as long as you know what you're getting yourself into. I still can't mix or analyse on them, which is why I've been using my Zeus-XR's for the past few days at work, but for general listening, I'd say they're definitely on par enjoyment-wise. Hopefully yours come in soon man, cheers!

Sounds like you are still enjoying them, even if you've not had as much time with them as you'd have liked! I won't be doing any mixing or analytical listening with them - I just want some fun listening with these and to enjoy the music - that's what it's really all about isn't it!? :L3000: Good to know that they are on a par (enjoyment-wise) with the Zeus, as that has been on my radar for a while and I have no way of comparing these two side by side where I live!

You will have to let us know what the Music Sanctuary x Effect Audio collaboration, Eos, does to the sound after you've auditioned it. I've just got the EA Ares II and wonder what that will do to the sound of the FIBAE 2. I like it with my EE Spartan's and will look forward to trying it out on the F2 when I get them through.

Cheers :beerchug:

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #99 of 2,471
Sounds like you are still enjoying them, even if you've not had as much time with them as you'd have liked! I won't be doing any mixing or analytical listening with them - I just want some fun listening with these and to enjoy the music - that's what it's really all about isn't it!? :L3000: Good to know that they are on a par (enjoyment-wise) with the Zeus, as that has been on my radar for a while and I have no way of comparing these two side by side where I live!

You will have to let us know what the Music Sanctuary x Effect Audio collaboration, Eos, does to the sound after you've auditioned it. I've just got the EA Ares II and wonder what that will do to the sound of the FIBAE 2. I like it with my EE Spartan's and will look forward to trying it out on the F2 when I get them through.

Cheers :beerchug:

Yes, these IEMs are all about fun and I'm sure you'll enjoy them when you get them. I was completely surprised at their versatility when I first tried them out at CanJam; forgiving, smooth, and slightly V-shaped is definitely a winning recipe :D The Zeus and the F2 fulfil my needs in completely different ways, but I get the same amount of joy listening to them both, so that should tell you how much I love these things. I'll definitely post impressions of the Eos when I eventually audition them. It's looking like I'll be visiting Singapore next month at the earliest, and early November at the latest, so expect impressions of both the Eos and (hopefully) several new IEMs by then :wink:

Sep 5, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #101 of 2,471
IMG_0744.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg

Couple of shots of my Fibae 2's that are winging there way to me atm. Might get them by the weekend, though more likely next week (actually what will probably happen is that they will land at the local depot friday evening and then sit there all weekend :frowning2: :) )

Simple smoke design, non recessed sockets.

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #103 of 2,471
I don't see how the inductive behavior of a BA can be changed. Is it just a capacitor in parallel to ground, like a Zobel circuit?

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #105 of 2,471
I've been made aware of this FIBAE 1 and 2 review posted on Korean blog http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=gre_nada&logNo=221002961385 You can use Google translate to get a good idea (in case you don't read Korean), measurements are ok, but bare in mind those are universal fit units measured with non-stock tips - which ultimately create some difference compared to custom unit.
I think the biggest take away for the folks in this thread are impedance/phase graphs and the very last graph showing what happens (or actually showing that nothing happens) when you add 90 (!) Ohm resistor to FIBAE2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back