CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Aug 3, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #61 of 2,466
My pair of FIBAE 2 just arrived ... I was only able to make a very quick fit 'n sound test as I am still at work ... but so far it's promising ... more in a a few days when I have settled in with my first set of "real" in-ears

Nice! My pair have been sitting at MS for the past week or two and I can only have someone collect them for me next Wednesday. I've been sent pictures though from the the MS guys and they look pretty friggin' sick if I may say so myself.

Aug 3, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #62 of 2,466
My pair of FIBAE 2 just arrived ... I was only able to make a very quick fit 'n sound test as I am still at work ... but so far it's promising ... more in a a few days when I have settled in with my first set of "real" in-ears
Just FYI, due to your ear canals which are fairly small (~3mm diameter) we had to modify the sound bores a little bit - so the dual bores merge into larger one. It has some impact on higher frequencies and slightly changed some peak, but it shouldn't be major difference, the core of the sound is definitely FIBAE2.
Nice! My pair have been sitting at MS for the past week or two and I can only have someone collect them for me next Wednesday. I've been sent pictures though from the the MS guys and they look pretty friggin' sick if I may say so myself.
Yup pretty freaking nice design, so much work went into it... :p

Aug 3, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #63 of 2,466
Just FYI, due to your ear canals which are fairly small (~3mm diameter) we had to modify the sound bores a little bit - so the dual bores merge into larger one. It has some impact on higher frequencies and slightly changed some peak, but it shouldn't be major difference, the core of the sound is definitely FIBAE2.

Yup pretty freaking nice design, so much work went into it... :p

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the epitome of how much Custom Art cares for their customers. A special bespoke acoustic design for one customer when it would've been 1000x easier to say "Woops, your ears are too small," and a special cosmetic design (that was initially made for acrylic) adapted to silicone for another. You the man, @piotrus-g, can't wait to pick up and enjoy my FIBAE 2's! :D

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #65 of 2,466

Sorry ... *hides*

This is why I went for a custom IEM after searching a universal IEM that fits my wierd ears for years ... and not finding one.

currently listening to them. OK, I can not compare to a "normal" FIBAE2 but so far I am really happy with how they sound. Currently I am running them from my home system out of a Neve RNHP.

I think my ears need to get used to in ears first. Never had one in there before for a longer time so it still feels a bit wierd. It feels like a bit of pressure in the ear canal but I guess that is needed to get a proper seal. My ears just need to get used to that feeling :)

(yes, even that super narrow CIEM housing still fills out my whole ear canal :wink: )

Thanks a lot for the great work ... I will also make some photos of them soon and post them here

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #66 of 2,466
I think my ears need to get used to in ears first. Never had one in there before for a longer time so it still feels a bit wierd. It feels like a bit of pressure in the ear canal but I guess that is needed to get a proper seal. My ears just need to get used to that feeling :)
Yes, that's quite normal for first cIEMs. take your time to get used to it.

Aug 3, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #67 of 2,466
Just grabbed my photo equipment and took some photos of the FIBAE2

- transparent black body
- ear canal in red/blue transparent
- faceplates icewood black
- logos in silver negative

20170803-IMGP6244.jpg
20170803-IMGP6246.jpg
20170803-IMGP6247.jpg
20170803-IMGP6250.jpg
20170803-IMGP6244.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #68 of 2,466
Very nice clean design there. My imagination or is your right ear smaller than the left? I have similar issues with universals (even your's piotr!) so really hoping the fibae fits well this time. That Icewood Black really blends well.

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #69 of 2,466
Just grabbed my photo equipment and took some photos of the FIBAE2

- transparent black body
- ear canal in red/blue transparent
- faceplates icewood black
- logos in silver negative

Wow looks like you can even slide some eartips to it and call it a universal!

Aug 4, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #70 of 2,466
Very nice clean design there. My imagination or is your right ear smaller than the left? I have similar issues with universals (even your's piotr!) so really hoping the fibae fits well this time. That Icewood Black really blends well.

The outer ear are relatively similar. But the ear canal is significantly smaller on my right ear than on the left.

Wow looks like you can even slide some eartips to it and call it a universal!

Most likely ... put a foam tip on it and it will fit into most ears out there :wink:

So happy about @piotrus-g and his team making these for me so that I finally have an IEM that fits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back