CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #47 of 2,466
Hi there, looking to buy a ciem for my father. He repeatedly makes me feel bad for not giving one of mine, but he doesn't understand they are my babies :D

Anyways, he mostly listens to classical music like Vivaldi, pipe organ music, as well as medium to high pitched choir vocals. I asked Erik about his Ei.3, but he said to take a look at Fibae models as the Ei.3 might be a bit too smooth to fully capture the high notes. So Piotr or others, would you recommend the Fibae 1 or 2?

Also @piotrus-g, he will use them for cycling so minimum protrusion out of the ear is also important, if it makes any difference between the models? (But for 1-2 drivers it most likely doesn't I guess).

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #48 of 2,466
Hi there, looking to buy a ciem for my father. He repeatedly makes me feel bad for not giving one of mine, but he doesn't understand they are my babies :D

Anyways, he mostly listens to classical music like Vivaldi, pipe organ music, as well as medium to high pitched choir vocals. I asked Erik about his Ei.3, but he said to take a look at Fibae models as the Ei.3 might be a bit too smooth to fully capture the high notes. So Piotr or others, would you recommend the Fibae 1 or 2?

Also @piotrus-g, he will use them for cycling so minimum protrusion out of the ear is also important, if it makes any difference between the models? (But for 1-2 drivers it most likely doesn't I guess).
Hey man! In my opinion FIBAE1 would be better for classical, unless your father enjoys smoother, darker signature (say HD-650ish). For acrylic the size won't be a problem really as long as his ears are at least of average size.

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #49 of 2,466
Hey man! In my opinion FIBAE1 would be better for classical, unless your father enjoys smoother, darker signature (say HD-650ish). For acrylic the size won't be a problem really as long as his ears are at least of average size.
Thanks Piotr, will get in touch when he has his impressions made. Glad to see it's the cheaper option hehe. What I meant with the size, is if you can make it as flat as possible(?) so he doesn't get much wind noise as he cycles at good speed for several hours.

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #50 of 2,466
What I meant with the size, is if you can make it as flat as possible(?) so he doesn't get much wind noise as he cycles at good speed for several hours.
Yeah I understood that, but if the ears are small the shells have to be higher in order to fit the driver(s). FIBAE 1 and 2 in acrylic would require small to average sized ear in order to do them fairly low profile.

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #51 of 2,466
Yeah I understood that, but if the ears are small the shells have to be higher in order to fit the driver(s). FIBAE 1 and 2 in acrylic would require small to average sized ear in order to do them fairly low profile.
Ah gotcha!

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #52 of 2,466
Just placed an order for the FIBAE 2! They already have my impressions so countdown begins. Thanks for the help with payment Piotr.

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #54 of 2,466
Piotr just informed me that my FIBAE 2 are in final assembly ... they should be shipped soon

I hope that they fit fine (not sure with my wierd ear canals ... Piotr knows what I am talking about) and that I will be able to give you some impressions soon

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #55 of 2,466
Awesome man!

Didn't happen, had to go to the doctors to get some troublesome wax sorted out, doctor managed to remove with a wax hook luckily but slightly irritated my inner ear so no impressions for a couple of weeks, I'll get there in the end providing the offer is still open :D

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #56 of 2,466
Piotr just informed me that my FIBAE 2 are in final assembly ... they should be shipped soon

I hope that they fit fine (not sure with my wierd ear canals ... Piotr knows what I am talking about) and that I will be able to give you some impressions soon

You and I ought to compare notes sometime!

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #57 of 2,466
Didn't happen, had to go to the doctors to get some troublesome wax sorted out, doctor managed to remove with a wax hook luckily but slightly irritated my inner ear so no impressions for a couple of weeks, I'll get there in the end providing the offer is still open :D

Ouch! I had similar issues when having mine done. Right was done first time (after getting a hair wash as the nurse accidentally triggered the spray), left didn't want to know and had to give it an extra week. Was quite surprised at the amount of wax that came out. Worth it though in the end.

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #58 of 2,466
Ouch! I had similar issues when having mine done. Right was done first time (after getting a hair wash as the nurse accidentally triggered the spray), left didn't want to know and had to give it an extra week. Was quite surprised at the amount of wax that came out. Worth it though in the end.

Yep, mine was only my left ear, got told it was a small amount yet what she managed to pull out was quite impressive :grimacing: it was either she try with the wax hook (as it was quite deep) or irrigation, so kinda happy she managed to do it there and then (saved the NHS an extra appointment too)

Aug 1, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #59 of 2,466
Yep, mine was only my left ear, got told it was a small amount yet what she managed to pull out was quite impressive :grimacing: it was either she try with the wax hook (as it was quite deep) or irrigation, so kinda happy she managed to do it there and then (saved the NHS an extra appointment too)
Oh dear, if you have had to do that through the NHS it could have taken years! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I remember trying to book an emergency appointment with my GP because I was on dangerous medication and had spent the night with symptoms of an overdose. The response: "Sure, I can book you in three weeks from now."

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #60 of 2,466
My pair of FIBAE 2 just arrived ... I was only able to make a very quick fit 'n sound test as I am still at work ... but so far it's promising ... more in a a few days when I have settled in with my first set of "real" in-ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back