CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #121 of 2,466
Well the hurricane has slowed FedEx way down. My IEM finally made it to Florida and I told them to hold it at the FedEx depot so I could pick it up, their delivery schedule is understandably slow. I am sure the 40 minute drive will be worth my while.

Have fun when you get them! Hope you get a good fit with them as well :)

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #122 of 2,466
Have fun when you get them! Hope you get a good fit with them as well :)
Well they are actually for review so it is a universal.

20170914_121108_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #123 of 2,466
I was very impressed by the FIBAE models when I tried them in London some time ago. Would really want to try them out again. This could probably be one of the major reasons I'll go to the Indulgence Show later this month!

If I remember correctly there should also be a prototype FIBAE - any news? :)

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #124 of 2,466
My FIBAE2 Univeral's just arrived today (just in time for my holidays - thanks @piotrus-g for getting these to me in time :thumbsup: really appreciated).

Had 30 or so minutes with them straight out of the box and the fit is perfect - very comfortable - and build quality is great. Not so keen on the stock (plastics one) cable they come with, so I swapped out the cable to the Effect Audio Ares II after 15 minutes and HOLY CRAP this makes a BIG difference to the sound quality of these things - opens everything up and makes quite a noticeable difference compared to stock and will be a recommended upgrade I am sure once I have had more time with them. Only problem is, I think I will have to buy another Ares II cable, so I don't have to keep swapping it around with my Spartan all the time!! :thinking:

I don't really get on with silicone tips, so straight out of box put Comply tips on them. Not sure these are the best for the F2 but will do some tip rolling whilst on holiday to see how others change the sound and fit.

Looking forward to having some fun with these on holidays now...........:ksc75smile:

FIBAE2.jpg

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #126 of 2,466
I was very impressed by the FIBAE models when I tried them in London some time ago. Would really want to try them out again. This could probably be one of the major reasons I'll go to the Indulgence Show later this month!

If I remember correctly there should also be a prototype FIBAE - any news? :)
Thanks! The FIBAE 1 and 2 will be presented by aid2hearing - our London distributor so you are welcome to stop by and have a listen
We won't be presenting any prototypes unfortunately, those are still in works.

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #127 of 2,466
CustomArt fit is consistently one of the best in my experience. 3 CIEMs and no refits, all correct on the first try!

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #129 of 2,466
I have some very positive impressions with the Fibae 2 so far. I swapped out the cable, Whiplash SPC, and am using the JVC Spiral Dot tips, which have a wide bore, and am presently listening to the Opus#2 on SE output but I have also tried my LG G6 and Shanling M2s. I know that CA designs customs but I have see the universal model above and a proper eartip is critical with universal. I do not think the Comply tip would be the direction I would go with the F2. I will also try the Final Audio tips which are my go to medium bore tips. I am not having any issues with the wide bore JVC. Sometimes when you use a wide bore tip with an IEM that is prone to harsh treble the more narrow bore tames that, It is obvious to me that the F2 has a sweet treble. The seal and bore appear very important here as I had a less than perfect seal at first and was getting some treble "smearing" ie chhh sound cymbals as opposed to shhh natural sound.

I will try to listen to the stock cable mostly because I will be working on a review in a few weeks, but I am enjoying the sound with my after market SPC cable and I am curious to hear the Ares II next. I will try a couple of other cables soon but I am really digging what I am hearing, I am sure when I switch to the balanced Ares II cable it may improve more. These are smooth and yet engaging as hell with a wonderful sub bass and details throughout. I will dedicate my listening solely to the F2 over the next couple of weeks as to give a quality review.

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #130 of 2,466
Where do you get Final Audio tips from? Spiral dot tips seem popular but alas unavailable in the uk unless through ebay.

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #132 of 2,466
I am interested in hearing more comments from the FIBAE 2 owners. I have dedicated my listening to only the FIBAE 2 since I am demoing them for a review. After tip rolling and cable rolling I am confident to say...who needs driver wars, these things kick ass. If they continue to grow on me Piotr may have to send a search party to get them back from me :) Nice small footprint in the ear, wonderful sub bass, kicks without over kicking, with a great seal there is no harshness in the treble regions. My review will be written using the stock cable but I have found that giving them quality cables and sources the FIBAE 2 definitely rise to the occasion.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #133 of 2,466
I am interested in hearing more comments from the FIBAE 2 owners. I have dedicated my listening to only the FIBAE 2 since I am demoing them for a review. After tip rolling and cable rolling I am confident to say...who needs driver wars, these things kick ass. If they continue to grow on me Piotr may have to send a search party to get them back from me :) Nice small footprint in the ear, wonderful sub bass, kicks without over kicking, with a great seal there is no harshness in the treble regions. My review will be written using the stock cable but I have found that giving them quality cables and sources they FIBAE 2 definitely rise to the occasion.

Unfortunately, I've been swamped with recording projects recently and so I've spent a ton more time on my XR than on my FIBAE 2. With that said though, I very much agree with your impressions; they are indeed spectacular fun! On the subject of upgrade cables, I've paired my FIBAE 2 with a PlusSound Exo Tri-Metal cable which has given the F2 some much-needed warmth and forwardness in the midrange. The soundstage has become taller as well, but less deep due to the added intimacy. It's a beautiful combo I can only hope to spend more time with in the coming days :D

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #134 of 2,466
I am interested in hearing more comments from the FIBAE 2 owners. I have dedicated my listening to only the FIBAE 2 since I am demoing them for a review. After tip rolling and cable rolling I am confident to say...who needs driver wars, these things kick ass. If they continue to grow on me Piotr may have to send a search party to get them back from me :) Nice small footprint in the ear, wonderful sub bass, kicks without over kicking, with a great seal there is no harshness in the treble regions. My review will be written using the stock cable but I have found that giving them quality cables and sources the FIBAE 2 definitely rise to the occasion.

Unfortunately, I've been swamped with recording projects recently and so I've spent a ton more time on my XR than on my FIBAE 2. With that said though, I very much agree with your impressions; they are indeed spectacular fun! On the subject of upgrade cables, I've paired my FIBAE 2 with a PlusSound Exo Tri-Metal cable which has given the F2 some much-needed warmth and forwardness in the midrange. The soundstage has become taller as well, but less deep due to the added intimacy. It's a beautiful combo I can only hope to spend more time with in the coming days :D

I have been listening to my universal's for the last few days and I agree these are superb fun, once you have found the correct tips and cable that match your own tastes. I still really like these with the ARES II cable, as it just gives everything that much needed lift in all areas and still leaves that slight v-shaped/fun signature overall - they are really smooth/effortless sounding. As you mention, the fit/footprint of these universal's when inserted is very small and comfortable for long listening sessions.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I did initially put Comply tips on these as I really don't like silicon tips - they always seem to collapse in my ear canal and I never (rarely) get a good seal - but I did a significant amount of tip rolling and whilst I still do like the Comply's (for my own tastes) these do leave a slight veil over the overall sound signature (although I do still get the best seal with these). After trying probably about 10 different types of silicon tips (this made me remember I really hate SpinFits BTW) I tried the medium sized MandarinE Wide Bore tips, that had previously really hurt my ear canals and I hadn't been using. To begin with these still hurt my ears, even though I was getting a good seal, so I decided to pull the silicon back and remove the orange foam from underneath. Voila - these now give me almost the same seal that I was getting with the Comply tips but I no longer get the slight veil over the music and everything now has better clarity, with the same fantastic sub base. YMMV, but I think I found a winner with these tips now - not sure what it is but they seem to have a slightly thicker silicon that other tips and is probably why they are not collapsing (as much) in my ears.

FIBAE3.jpg

Hopefully these will keep getting better and better with a few more hours on them - happy listening! :ksc75smile:
:beerchug:

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #135 of 2,466
Cross posting here.

Generally FIBAE will play nice with bluetooth adapter. But boy I’m impressed with BeatsX performance.

Shout out to iDevice users out there that looking for wireless solution for newer iphones: You might want to consider reterminating BeatsX.

Sigh, nobody cares :frowning2:..

Anyways I jumped in and contact awesome people from Treoo if they can reterminate beatsx. Well they do!!

Here it goes:

And you know what? It sounds decent with my Custom Art FIBAE2!! Sound wise, it beats all my other bluetooth adapter. Well nothing less expected. Apple W1 chip does play nice with my iDevices.

Microphone also performs well. Finally I found my preferred wireless solution :D.

Tagging @piotrus-g, perhaps Custom Art can start offering bluetooth solution :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back