CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #151 of 2,466
So. CA claims that FIbae going to sound the same from any sources. DId anyone check it already? Is that mean that i will get same SQ from my MOJO as well as from my Moto Z?? Not sure is it good, or bad)

I've heard my FIBAE 2 through my AK70-Kai, my Onkyo DP-X1, and my Mojo and I can confirm that the sound signature of the IEM remains the same; as far as I can tell, there have been no shifts along the frequency response from bass to mids to treble. The only differences I've heard have to do with soundstage size, imaging accuracy, L/R separation, and resolution. I think it's simply a case of better DACs being able to decode more information to feed the amp/IEM with, and not necessarily changes in output impedance, phase, etc. So, FIBAE IEMs will scale with better sources, but in ways that won't tamper with the sound signature of the IEM.

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #152 of 2,466
I've heard my FIBAE 2 through my AK70-Kai, my Onkyo DP-X1, and my Mojo and I can confirm that the sound signature of the IEM remains the same; as far as I can tell, there have been no shifts along the frequency response from bass to mids to treble. The only differences I've heard have to do with soundstage size, imaging accuracy, L/R separation, and resolution. I think it's simply a case of better DACs being able to decode more information to feed the amp/IEM with, and not necessarily changes in output impedance, phase, etc. So, FIBAE IEMs will scale with better sources, but in ways that won't tamper with the sound signature of the IEM.
^^^ it's important to distinguish between sound quality and sound signature. Sound signature should remain vastly unchanged while sound quality will change based on DAP/DAC/AMP, file quality and cables.

Oct 4, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #153 of 2,466
^^^ it's important to distinguish between sound quality and sound signature. Sound signature should remain vastly unchanged while sound quality will change based on DAP/DAC/AMP, file quality and cables.
And my findings concur with this. I tried three sources and the signature was consistent. I noticed an upgrade to the quality with Ares II as well as Whiplash SPC. I am yet to try them with the Dita Truth copper, however I expect an upgrade in quality with that cable as well. My reference DAP, Opus #2 is an incredible pairing. So if you look at it I have basically tested the FIBAE 2 with an array of different pricing level upgrades. These babies don't disappoint!

Oct 4, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #154 of 2,466
Wow. Thats actually mean that Fibae can be use like ultimate iems for DAC testing/reviews. Signature will stay the same, but you be able to hear all issues of DAC. I guess i need these)
When we will get flagship Fibae iems?

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #155 of 2,466
Wow. Thats actually mean that Fibae can be use like ultimate iems for DAC testing/reviews. Signature will stay the same, but you be able to hear all issues of DAC. I guess i need these)
Yes exactly! In that sense they are completely transparent to the sound source!
When we will get flagship Fibae iems?
Ahhh, hard to tell, but we are getting really close to 3-driver release. Which by now is already way too delayed. There will be another release soon, those will be higher tier, but not top - but I cannot give more details. The flagship is not in works yet, except for some initial thoughts/concepts.

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #156 of 2,466
I can't wait to listening 3-driver release. Flagship FIBAE sounds great, but I very interesting your concepts sound signature :wink

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #157 of 2,466
Ahhh, hard to tell, but we are getting really close to 3-driver release. Which by now is already way too delayed. There will be another release soon, those will be higher tier, but not top - but I cannot give more details. The flagship is not in works yet, except for some initial thoughts/concepts.
Great to hear! Is the FIBAE-3 still more towards a reference sound? I seem to remember that in the initial stages you indicated the tuning was like that.

Very interested in what else is coming and especially what the future will bring for the flagship. I demoed the Harmony 8.2 at Indulgence and was very impressed by it, definitely one of my favourites, and based on FIBAE-2 compared to my (still very much beloved) Ei.3, I suspect the higher end FIBAE models might well end up being very special indeed!

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #158 of 2,466
Great to hear! Is the FIBAE-3 still more towards a reference sound? I seem to remember that in the initial stages you indicated the tuning was like that.

Very interested in what else is coming and especially what the future will bring for the flagship. I demoed the Harmony 8.2 at Indulgence and was very impressed by it, definitely one of my favourites, and based on FIBAE-2 compared to my (still very much beloved) Ei.3, I suspect the higher end FIBAE models might well end up being very special indeed!
Yeah it will be sort of flat/reference, but with some "twist" :p

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #159 of 2,466
Yeah it will be sort of flat/reference, but with some "twist" :p

I seriously look forward to the Fibae 3 and the new flagship. As you know I have to switch to other gear once a review is done, but I seriously miss the Fibae 2. It was so incredibly rich sounding, I love it.!

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #160 of 2,466
I seriously look forward to the Fibae 3 and the new flagship. As you know I have to switch to other gear once a review is done, but I seriously miss the Fibae 2. It was so incredibly rich sounding, I love it.!
I only had a brief demo with them and really liked them! I also loved the Harmony 8.2. There is just something about the Custom Art house sound that suits my preferences very well, so I will be keeping a close eye on the developments with FIBAE and will plan a trip to Gisele Flower (UK distributor) once demo units become available (unless Piotr wants to loan me a review unit :wink: ).

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #162 of 2,466
Hello guys, yesterday i went to visit Pİotr and the office. Listened to fibae 2 and ei.3 demos, i must say i am impressed by the quality of people and the products. Piotr was very cool too :)

Fibae 2 has been a all around great earphone and CustomArt knows what they do :) i ordered a fibae 2 on the spot hope to see it soon :) They have many things upcoming but they are caring about the situation so i couldn't get much info but Piotr seems very excited for the new things on the horizon :)

That's all for me i just wanted to report how cool these people are :)

Oct 7, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #163 of 2,466
Hello guys, yesterday i went to visit Pİotr and the office. Listened to fibae 2 and ei.3 demos, i must say i am impressed by the quality of people and the products. Piotr was very cool too :)

Fibae 2 has been a all around great earphone and CustomArt knows what they do :) i ordered a fibae 2 on the spot hope to see it soon :) They have many things upcoming but they are caring about the situation so i couldn't get much info but Piotr seems very excited for the new things on the horizon :)

Great to hear, man! I haven't been able to listen to my F2's because of both a review I'm in the middle of writing as well as work, and I miss them terribly! I too am excitedly anticipating their upcoming releases. Piotr's constant excitement about IEMs (and messing with IEMs) is one of the reasons why I love CA so much as a company. Can't wait for you to receive your IEMs and post impressions. cheers!

Oct 7, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #164 of 2,466
After all the impressions popping up it just gets harder to wait for my fibae2 to arrive. After nearly 5 weeks I am checking my inbox far more often than I should. :wink:

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #165 of 2,466

Thanks for the visit and your order. It was indeed fun! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back