CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Aug 5, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #76 of 2,471
What can I say? Mind = blown!

Maybe Piotr has taken better photos but you get the idea :)
That looks amazingly good! They really did a steller job on those. I love how the colours run through the shells, that looks so darn good!

Enjoy! :)

Aug 5, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #79 of 2,471
I guess everybody loves Piotr, people in our Turkish community only praise him, i will come to Bialystok/PL for erasmus in september i hope i can get my ciems right from the lab? and do you do impressions as well?

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #80 of 2,471
I guess everybody loves Piotr, people in our Turkish community only praise him, i will come to Bialystok/PL for erasmus in september i hope i can get my ciems right from the lab? and do you do impressions as well?
I'd imagine that you would be able to try demos and get impressions at the lab. The ciems take about 5 weeks, so I doubt you would be able to pick them up there.

Aug 5, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #81 of 2,471
I'd imagine that you would be able to try demos and get impressions at the lab. The ciems take about 5 weeks, so I doubt you would be able to pick them up there.
Hello David thanks for your answer, i am sure about fibae 2 so i won't need to try demos [hopefully], and if i can get impressions at the lab and else. Picking up won't be a problem :)

Aug 6, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #84 of 2,471
What can I say? Mind = blown!

Maybe Piotr has taken better photos but you get the idea :)
lovely pictures my friend! The color blend was based on the graphics, originally we discussed some other designs but we picked up colors that were present on both prints (light purple and green transparent) and instead of doing typical swirl we decided to go with huge chunks of the shell in single color. Right shell is the opposite blend to Left shell and they match the print dominating color :)

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #85 of 2,471
@piotrus-g They are amazing man, everyone is looking at me in all the coffee shops I work from :)

@davidcotton The sound is freaking amazing. I had the demo units for 2 weeks and was already in love with it. Best sound I've ever heard from headphones so far.

I am still trying to get used to the customs, dont know if the fit is good or not. Will give it ~5-10 hours before I decide. Now there is a slight annoyance in the left (but like 0.5/10 scale) and a 6/10 one in the right ear (this one is annoying and it feels like the bone or the cartilage is the one affected). But as I said, not used to this and will definitely need to give it a few more hours (couldn't listen at all during the weekend because of extreme heat/sweat).

I am completely lost in the sound really, I've listened to a lot of stuff during the past 5 years, but this wins hands down for the funnest sound of all. I bought them to have them with me at all times and that's what I intend to do. Probably best all-rounder on the market now.

Aug 7, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #86 of 2,471
Just FYI, due to your ear canals which are fairly small (~3mm diameter) we had to modify the sound bores a little bit - so the dual bores merge into larger one. It has some impact on higher frequencies and slightly changed some peak, but it shouldn't be major difference, the core of the sound is definitely FIBAE2.

Yup pretty freaking nice design, so much work went into it... :p

What size were my ear canals and have you experienced any challenges turning them into fibae's yet? :sweat_smile:

-Hyrkkänen

Aug 8, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #87 of 2,471
What size were my ear canals and have you experienced any challenges turning them into fibae's yet? :sweat_smile:
Your order is in production now and shells should be molded today. We will see after the shell is molded but most probably we will have to make the same single bore marge to fit it. This is last resort solution though.

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #88 of 2,471
A friend of mine just picked up my FIBAE 2 from Music Sanctuary and he should be giving them to me within the next couple of days. Seriously excited for my very first silicone IEM, and to hear my favourite IEM out of CanJam SG in its full custom form! Expect first impressions to come soon :D

Aug 10, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #89 of 2,471
You know, they say the only colour you're allowed to layer on top of gold... is gold itself...

They're here... and they're BEAUTIFUL!

BD69DAAF-29BD-425F-9A00-07265E915931.jpg

Gold-leaf-adorned black cut-out faceplates with my signature on the right, and a home-made F2 logo on the left.

The gold engravings may be difficult to tell apart from the gold leaf in the photo, but they sparkle differently and contrast beautifully in real life. The shell is also black infused with gold mica powder that's undetectable on certain angles, and only visible when struck by light. I both love and hate how my FIBAE 2's most stunning features are literally impossible to capture on camera, but I guess it only adds to the allure.

In terms of fit, these gems are nothing short of perfect. Putting them in my ears for the very first time was a struggle to say the least, having never worn a silicone-shelled IEM before. Once I mustered up the courage (and arm grease) to really push them in though, they popped right in and fit like a proper pair of gloves. Even pressure everywhere, and having enough flex to eliminate any gaps or air pockets that may form with my acrylic monitors. Awesome!

And, they don't sound half-bad either :wink: Jokes aside, the FIBAE 2 have a clear, open, and buttery smooth sound that's capable of being both lively and fun, and seductive and gossomer. From bottom-to-top they have a warmth and energy that's pleasant, exciting, and addictive from first listen. Bass notes are rounded, thick, and punch very naturally, mids are warm, neutrally placed, yet exceptionally layered (especially for an IEM at this price), and the treble is natural, linear, open, and clear, with neither the general amount nor sharpness to induce any shrillness or harshness.

Soundstage and separation is where I've noticed the largest difference between the CanJam demo unit I tried months ago and my custom unit. I don't know if it's a custom-vs-universal difference, or if it's simply my memory, but the unit I'm hearing now has a significantly larger soundstage and has greater layering, depth-wise especially. Although it may not have the imaging, ultimate resolution, or rumble of my H8.2, the FIBAE 2 is, IMO, more open-sounding, more lively, and just a crap ton of fun to listen to.

I'm 100% sure New Toy Syndrome has at least a tiny part in this but I am totally in love with my FIBAE 2. It's so very refreshing to know that I can listen to my SGD 3.5k EE Zeus-XR and to these SGD 1k FIBAE 2's and receive the same amount of joy. I can't analyze a recording with these like I can with the XR, but the XR has never made me head bang to Animals as Leaders the way I'm doing now. They're fun, unapologetic, and, from top to bottom (and to the budget CIEM world :p), they pack one hell of a punch!

I hope all of you have 475 Euros to spare, 'cus you'll wanna get yourself a pair of these Fun, Insanely Bad-Ass Earphones :wink:

Bravo @piotrus-g! Bravo! :D :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back