CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #421 of 2,466
No discomfort or pain at all anymore, just air pressure that muffle the sound and makes some tiny "air pop" sound in my ears.

I discussed with Piotr about this and he told me that was probably due to too tight a fit. But I was wondering if there was a trick that could help and prevent me from sending them back to Poland :D

My recommendation would be to break the seal every few tracks. I usually do this by pushing down-and-slightly-outwards on the top of the IEM, such that the top of the IEM is out of your ear, while the bottom remains inside. The air gap should automatically relieve all pressure, and pushing the IEM back in should be no issue.

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #422 of 2,466
Glad to hear everything is alright! Thanks for quick sound impressions

Hmm, not really... I posted some comparison to 8Pro few pages back. 8Pro has much more mid bass and gentle down slope at subbass. 8Pro's highs were also centered around 6-7kHz peak, while F3 has highs more focused on 10-20kHz.
FIBAE 3 has really been designed from the ground up. It was loosely built around (inspired by) STAX signature. I doubt there's any other IEM that has similar signature to F3, maybe ER4XR, but still F3 has more bass and more highs.
Written like a true ex-reviewer

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #423 of 2,466
My recommendation would be to break the seal every few tracks. I usually do this by pushing down-and-slightly-outwards on the top of the IEM, such that the top of the IEM is out of your ear, while the bottom remains inside. The air gap should automatically relieve all pressure, and pushing the IEM back in should be no issue.
I'll give it a try, thanks :)

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #424 of 2,466
Yeah I would recommend breaking a seal once in a while for easy solution. Pulling down on ear lobes should be even simpler technique, or flexing jaw muscles to push out IEM could work too

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #425 of 2,466
what kind of cable would F3 benefit most ?

also , would love more comparisons with reference ciems like NT6 / Katana etc

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #426 of 2,466

If the F3 is anything like the F2 regarding cables, the F2 really scaled to the cable. The Ares II is great with it.

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #427 of 2,466

I'd personally pair the F3 with cables that bring a bit of weight to the midrange; heft to the vocals. I'm currently listening to them on a 2-wire PWAudio 1960s and I find the pairing sublime, but - of course - that should be the case if the cable is pricier than the IEMs themselves. :D I'd imagine something like the Ares II+, the Han Sound Audio Redcore or the PlusSound GPC to work really well too. I haven't tried those pairings yet, but I will be visiting MS again next week. :wink:

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #428 of 2,466
dying to get 1960s 2-wire for my Zeus XR but i can not justify paying 1000$ for a cable - yet.

F3 seems like a great ciem , need to save up a bit and in the meanwhile see more reviews pouring in

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #429 of 2,466
I'd personally pair the F3 with cables that bring a bit of weight to the midrange; heft to the vocals. I'm currently listening to them on a 2-wire PWAudio 1960s and I find the pairing sublime, but - of course - that should be the case if the cable is pricier than the IEMs themselves. :D I'd imagine something like the Ares II+, the Han Sound Audio Redcore or the PlusSound GPC to work really well too. I haven't tried those pairings yet, but I will be visiting MS again next week. :wink:

How about the EOS or the Thor II?

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #430 of 2,466
How about the EOS or the Thor II?

I tried the Eos and it further accentuated the qualities of the F3; an even cleaner top-end, more mid-bass impact and a more transparent vocal range. It was a technically-sound combo - and I wouldn't even call it analytical - but it felt a bit too lean for my tastes. I haven't tried the Thor Silver II (or my Ares II+ for that matter) yet with the F3, but I will within the next few days.

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #431 of 2,466
I tried the Eos and it further accentuated the qualities of the F3; an even cleaner top-end, more mid-bass impact and a more transparent vocal range. It was a technically-sound combo - and I wouldn't even call it analytical - but it felt a bit too lean for my tastes. I haven't tried the Thor Silver II (or my Ares II+ for that matter) yet with the F3, but I will within the next few days.

thanks, let us know. I should get my F3 next Wednesday. :ksc75smile:

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #432 of 2,466

I'm using mine with the Atlas Zeno IEM cable currently, and it works very well, excellent separation and warmth but still good sparkle. Not had a chance to cable roll lots yet

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #433 of 2,466
I tried it with the Golden mk3(it is SPC) and the Dita Truth cable as well as the Ares II and all of them were good. The Silver Litz not as good it was too sparkly for my tastes.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #434 of 2,466
Another quick phone pic...

IMG_20171222_174215-01.jpeg

Dec 23, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #435 of 2,466
Yeah I would recommend breaking a seal once in a while for easy solution. Pulling down on ear lobes should be even simpler technique, or flexing jaw muscles to push out IEM could work too

Tried both tricks, it sometimes works, sometimes not. But most of the times when I broke the seal pressure builds up as soon as I'm replacing the unit back.

It's giving me slight headaches and the feeling my eyeballs are gonna pop out lol.

I will discuss this further with Piotr when he gets back from his well deserved holiday rest :)

Merry Christmas to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back