CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Oct 9, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #166 of 2,466
Few thoughts a few weeks after I received the FIBAE 2

I will start with the obvious, these are the best headphones I've listened to and if you have any doubts, just don't. Used them with a lot of sources and they sound freaking amazing. It's just so awesome what Piotr did (I really wish I was smarter to do these kinds of things too). I think I've only listened to something else like 3 times, rest only the FIBAE 2.

I've only had one downside that we are going to fix. Went to some big shot dude here in Paris for impressions and he messed them up (I did ask specifically for bite block and he just wouldn't do it). He also did 2 impressions of the left ear (the one I have issues with) and he still used the first one, not the second one. Basically it's off by so little that only after 1-2 hours I get pain in it (and can barely take it off). So my advice is to tell the audiologists to do what you want because here in our community the combined advice is better at this specific thing (probably they know better for any other ear related activity).

Anyways, just to praise Piotr again (and his team), they are (and were) super awesome and will fix this too and will try my best to go visit them in the next few months (and hopefully try the FIBAE 3 :D)

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #167 of 2,466
Got an email, my ear impressions are with Custom Art :D

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #168 of 2,466
I've only had one downside that we are going to fix. Went to some big shot dude here in Paris for impressions and he messed them up (I did ask specifically for bite block and he just wouldn't do it). He also did 2 impressions of the left ear (the one I have issues with) and he still used the first one, not the second one. Basically it's off by so little that only after 1-2 hours I get pain in it (and can barely take it off). So my advice is to tell the audiologists to do what you want because here in our community the combined advice is better at this specific thing (probably they know better for any other ear related activity).

Anyways, just to praise Piotr again (and his team), they are (and were) super awesome and will fix this too and will try my best to go visit them in the next few months (and hopefully try the FIBAE 3 :D)

Funny how some audiologists think they know best, particularly when it comes to ciems isn't it? Mine basically refused to do the gentle pressing in on the impressions material, saying it could cause issues. I rather imagine if she had done that we might not be in the position we are in. We think that it is the Pinna/cymba area that needs adjusting to allow a good fit.

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #170 of 2,466
Funny how some audiologists think they know best, particularly when it comes to ciems isn't it? Mine basically refused to do the gentle pressing in on the impressions material, saying it could cause issues. I rather imagine if she had done that we might not be in the position we are in. We think that it is the Pinna/cymba area that needs adjusting to allow a good fit.
My audiologist told me bite blocks were a bit old fashion and had me read a few pages out of a book while the mold dried. I was very skeptical but my FIBAE 2 fit great. The right one does take a bit of fidgeting, but once in they are both very comfortable and seal tight. Not sure if anyone else has experienced the reading while the mold dried?

Oct 10, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #171 of 2,466
I'm seeing Gisele on Thursday to demo some iems. If they are good, I will likely order on the spot. Since these would be my first CIEMs, does anyone have any tips when getting the impressions done? Also, what is the consensus on silicone vs acrylic?

Oct 10, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #172 of 2,466
I'm seeing Gisele on Thursday to demo some iems. If they are good, I will likely order on the spot. Since these would be my first CIEMs, does anyone have any tips when getting the impressions done? Also, what is the consensus on silicone vs acrylic?
For ear impressions, follow instructions given by the manufacturer. For example CustomArt's requirements are here.
https://thecustomart.com/faq/

Silicon vs Acrylic comparison is here
https://thecustomart.com/iem-design-guide/

For me it's acrylic all the way, bcos of durability, ease of putting them on, ease of cable-swapping, and the colours look more striking.

Oct 10, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #173 of 2,466
Don't worry if you are seeing Gisele, she knows exactly what the impressions need to be like and she will make sure they are perfect.

Acrylic is indeed a bit more durable and requires less maintenance. Silicone might be a bit more comfortable and has better isolation. I believe Custom Art have information about this on their website and be sure to discuss it with @piotrus-g because he will make sure you get the best to fit your needs (and he is a great guy).

Have fun and say hi to Gisele from me! :wink:

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #174 of 2,466
Awesome man! If you are ordering from Giesle, trust me you're in perfect hands to get best ear impressions.

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #177 of 2,466
Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #178 of 2,466
Thanks mate, I never thought it would be possible :)

I have issues in getting custom impressions because I have an excess of flesh like a small bump in my right ear, however I have no issues using universals, they fit like a glove with the right tips.

Well the good news is that you don't have to wait for your impressions to get to CA! The even better news is that you don't have to worry about fit issues (lucky you with the universals!). In fact you know what the only bad news is? The 5 week wait like the rest of us mere mortals :p

Sure you'll like them when you get them.

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #179 of 2,466
Thanks for the advice guys, really looking forward to trying these out now :) I'm leaning towards silicone just because comfort and isolation are really important to me for my commute... how much of an impact would this have on lifespan?

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #180 of 2,466
Received "Fibae 2" today. Look at the design.. Man, this is just beautiful.
Huge thanks to Piotr and Kamil for this breathtaking piece of art.

Fibae2.jpg

SDFSD (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back