Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Sep 2, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #511 of 616
Just curious how long it's taken people to hear back from Sam. I'd like to get my UE TF remolded soon. I've emailed him twice, but haven't heard anything back.

Do I need to use a translator before I email?

What's the appropriate format/questions that have gained a response from those that have done business with him?

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #515 of 616
I don't think it ever got answered, so I want to ask what another poster also asked.. with an extra driver, is it necessary to use an amp? I don't use one now with my stock TF10s and I don't particularly want to carry one around.

Also, does anyone know the turnaround times for UM and Null these days? I've emailed them, but the turnaround on emails seems to be long as well!

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #516 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it ever got answered, so I want to ask what another poster also asked.. with an extra driver, is it necessary to use an amp? I don't use one now with my stock TF10s and I don't particularly want to carry one around.

Also, does anyone know the turnaround times for UM and Null these days? I've emailed them, but the turnaround on emails seems to be long as well!

You don't have to use an amp, but if you add an extra driver, wouldn't be sure which amp to use or if it would need amping as the specifications and configuration has changed. But it should benefit, as my customs and Se530 benefit largely from a high quality amp. But i can pull it off without thinking " THIS IS HORRIBLE" without an amp when portability is in need.

After they arrive, they take about 2-3 weeks to make, then have them sent back. So if you're shipping quick you should get them back within 4 weeks.

Sep 3, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #517 of 616
Just jumped the gun and shipped it to China through USPS priority mail with a tracking number. Crossing my fingers that I get through all this in one piece till I receive my Super.fi 5 pro remold with the extra drivers
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Little embarrassed to put this, but with my earphones @ stake, I'd rather get over it and post here for advices.
With my excitement and slight anxiety attacks of fumbling with the intl. forms for USPS, i shipped it out to the wrong address:

Unique Melody Ear Monitor
Unit 7D2, GuangDong Hotel
1140 Yuehai Road East
Zhuhai, CHINA

(instead of 1145)... and the post office just closed on me. I don't know if the package has been sent out already, but I'm going to try to go to the post office tomorrow morning (opens at 9:30) and see if I can snag it unless it gets shipped out early in the morning... Anyone know when USPS actually ships out their packages? I dropped it off 10-15 minutes before closing, but I have no idea if that affects delivery pickups.

Here's to my epic fail moment.
frown.gif

Part of me wonders, if the package gets shipped to this mislabeled address, the package will somehow find itself to to correct building (since it does say Guangdong Hotel), a single # off a street name... anyone think I'll be ok?

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #518 of 616
Don't worry. It will be in a States at list for a few days more. So, you have a chance to get them to put right address. Or even if not in China they will figure it out the right receiver.

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #519 of 616
It shouldn't be a problem, idiotic UPS managed to fix a mislabeled package for my house that had a different street name then where i'm located. I'm sure they won't have trouble finding "Unique Melody Ear Monitor" located 5 numbers of 1140 in the same building listed...since EMS are one of the smartest and most awesome couriers =)

Sep 3, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #520 of 616
I thought 1140 Yuehai Road East is like the street #, meaning it might get located 5 streets down from where I want, but you're all right. I shouldn't fret too much.
Still will goto the USPS tomorrow in the morning just in case.

Thanks for the assurances
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #521 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by irjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought 1140 Yuehai Road East is like the street #, meaning it might get located 5 streets down from where I want, but you're all right. I shouldn't fret too much.
Still will goto the USPS tomorrow in the morning just in case.

Thanks for the assurances
smily_headphones1.gif

Right, sorry about that. But there's only one GuangDong Hotel, and i don't think they are going to have trouble finding it.

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #522 of 616
Just got an email from Sam regarding my package: he received my E500's on August 21st and my remold is being done. Shipping from the Netherlands took about two weeks. Hope to have them back in a couple of weeks, after which I will post some images.

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #523 of 616
Quick question to those who have PAID for theirs already...

He wants paypal payment for 1,600RMB. But PayPal doesn't allow a RMB "Send Money" option.

Should I use an exchange service and pay him the equivalent in CAD (or USD or whathaveyou?)

Thanks for the quick replies!
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Sam told me to pay in the equivalent in USD.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #524 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP has the SE530 remolded (by the way, lets clear names up. It's the E500 and the SE530...there's no SE500 or the E530
wink.gif
but hasn't really been around here anymore.

I will have a pair by the end of this month, so get back to you guys ASAP.

Sam's Address? or Email?

Hey, thanks for the response.

I do know the numbering scheme, but I owned a number of E series 'phones and in fact bought the E500 - I got them replaced under warranty with some SE530s... I'm sure you understood what I meant
wink.gif

I assume that Sam's e-mail address is the first point of contact, and that I could get further details of where to send my IEMs from him? Therefore, if you have Sam's e-mail address, that would be great.

Cheers

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #525 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by richardmp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
I've not posted here very often, and am back on the site after about 12 months of not wanting to look in case I ended up spending more cash; taking a look around, I saw this thread and felt I had to contribute.
I must confess I'm one of those that hasn't felt they had much to say, but I have certainly read plenty, and both learned a lot and ended up spending a ton of cash as a result (I love you guys!
biggrin.gif
) of my newfound love of iems. As a brief resume I started with some Shure e2s to see what it was all about, then e3s, then some Westone 2s, added some e56 custom tips and was pleased to stay with that. 'Till I added a total bithead amp...
About a year later I had my rig stolen and had to start again. This coincided with the announcement of the Westone 3s, but after about a year I just couldn't wait any longer and bought some Shure 530s. These lasted about 6 months before I started looking for some custom tips. I ended up at the audiologist in my village (I live in Surrey, UK) and got talking to the technician who was taking the impressions. Turns out he's a bassist with a local rock group and had been toying with the idea of custom monitors and offered, rather than to have tips made, to re-shell my Shures. In for a penny, in for a pound, I signed up and a week later had some clear custom fit monitors. Some adjustments later (new impressions and a re-working) I have near perfect sound isolation, ridiculously clear sound (no sibilance at the high end), supreme comfort, and no complaints. He fitted a vent (leads from the rear of the shell into the canal) with variable size plugs to adjust bass, but I ended up blocking it completely for max effect and isolation (I use these on planes most of the time, and like to shut out as much noise as I can). I have no regrets at having gone this route, but now that I have something "custom" I find it hard to justify changing to something else!
As soon as I work out how to add some pictures (and have some time to take them) I'll post them up. For those interested, the re-shell cost me £150 some 14 months ago.
Thx,
R

Hey Richard, would you mind sharing more details of the company/audiologist etc? I'm also in the UK and might prefer to send my IEMs to the UK.

You also have PM!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back