Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Aug 30, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #496 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sam quotes me for 600RMB for a reshelling of my PFE. Wonder if I should do it...

That's what everyone gets charged
smily_headphones1.gif
, Sure why not? I myself don't like teh fit of universals anymore after getting customs, they make the sound quality that much better in my opinion and that much more comfortable. But if you are thinking about selling your earphones, or upgrading in the near future then no don't go for the custom remolding.

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #497 of 616
complete noob 2 questions:
before I send my triple fi's:
1- I now have a pair of triple fi's and a pair of superfi 5 pro.
I am sending the triples for custom monitors, would a pro tell me if I send the superfi 5 pro as well for drivers, could the 5 pro's drivers be used? or special crossovers are needed for the 4 driver set-up ?
If possible, why don't I join both triples & 5 pro in one ear mold, would be 2 bass- 1 mid- 2 highs.
please I need a pro answer if possible

2- i would like the ear molds to be clear, and white outside the ear, is that possible?
I intend to order the clears, and ask for artwork plain white, I am not sure it is doable?
I'd like to see the electronics, and white outside for the sun,
thank you

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #499 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by geomat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
complete noob 2 questions:
before I send my triple fi's:
1- I now have a pair of triple fi's and a pair of superfi 5 pro.
I am sending the triples for custom monitors, would a pro tell me if I send the superfi 5 pro as well for drivers, could the 5 pro's drivers be used? or special crossovers are needed for the 4 driver set-up ?
If possible, why don't I join both triples & 5 pro in one ear mold, would be 2 bass- 1 mid- 2 highs.
please I need a pro answer if possible

2- i would like the ear molds to be clear, and white outside the ear, is that possible?
I intend to order the clears, and ask for artwork plain white, I am not sure it is doable?
I'd like to see the electronics, and white outside for the sun,
thank you

1-That is half doable, but you won't get a very good result. The drivers in the Triple Fi 10 and the Super Fi 5 PRO are both either selected high frequency drivers or low frequencies drivers, there's not a driver in there that actually is designed purposely as a mid-range driver. So taking either of the driver from the SF% would work, but not the best way to go. You might be able to do a 5 driver custom, but like i said there won't be a dedicated and selected mid-range driver, so the low frequency from SF5 would have to take the job.

2-Yes that is possible, to have the body of the earpieces to be clear, while the faceplate or artwork is white.

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #500 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by abadr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys!

Does anyone have pics of a shure SE500/530 remodel?

Also, please can someone PM me Sam's address?

Thanks!

OP has the SE530 remolded (by the way, lets clear names up. It's the E500 and the SE530...there's no SE500 or the E530
wink.gif
but hasn't really been around here anymore.

I will have a pair by the end of this month, so get back to you guys ASAP.

Sam's Address? or Email?

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #501 of 616
Will adding new drivers to the super.fi need amping? I'm just curious as to adding new drivers will increase the demands for power output.

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #502 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Problem fixed, problem with free accounts...stupid.

1- Yes the price through UM is quite a bit cheaper for remolding. It's 600rmb for reshelling, which is $85USD vs $179.99 for Null Audio. (that is what i have heard at least)

Null Audio's price includes a new cable (Enyo silver, normally $69), a carrying case (hard shell I believe), and an accessory kit (wax loop etc.). I believe Sam charges extra for the cable and other stuff. So if you want the cable and accessories Null Audio isn't as unreasonable.

I'm considering going through Null Audio, as I'll never own a $69 cable unless it's included in the package. And the cable that comes stock with the X10 is terrible.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #503 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Null Audio's price includes a new cable (Enyo silver, normally $69), a carrying case (hard shell I believe), and an accessory kit (wax loop etc.). I believe Sam charges extra for the cable and other stuff. So if you want the cable and accessories Null Audio isn't as unreasonable.

I'm considering going through Null Audio, as I'll never own a $69 cable unless it's included in the package. And the cable that comes stock with the X10 is terrible.

Yes there is a $69 cable that comes with Null-Audio, also it's goign to take longer since you have to ship it to null audio, then NA ships it to UM.

Sep 2, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #504 of 616
Guys, anyone knows if i have to pay custom duties when remolded iem come back since it' only a modification of something i already paid taxes when i bought it?

Sep 2, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #505 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, anyone knows if i have to pay custom duties when remolded iem come back since it' only a modification of something i already paid taxes when i bought it?

Tell them to mark the package really low. There shouldn't be any custom fees, or tell them to mark it as a gift. They are not authorized to charge custom fees if it's a gift, since..well it's a gift.

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #506 of 616
Hi,
I've not posted here very often, and am back on the site after about 12 months of not wanting to look in case I ended up spending more cash; taking a look around, I saw this thread and felt I had to contribute.
I must confess I'm one of those that hasn't felt they had much to say, but I have certainly read plenty, and both learned a lot and ended up spending a ton of cash as a result (I love you guys!
biggrin.gif
) of my newfound love of iems. As a brief resume I started with some Shure e2s to see what it was all about, then e3s, then some Westone 2s, added some e56 custom tips and was pleased to stay with that. 'Till I added a total bithead amp...
About a year later I had my rig stolen and had to start again. This coincided with the announcement of the Westone 3s, but after about a year I just couldn't wait any longer and bought some Shure 530s. These lasted about 6 months before I started looking for some custom tips. I ended up at the audiologist in my village (I live in Surrey, UK) and got talking to the technician who was taking the impressions. Turns out he's a bassist with a local rock group and had been toying with the idea of custom monitors and offered, rather than to have tips made, to re-shell my Shures. In for a penny, in for a pound, I signed up and a week later had some clear custom fit monitors. Some adjustments later (new impressions and a re-working) I have near perfect sound isolation, ridiculously clear sound (no sibilance at the high end), supreme comfort, and no complaints. He fitted a vent (leads from the rear of the shell into the canal) with variable size plugs to adjust bass, but I ended up blocking it completely for max effect and isolation (I use these on planes most of the time, and like to shut out as much noise as I can). I have no regrets at having gone this route, but now that I have something "custom" I find it hard to justify changing to something else!
As soon as I work out how to add some pictures (and have some time to take them) I'll post them up. For those interested, the re-shell cost me £150 some 14 months ago.
Thx,
R

Sep 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #507 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by richardmp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
I've not posted here very often, and am back on the site after about 12 months of not wanting to look in case I ended up spending more cash; taking a look around, I saw this thread and felt I had to contribute.
I must confess I'm one of those that hasn't felt they had much to say, but I have certainly read plenty, and both learned a lot and ended up spending a ton of cash as a result (I love you guys!
biggrin.gif
) of my newfound love of iems. As a brief resume I started with some Shure e2s to see what it was all about, then e3s, then some Westone 2s, added some e56 custom tips and was pleased to stay with that. 'Till I added a total bithead amp...
About a year later I had my rig stolen and had to start again. This coincided with the announcement of the Westone 3s, but after about a year I just couldn't wait any longer and bought some Shure 530s. These lasted about 6 months before I started looking for some custom tips. I ended up at the audiologist in my village (I live in Surrey, UK) and got talking to the technician who was taking the impressions. Turns out he's a bassist with a local rock group and had been toying with the idea of custom monitors and offered, rather than to have tips made, to re-shell my Shures. In for a penny, in for a pound, I signed up and a week later had some clear custom fit monitors. Some adjustments later (new impressions and a re-working) I have near perfect sound isolation, ridiculously clear sound (no sibilance at the high end), supreme comfort, and no complaints. He fitted a vent (leads from the rear of the shell into the canal) with variable size plugs to adjust bass, but I ended up blocking it completely for max effect and isolation (I use these on planes most of the time, and like to shut out as much noise as I can). I have no regrets at having gone this route, but now that I have something "custom" I find it hard to justify changing to something else!
As soon as I work out how to add some pictures (and have some time to take them) I'll post them up. For those interested, the re-shell cost me £150 some 14 months ago.
Thx,
R

Well, I hope you do post some pictures and maybe start a new thread with more information about the company who does this type of work.

It's been months and this thread is already 34 pages long, there's practically no photos, and hardly any real feedback of the work UM does and most posts by MaoDi (no offence to you).

It'd be great to see someone --and more so in the UK (or western Europe)-- that does the re-shelling work professionally at a fair price.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #508 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I hope you do post some pictures and maybe start a new thread with more information about the company who does this type of work.

It's been months and this thread is already 34 pages long, there's practically no photos, and hardly any real feedback of the work UM does and most posts by MaoDi (no offence to you).

It'd be great to see someone --and more so in the UK (or western Europe)-- that does the re-shelling work professionally at a fair price.

You know you're offending when you say no offence...
wink.gif
but yes, this thread was just meant for the OP to post some cool pics of his Custom Monitors, this is nothing about the company itself and it's services. There is another thread out there, and i'm think of starting a new one as soon as i get my monitors from UM.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #509 of 616
I have been mulling over doing a review of the remolds. Maybe I will right one up tonight, I have some notes. Should I make a new thread like.. UM Remold Review/ Appreciation thread ?

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #510 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know you're offending when you say no offence...
wink.gif
but yes, this thread was just meant for the OP to post some cool pics of his Custom Monitors, this is nothing about the company itself and it's services. There is another thread out there, and i'm think of starting a new one as soon as i get my monitors from UM.

Yes, it is often the case that when people say 'no offence' they actually do offend someone. In this particular case I simply spoke of some facts related to this thread and which contained a large number of posts by you, and that fact should not be interpreted as an offence (to you).

And yes, I believe a new thread would be more appropriate at this stage, perhaps adding contact details, which also seems to occupy a good chunk of this thread where countless people keep asking for Sam's (is that his name?) contact details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back