Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Aug 27, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #481 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by rune-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, before I mail these off let me make certain of something. The Address on the order form is to Guangdong Hotel. Is that where I'm supposed to send these? Is that where other's sent theres? This will be my first international mailing so I'm trying to make sure this all goes right.

Unique Melody Ear Monitor
Unit 7D2, Guangdong Hotel (Building)
1145 Yuehai Road East (street)
ZhuHai, CHINA

that would be where you are sending the impressions/monitors.

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #482 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, lets clear some things up. When UM adds the MId driver, they split the mid frequencies from the signal and feed it to the mid driver. Meaning, that there is no more Mid frequencies that are being fed into the crossover split of the Woofers, and the tweeter. Meaning, the tweeter, and woofers no longer have to take on the mids.

thanks for clearing it up. this piece of information is important for those taking the plunge.

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #483 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My supposition is the tape would direct the air inside the shell and dry things faster. But if you feel comfortable doing it the official way, which is to simply play music for a long time then go ahead.

And will also stress the speaker. Not a good idea to close up the path. While wearing them, your ear absorbs this pressure and a lot less is bounced back. Cover up a bass port on a bookshelf or studio and you'll feel what I'm talking about. Be careful. Even though they are tough and made of great quality never use them other then how they are supposed to be used. Just trying to save a few people from stretching speakers. Not a huge audio guy, but know a lot about sounds, pressures and hydraulics. Thanks.

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #484 of 616
I talked with a buddy of mine who had his UM3X or something like that remolded at this UM place. Sent everything over to UM. Waited about 3-4 weeks and received back. He said the fit was perfect and could be used all day. And said the sound was just the same or possibly better clarity and stage. One pretty bad thing is he said that the parts/speakers inside the molds weren't the same thing that he sent out. Like they were replaced by different speakers or drivers. That would be really bad if this was true. People sending in their expensive IEM's and then getting back inferior parts. Still sounding great, but not as they should. I'm still trying to get in touch with him to find out HOW he knew this. My question is, does UM use different parts/pieces to replace your originals so they fit better in their finished molds? How much of the internals parts is identical to what you sent out?

What I'm thinking is my friend bought another pair of the same headphones, opened them up to compare and saw differences some how. Money isn't a problem for him and he has over 16 IEM's now. He's taken many apart before to re-wire the connections inside. I really hope this is not the case because I was going to get this done also. I want UM to use what I send them, not something that just fits right. Maybe they are then selling the higher quality drivers in their own models or something? Oh, I hope not. I will try harder to get in touch with my buddy and find out what the heck he is talking about.

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #486 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, this thread reminds me of Fancy Fast Food.

Fancy Fast Food

From This:
3738105863_c31a1f4646.jpg

To This:
5UZQBaIDNq4o9tnsBc8CIj9To1_r1_500.jpg

-Ed

Ehee!!! Chemical weapon !

Aug 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #488 of 616
complete with 30% ethanol cloaked with tannin goodness from grapes, aimed at accelerating the spread of toxins in the body.

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #490 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I talked with a buddy of mine who had his UM3X or something like that remolded at this UM place. Sent everything over to UM. Waited about 3-4 weeks and received back. He said the fit was perfect and could be used all day. And said the sound was just the same or possibly better clarity and stage. One pretty bad thing is he said that the parts/speakers inside the molds weren't the same thing that he sent out. Like they were replaced by different speakers or drivers. That would be really bad if this was true. People sending in their expensive IEM's and then getting back inferior parts. Still sounding great, but not as they should. I'm still trying to get in touch with him to find out HOW he knew this. My question is, does UM use different parts/pieces to replace your originals so they fit better in their finished molds? How much of the internals parts is identical to what you sent out?

What I'm thinking is my friend bought another pair of the same headphones, opened them up to compare and saw differences some how. Money isn't a problem for him and he has over 16 IEM's now. He's taken many apart before to re-wire the connections inside. I really hope this is not the case because I was going to get this done also. I want UM to use what I send them, not something that just fits right. Maybe they are then selling the higher quality drivers in their own models or something? Oh, I hope not. I will try harder to get in touch with my buddy and find out what the heck he is talking about.

No, Sam confirmed and specifically say that they use the original parts of the earphone. They might've had to unglue the driver from the um3x, and plcae it at a different angle to the soundbore now, but everything else is the same, they might've had to add longer filters due to custom shells being bigger and universal shells being more compacted.

Aug 29, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #492 of 616
Ok, i have asked for the person that asked about the Aero...which i can't find the post with the question. The Aero is Triple Driver two way, Dual low + Single High/Mid.

Aug 30, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #493 of 616
Anyone know how complicated the artworks can be for the IEM's?

Sam asked me to just send jpgs, but I like to have pretty intricate designs, and I'm wondering how good the laser is in terms of detailing.
Haha, it seems silly asking such a question, but if im making a $230 investment in something thats already expensive, I would like it perfect :p

so I'm wondering if something like this is ok:
15022058.jpg

Will I have to rid of all the details and make it a simple logo?
It probably would be best to ask Sam or UM themselves, but since they're so busy I thought I'd ask here first
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers guys, here's to one more step closer to getting my very first customs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back