Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Aug 21, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #421 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by rune-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got this in reply from Sam this morning.

"Hi xxx

Yes ,the reshell earphone detachable cable same to other custom, u not need send to me the cables ,(send impressiones and earphone and form). the reshell only price600rmb without ship and cable.

yes the 5eb can reshell but one question ,the ear need big enough can put the diaphragm inside, the 5eb can not add drives yet.

thx
sam"

I don't know how to answer his question of whether or not my ear is big enough.. how do i know if my ear is big enough? Do I just tell him I have dumbo ears?
biggrin.gif

I'm calling audiologists around my area and it isn't good. So far the only one that has gotten back to me is saying $80 just for the impressions! That's as much as the entire reshelling process will cost. I really wish things would start going my way..

I asked if he had any photo evidence of doing EBs in my original email and he provided me a picture which I show below. Anyone know how I can tell if my ears will be big enough?

5eb.jpg

EDIT: Fixed picture.

measure your impressions, if they are around 20mm or larger at the part where the diaphragm is located at the point where your picture show. Then you'll be fine, he wants to make sure because the EB has one of the largest diaphragms in an IEM at 16mm.

ouch...$80 for impressions?

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #422 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a distributor in Hong Kong that does stuff for UM.

Oh ok, that makes more sense. I was like...what UM shop? Not sure, some places do do impressions at their shop. However, i would leave that at the Audiologist.

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #423 of 616
Well I got a surprise call from an Audiologist located in a Hospital about 45 minutes away from me. They do hearing aid work and they had never done it where they just make and give you the impressions. Everytime they do impressions they just take them to the in-house department for hearing aid fitting. She said she'd talk to the supervisor and the supervisor just said to bring $20 cash for the pair of impressions. YES!!! *moonwalks across the floor* Things are finally starting to look up
smily_headphones1.gif
Now lets just hope it doesn't all crash down and I find I can't fit the driver in there
frown.gif

Worst comes to worse a little work with a hot X-acto knife and some local anesthetic and I'll be ready to go
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #424 of 616
Quote:

Worst comes to worse a little work with a hot X-acto knife and some local anesthetic and I'll be ready to go
biggrin.gif

:O

btw. where do you get the form to fill out and send in with the earphones + impressions?

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #428 of 616
Quote:

Yeah. Never have I hoped so much that I am considered to have large ears XD

I wish my ears were SUPER BIG so then i could accommodate the future 238572305843958 driver + 34520948527498532 crossover Custom
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #429 of 616
I forgot around here who posted it but wasn't someone mentioning an upcoming IEM with 6 drivers?! I imagine they must look alot like my EBs. Two big blobs sticking 2 inches out of my ears XD

I have to admit one of the reasons for going custom is that the EBs just look horrible when they're being worn :p

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #430 of 616
Quote:

I forgot around here who posted it but wasn't someone mentioning an upcoming IEM with 6 drivers?! I imagine they must look alot like my EBs. Two big blobs sticking 2 inches out of my ears XD

I have to admit one of the reasons for going custom is that the EBs just look horrible when they're being worn :p

The six driver IEM has been out for a while. It is the JH13 pro by JH Audio.

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #431 of 616
Quote:

There's already a 6 driver custom out, and that's called the JH13. Basically all the high-end "Head.Supremus" have it on here now. They all hail it, and say it's the best custom so far. FitEar from japan has a prototype 8 driver custom. The JH13's aren't big at all, just like a regular custom. The miracle and specialty of Balanced Armature Drivers, take up no room at all send deliver a mind bobbling sound
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #434 of 616
Quote:

+1 for the cool factor :p What font is that? Are you going to have them put that on your customs?

Fontless, drew it by hand minus the base of the Shure. PLEASE DON'T SEE THIS SHURE... cause yes i have just designed your logo for your future Custom line...if that ever comes
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #435 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fontless, drew it by hand minus the base of the Shure. PLEASE DON'T SEE THIS SHURE... cause yes i have just designed your logo for your future Custom line...if that ever comes
very_evil_smiley.gif

haha Wow great job. I wanted a custom logo on mine. But I fear I have no such talents for that. Sure wish I did though. I got plenty of time to work on that though while I'm waiting to get my hearing impressions. I'll be so glad to get my EB's back
frown.gif

I'm listening to X Japan's Say Anything right now on some $20 Panasonic ear buds and it just isn't the same
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back