Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Jun 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #106 of 616
Hi Jobski,

I just had mine done and returned. I have sent you a private message with his e-mail. The result is similar to Ulsanman. I too find the Y a bit to short (I guess this is the same for all UE11 headphones though). The isolation is much, much better and they're far more comfortable than the 530 foams because they're a perfect fit for my ears. Once they're in I hardly even notice them!

Jun 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #108 of 616
thanks john and ulsan, ill contact him now
smily_headphones1.gif

btw, can't I use the tpf10 pro's cable with the reshelled one by um?

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #112 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangofish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am wondering if TF-10 sound signature would be changed after reshelling?

Exactly what I'd like to know too. If it is, I don't think this process is for me. I don't particulalry want my mids bought forward (a la Shure SE530), for example. Mids are fine enough (using the custom cable).

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #113 of 616
from what I have been reading from some Chinese sites, it seems like the sound signature did not change but the sensibility and sound stage do... can any owners here share with us more on these?

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #114 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangofish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from what I have been reading from some Chinese sites, it seems like the sound signature did not change but the sensibility and sound stage do... can any owners here share with us more on these?

For the Triple.fi 10 Pro reshell, bass is like the one you get with Comply, and trable is slightly less harsh than silicon tips. I feel soundstage has got even wider.
That's for me.

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #117 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly what I'd like to know too. If it is, I don't think this process is for me. I don't particulalry want my mids bought forward (a la Shure SE530), for example. Mids are fine enough (using the custom cable).

steviebee, what you really want are the mids of the UM3X for your UE TripleFi's so you can get to listen to Jim Morrison's voice in all it's glory. :)

Jun 14, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #119 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulsanman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
f
Took nine days!!!

so dieing to try them on myself. Do you think the resolutions and instruments separation improve as well? I listen to lots of instrumentals...

thanks

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #120 of 616
Can someone send me the link for UM's custom makers also? I was going to use Null Audio's remolding service but since no one has seen or commented on what the finished results are, I might as well go with UM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back