Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Jun 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #92 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulsanman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black, I didn't like the others and it is less likely to show wear

I am thinking of turning all the IEMs I have into customs, even non high-end ones. Fit, isolation and bass are so much better anyway. So yeah black is a good option.

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #93 of 616
bonem, any chance that you could give a very brief description of how your triple.fi's improved with the added driver and custom molds? Doesn't have to be anything long or detailed. I know you already mentioned that you noticed a big improvement.

Also, I noticed this link, and wanted to know what the product being offered was-

TS432--¶¨ÖÆ·¢ÉÕ¼¶¶úÈûUE11PRO-Ó°ÒôµçÆ÷ - ÌÔ±¦Íø

Is this a custom of their own design? Or is it a re-shelled UE11pro?

I know that there was someone who said that he got a prototype custom from UM that had four drivers recently.

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #94 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bonem, any chance that you could give a very brief description of how your triple.fi's improved with the added driver and custom molds? Doesn't have to be anything long or detailed. I know you already mentioned that you noticed a big improvement.

Also, I noticed this link, and wanted to know what the product being offered was-

TS432--¶¨ÖÆ·¢ÉÕ¼¶¶úÈûUE11PRO-Ó°ÒôµçÆ÷ - ÌÔ±¦Íø

Is this a custom of their own design? Or is it a re-shelled UE11pro?

I know that there was someone who said that he got a prototype custom from UM that had four drivers recently.

Hi roy_jones,
I can't read chinese. Maybe one of our Chinese friends can help?
The stock Triple.fi 10 pro mids are really recessed, and the SE530's are forward and clear. So if you were to imagine a Triple.fi 10 with SE530's mids, that would be a good description of my customs, who are now gone for a refit.

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #95 of 616
just heard from the Sam (the guy making my customs at unique melody) and he said he's shipping mine back today. can't wait to get them. will post some pictures and my thoughts when they arrive.

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #97 of 616
I'm having the Shure casing removed and replacing it with custom molds. I'm also changing the cable to UE11. Total cost was 1050RMB including having the molds made by an audiologist and shipping.

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #98 of 616
Very nice! I am gettin an upgrade from superfi5 to UE10 sound with an additional driver
smily_headphones1.gif
We'll see how it turns out. Should be gettin it back soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #100 of 616
I have them now!!! I don't like the cable it's both flimsy and the Y part is too short but apart from that I'm in lust!! You know the feeling you get when you realize that there is silence when the instruments are not playing there is no noise, the vocals which I had previously found to be recessed are now there full and wholesome and the detail is incredible , I'm hopping around my music trying to think of what to listen to next. The fit and seal are all the originals were not , it's perfect. Whereas before I was listening at half volume I'm now down to 4/30 and it's perfect. These guys do a wonderful job and deliver on what they promise I hope they do very well because they are offering what the customer wants especially if like me you hate the triple fit, at a reasonable price and the end result is phenomenal, worth every cent and more, I'll do a more detailed report when I come off the cloud!! Oh and my non flac players will be up for sale next week, not worth it!!

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #101 of 616
Quote:

I have them now!!! I don't like the cable it's both flimsy and the Y part is too short but apart from that I'm in lust!! You know the feeling you get when you realize that there is silence when the instruments are not playing there is no noise, the vocals which I had previously found to be recessed are now there full and wholesome and the detail is incredible , I'm hopping around my music trying to think of what to listen to next. The fit and seal are all the originals were not , it's perfect. Whereas before I was listening at half volume I'm now down to 4/30 and it's perfect. These guys do a wonderful job and deliver on what they promise I hope they do very well because they are offering what the customer wants especially if like me you hate the triple fit, at a reasonable price and the end result is phenomenal, worth every cent and more, I'll do a more detailed report when I come off the cloud!! Oh and my non flac players will be up for sale next week, not worth it!!

How is the soundstage and imaging now?

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #102 of 616
Imaging is excellent even on tracks I know intimately there are new instruments, new sounds which is why I'm running through my collection listening to new things all the time. The sound stage is wider and fuller with this wide array of sounds and instruments and , of course the wonderful complete silence from time to time. They are really super comfortable, I cannot hear any noise from the outside and after a very short time I forget they are there completely, what a change from the original!!

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #103 of 616
Can you replace the cable?
Also, I have no idea which agent to contact

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #104 of 616
Quote:

Imaging is excellent even on tracks I know intimately there are new instruments, new sounds which is why I'm running through my collection listening to new things all the time. The sound stage is wider and fuller with this wide array of sounds and instruments and , of course the wonderful complete silence from time to time. They are really super comfortable, I cannot hear any noise from the outside and after a very short time I forget they are there completely, what a change from the original!!

Good description of the experience. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back