Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
May 29, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #76 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even more interesting ie8 in a custom shell with a high frequency balanced armature now that would be incredible
smily_headphones1.gif

Seems interesting. But a full range dynamic driver which has a wider frequency response than any balanced armature won't play too well with balanced armatures. The balanced armature will react to the signal faster than the dynamic driver which result in unwanted echo in the treble. It should be a custom earphone with the IE8's dynamic driver for bass only and Shure SE530's tweeter for midrange and Etymotic ERPS driver for the treble only. That would be the ultimate custom earphone if the frequency balance between each driver is flat with no emphasis between each other. I would pay big bucks for this earphone. Come on Shure, Sennheiser and Etymotic should join and make a custom !!!!! The Shennmotic SIER5X!

May 29, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #77 of 616
you shouldn't of said that going to look into the idea as we speak
wink.gif
I wouldn't put the idea off the only thing that needs to be addressed is how the ie8 driver would be places for ventilation (has to be on the face of the custom and where the knob for tuning would go. As for a crossover any 3 way (which can be salvaged from the se530) could be used to split the signal. Definitely going to need some power to sound good though with a dynamic and 2 ba's inside
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #78 of 616
oh and also you would probably need to grab the westone 3 or um3x's crossover or make one that can split the signal 3 ways and also the 530's tweeter is not what is making the mid range as of shure's wording mid - low frequencies are going to the lower 2 drivers. So you would need to take those 2 drivers into the custom and have the crossover only feed mid range to them

May 29, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #79 of 616
Quote:

you shouldn't of said that going to look into the idea as we speak
wink.gif
I wouldn't put the idea off the only thing that needs to be addressed is how the ie8 driver would be places for ventilation (has to be on the face of the custom and where the knob for tuning would go. As for a crossover any 3 way (which can be salvaged from the se530) could be used to split the signal. Definitely going to need some power to sound good though with a dynamic and 2 ba's inside
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

oh and also you would probably need to grab the westone 3 or um3x's crossover or make one that can split the signal 3 ways and also the 530's tweeter is not what is making the mid range as of shure's wording mid - low frequencies are going to the lower 2 drivers. So you would need to take those 2 drivers into the custom and have the crossover only feed mid range to them

With the size of this custom shell it might as well be a custom headphone. LOL. But seriously I would love to hear these drivers after they were synchronized.

May 29, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #80 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by whokilledmrvo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about UE's dual bore system? Wouldnt that be gotten rid of by putting the drivers into a custom shell? I'm interested to know what the trade off is.

You never mentioned exactly how much it cost you. Custom molds alone are already pretty pricey going for around 125 to begin with. (averysound & earplugstore)

Please keep us posted!

also, i'd personally be a little wary of sending my IEM's off to be taken apart and reassembled.

Though it doesnt mean im not intrigued to no end!! cant wait for your review

The dual bore is not a concern. From what I can tell they are using the natural coherence system where there are seperate tubes leading out the headphone and your ears will naturally put the sound into 1 full part just like the dual bore on any of UE's product

May 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #81 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by - Xtreme | Fidelity - /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems interesting. But a full range dynamic driver which has a wider frequency response than any balanced armature won't play too well with balanced armatures. The balanced armature will react to the signal faster than the dynamic driver which result in unwanted echo in the treble. It should be a custom earphone with the IE8's dynamic driver for bass only and Shure SE530's tweeter for midrange and Etymotic ERPS driver for the treble only. That would be the ultimate custom earphone if the frequency balance between each driver is flat with no emphasis between each other. I would pay big bucks for this earphone. Come on Shure, Sennheiser and Etymotic should join and make a custom !!!!! The Shennmotic SIER5X!

shenmotic you say, hmmmm

hell yeah id buy that

May 29, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #83 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturnalsheet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi bonem,

thanks for sharing!

does the price of customizing(600 RMB) includes shipping?

No, shipping price will depend on your location.

May 30, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #85 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiaonibielai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a chinese guy..i know that... actually it is very cheap to have a DIY custom earphone and have almost same sound. 99%same.

Do It Yourself custom earphone? Wow. I'm an engineer and I didn't know it.

May 31, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #86 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do It Yourself custom earphone? Wow. I'm an engineer and I didn't know it.

Are engineers supposed to know everything?

May 31, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #87 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are engineers supposed to know everything?

No, but I bet they're better at making custom IEMs than, let's say, someone with a PhD in French Literature.

What I was getting at is: what does jiaonibielai call a Do It Yourself custom IEM? There's no way to make a custom IEM by yourself, not without specific technical skills and very expensive equipment. Unless you're talking about EarFuze, but that's custom molding (of a sort), not a custom IEM.

May 31, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #88 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but I bet they're better at making custom IEMs than, let's say, someone with a PhD in French Literature.

What I was getting at is: what does jiaonibielai call a Do It Yourself custom IEM? There's no way to make a custom IEM by yourself, not without specific technical skills and very expensive equipment. Unless you're talking about EarFuze, but that's custom molding (of a sort), not a custom IEM.

That's right. I'd love the be able to make my own customs in the garage though.

Jun 3, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #90 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulsanman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now eagerly waiting for delivery of the new phones about two weeks they say then I'll post my impressions!!

Which color did you chose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back